Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

So Florida is Florida but why so many uncounted votes in Arizona?

In hearing Mariposa County in AZ has over 300,000 to count

lotta mail-in ballots. we have a mail-in system and you can also drop in your mail-in ballot or early mail it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
She's up by 21k now gently caress you mcsally

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
It's after 1900, did Broward answer the order to release the number of ballots still to be counted?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the perpetual midterms are my favorite 2018 thing

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...

Billzasilver posted:

lol every tweet in this is amazing

I grew up around there. There's a healthy amount of corruption in Da Region, but this looks like gross incompetence... which is also in steady supply.

Not for nothing but no amount of votes coming out of Porter County would have affected the Congressional election. It was Pete V vs. Mark "I have lost six other times" Leyva and Visclosky beats him by like 30pts every year.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
266k ballots to go in the Maricopa County counting and next update won't be til tomorrow at 5

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

logikv9 posted:

Infrastructure Week prepared us for this, remember your training :hai:

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

lmao

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

normal country here

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Thoguh posted:

Wouldn't it be better just to dissolve DC in to Maryland/Virginia than give an area thats just a couple of square miles statehood?

Two more blue Senate seats would be nice

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Looks like the mail-in vote will cause all of the toss-up house districts in CA to go blue.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Thoguh posted:

Wouldn't it be better just to dissolve DC in to Maryland/Virginia than give an area thats just a couple of square miles statehood?

the assumption is that people living in DC should be better at politics than regular states

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Evil_Greven posted:

normal country here
I just finished watching Season 3 of Fargo but even before that I imagined county governments like that can be completely full of dedicated, hardworking, resourceful and smart public servants but then the one guy on the top is a shithead who fucks everything up every time.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Why should size matter? There would be two states with populations lower than DC, and it has a distinct culture and history.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Looks like the mail-in vote will cause all of the toss-up house districts in CA to go blue.

are y’all gonna change the thread title

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

Tell me they're gonna un-call Duncan Hunter's race

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Billzasilver posted:

the assumption is that people living in DC should be better at politics than regular states

The assumption is that the Senate is a broken institution heavily weighted to rural chud states and there's only one realistic way to counterbalance it, DC and PR (and other territories) statehood

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i can't believe that all forms of not-in-person voting is now unconstitutional and retroactively reversed

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

How have the midterms not ended yet?

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Does statehood for territories depend on a Senate vote of some sort?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

UrbicaMortis posted:

It's midterms all the way down baby

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

logikv9 posted:

lmao yeah

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
If we end up with a net-zero loss for Dems in the Senate it will be one of the greatest electoral victories in US history.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Zeroisanumber posted:

If we end up with a net-zero loss for Dems in the Senate it will be one of the greatest electoral victories in US history.

Yeah but what's the chance that we win the runoff? Pretty slim right?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

UrbicaMortis posted:

They will not end until the 2020 primaries begin because this is hellworld

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Zeroisanumber posted:

Your Personal Muse posted:

Yeah but what's the chance that we win the runoff? Pretty slim right?

Winning that runoff is slim and I think people are getting their hopes up way too high over Florida.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

UrbicaMortis posted:

This is nothing. Remember Bush vs. Gore.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Vox Nihili posted:

I checked CA 45 and it looks like walters is still ahead by 5k votes so where are you seeing this?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Rick posted:

Yeah I guess one of the few downsides of ones drivers license lasting for 40-50 years is your signature is probably not the same as when you were a teenager.

Speak for yourself. I worked on my signature in sophomore year of high school. My signature has only gotten a little cleaner in the past more than a decade-ish, that's it. Awww yeah.

Anywho, does anyone have updates on California vote counting (more than the ca-45 noted above)? My internet is out because ...
It's on fire. My internet is on fire.
And posting here uses less data than browsing on my phone.

Taco Duck posted:

Does statehood for territories depend on a Senate vote of some sort?
And consent of the states, I think.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I hope they count votes until november 2020

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

even on the off chance Gillum has the votes, he won't be declared the winner because florida

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

Yeah I guess one of the few downsides of ones drivers license lasting for 40-50 years is your signature is probably not the same as when you were a teenager.

in Pima, if your signature starts to differ too much, they send you a form in the mail prior to the next election to update it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Tell me they're gonna un-call Duncan Hunter's race

Probably not but it should at least tighten up.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gringostar posted:

I checked CA 45 and it looks like walters is still ahead by 5k votes so where are you seeing this?

It's a projection. In the districts where counting has occurred following e-day, the Dem candidates have eaten up thousands of votes of deficit. Counting will continue for at least four or five more days, and towards the end it spikes even harder towards blue (the procrastination vote). Nate Silver has all 3 of the narrow CA races w/ a GOP lead as likely Dem pickups now.

As of today the vote is maaaaybe 65% in for California, and the remaining 35% is very blue.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

U-DO Burger posted:

even on the off chance Gillum has the votes, he won't be declared the winner because florida

it's this

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1061109287093714945

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1061120843982479361

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lol "trump skeptic" gently caress that guy

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

My friend is from that county and has been yelling about it on Facebook. The cops were supposed to drive the early voting ballots to be counted at each precinct and were never given the ballots, all sorts of crazy poo poo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

logikv9 posted:

i can't believe that all forms of not-in-person voting is now unconstitutional and retroactively reversed

Honestly early voting is not that good and it's just a work around for not having election day be a paid day off which it should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

double negative posted:

lmao

spitefully showing mercy to children in the justice system to own the libs

Monster Factory getting a little weird since the McElroys left