Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

multijoe posted:

If you think about it, pretty much every fight in Stand-era JoJo is just the protagonists working past the Enemy Stand User's bullshit to the point they can punch them in the face and win

Yea, especially in Part 3 where the heroes get locked down really often. The only things that feel like real, equal fights are Pet Shop, Vanilla Ice and DIO

Most of the enemy of the week fights are sneaky, they really feel like assassins in the way, say, Tao Pai Pai didnt since they were all concerned with striking from the shadows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sticky Fingers is one of those instant-win-if-I-punch-you Stands so I get it.

e: except when it happened to Giorno, which is only because he's the main character

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

no, thats factually incorrect. Both kira and dio get the poo poo beaten out of them multiple times during their fights before actually going down

They're both the main villains of their arc so they get some more twists and turns (though Kira still loses every single fistfight he's in and only ever escapes because of 'Fate'), but the win condition for pretty much every normal Stand battle is the protagonist getting in front of them curse-free and breaking their face

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
deleted

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 9, 2018

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I hadn't read the manga because I was waiting for the re translation to be done, but afaik, the anime beat it. So after hearing that p5 was boring and that maybe that had to do with the original translation, I didn't have my hopes up. However, I enjoyed episode 1 (gently caress the 3 episode test) and stuck with it only for it to get even better. Now after todays episode, I can safely say gently caress the haters. Part 5 is great.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like with how the fight is framed it looks the enemy is the fly.

This part had me cracking me up. It looks ridiculous out of context.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's not really even that great of a fight when he's finally revealed. He just gets punched once and loses.

Fortunately, every fight after this one is much better.

Well the fight was figuring him out.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well the fight was figuring him out.

Every jojo fight is this. That's what makes it awesome.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sekkira posted:

I hadn't read the manga because I was waiting for the re translation to be done, but afaik, the anime beat it. So after hearing that p5 was boring and that maybe that had to do with the original translation, I didn't have my hopes up. However, I enjoyed episode 1 (gently caress the 3 episode test) and stuck with it only for it to get even better. Now after todays episode, I can safely say gently caress the haters. Part 5 is great.

The retranslation finished over a year ago.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Arist posted:

The retranslation finished over a year ago.

gently caress.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I like that Bruno's added the extending zipper-fist to his repertoire of attacks after seeing Giorno use it on him. Or maybe it was already his and he just suffered the indignity of having one of his own tricks turned back on him. Either way, it's a cool move.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Moody Blues looks and sounds so cool animated

I still dont think the second boat thing makes 100% sense but oh well

bruno x abbacchio otp

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
2 Boats 2 Furious

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

So did he happen to deflate a boat and carefully layer it over another one and hoped that they'd pick it? Did all the boats have a second boat layered onto it? Did he somehow deflate a boat and place it on their boat while they were riding it without them noticing????

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

So did he happen to deflate a boat and carefully layer it over another one and hoped that they'd pick it? Did all the boats have a second boat layered onto it? Did he somehow deflate a boat and place it on their boat while they were riding it without them noticing????

They left port on Lagoon 2 (wrapped around Lagoon 1), so the boat had already been wrapped by the time they left

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Lagoon 2 was still there when they pointed at Lagoon 1, so it was probably wrapped offscreen right afterwards while they were still dealing with the clerk

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

And so the weird Lagoon thing is settled, it's dumb but also really cool? It's a very Jojo setup for a fight.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, Zucchero probably tailed the gang and then wrapped the boat they'd picked. His Stand is really good for hiding, after all.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for the people who were questioning the key saying 1 in last week's episode: davidpro knows what they're doing

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I can't believe they added some foreshadowing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lagoon

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Do not question how it works

Accept that it does

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
ok so judging by his backstory abbacchio is spiderman, is what im getting

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
how the gently caress does that stand even work

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

how the gently caress does that stand even work

It deflates things!

It deflated the boat and perfectly laid the deflated boat on top of the other boat with no one seeing!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It turns things into hollow ballons, and if you stab them and make a hole you can harmlessly deflate the balloons!

He stabbed a ship, then carefully pushed the identical ship into it, filling it with air to make sure everything snapped into place

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's cool that the guy who solves crimes and also has a deep unshakeable regret has the power to replay events but cant change anything about them imo

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
more like the booty blues

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah they kind of glaze over soft machine's whole 'thing' but generally it just deflates poo poo by poking it with a tiny little sword. the whole boat trick is still kind of baffling, though.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikefossey/status/1061050017270718465

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I was really expecting this episode to end with that scene so a little disappointed I need to wait another week for that

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Sockser posted:

I was really expecting this episode to end with that scene so a little disappointed I need to wait another week for that

what do you mean? booty blues was in the middle of the episode

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I know people like to say that Bruno is the Zeppeli of this part, but I have to imagine that Abbacchio is a secret Zeppeli that can sense the DIO in Giorno, because it's pretty funny how he sees Giorno being stabbed in the spine and still waits until he disappears before using his Stand.

Expect My Mom posted:

it's cool that the guy who solves crimes and also has a deep unshakeable regret has the power to replay events but cant change anything about them imo

Very fitting, yes.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

He wrapped a deflated boat around another boat like a skin then hid between the skin and the actual boat but somehow getting punched by Sticky Fingers makes the zipper open all the way through to the real boat I don't see what's so complicated about that. :colbert:

Does that mean that he can deflate himself I guess and still act normally? I never really though about that.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Johnny Joestar posted:

for the people who were questioning the key saying 1 in last week's episode: davidpro knows what they're doing

Yeah I honestly can't believe I fell for this. Though it was a mistake. But this is davidpro and I am dumb.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

RubberLuffy posted:

Do not question how it works

Accept that it does

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > JoJo's Part 5: Do not question how it works, accept that it does

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

itskage posted:

Yeah I honestly can't believe I fell for this. Though it was a mistake. But this is davidpro and I am dumb.

a casual reminder that davidpro put in a missing glove on the rack in the part 4 anime when josuke and jotaro are fighting aqua necklace in the house

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
People slowly deflating creeped me out more than outright gore would- I think it might be the way the eyeballs were keeping their shape in that increasingly wrinkly rubbery face.
Sticky Fingers is still pretty great. If I had that Stand I think I'd just never bother with doors again. Never get locked out of my house again, put all the safe crackers out of business. Hell, who needs a safe. Just like unzip a tree, shove my cash in there, and zip it back up. Maybe not a tree, maybe a wall or something.
I do hope we get, like, a little more info on Moody Blues' time range becuase what we have right now is a perfect eavesdropping/blackmail device. Rewind to Your Boss at the secret meeting yesterday. Rewind to someone typing in their computer password. Rewind to your coworker singing dumb songs at his cat and film it.
Also Abbacchio is like 21 so as far as I can tell between police academy, his sad drunk days, and being a gang member, he took like 20 minutes to become an incredibly jaded police officer.

Anyway Bruno is the best because he correctly identified a Black-Tailed Gull, despite them not being native to Italy. This shows a man who cares about gulls, an admirable attribute in any person.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 10, 2018

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The sound design in this series is so loving good
Also: everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
The animation for the Moody Blues replay was amazing. Goddamn DavidPro you're amazing.