Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Its been a while since I've had the chance to bust this one out

THE BEST PEOPLE

But seriously, you'd think they would have figured out how to vet people for promotions and hirings by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Zwabu posted:

Now that the voting is over have we heard word ONE about the goddam loving caravan?

Also, I'm really glad now that I was working late and didn't get to follow the minute to minute Nate Silver debacle with the real time prediction model. gently caress that, just get raw results of races. I probably would have had a stroke. Had a friend texting me saying "Carville saying NO BLUE WAVE" and I'm like, based on WHAT?

Trump wrote an executive order that says they can't enter and went to bed

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

OhDearGodNo posted:

I think she was the one who blew off healthcare questions last week saying that “they should be talking about things that matter, like the caravan”

She’s a nut job.

Candidate milkshake duck

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Zwabu posted:

Now that the voting is over have we heard word ONE about the goddam loving caravan?

Also, I'm really glad now that I was working late and didn't get to follow the minute to minute Nate Silver debacle with the real time prediction model. gently caress that, just get raw results of races. I probably would have had a stroke. Had a friend texting me saying "Carville saying NO BLUE WAVE" and I'm like, based on WHAT?

Caravan??? No the new hotness is Dems fabricating votes in Florida. Gotta keep up!

And watching Nate's model was a wild ride. 70% to 90% back down to 60% oh god it's under 30% what is happening holy poo poo ok it's back up to 50%

And the 538 crew completely ignoring it for a full half an hour and getting all huffy when people called them out on the model being lovely was great. "My model is working perfectly when rural counties come in first and the bot decides this means all voters are voting Republican forever. It makes perfect sense and is very well programmed."

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SourKraut posted:

Nah, it’d be pretty politically savvy for them to go with McSally to replace Kyl and then have her campaign in 2020 for the seat.

She’s your typical “do what it takes” Republican, and definitely polically savvy/smart, but most here locally don’t actually think she likes Trump. It’s just that’s his true base is too stupid to realize/doesn’t care that she’s faking it.

Also, Sinema has spent several years now trying to play the part of the centrist; when she first was going for a House seat in 2012, she very much talked about her liberal views and the fact she’s bisexual. Now? Nothing in that regard, and her local radio and tv ads all sold up centrist view points.

McSally’s campaign actually put out quite a bit of negative ads about Sinema that McSally openly endorsed, but Sinema actually avoided that, and let outside groups and PACs do the negative attack ads while her ads talked about veteran medical bills, healthcare, etc.

She could easily become a slightly better, female version of Manchin.

Also, we’re lucky enough to have Sinema in the position she’s in to possibly win as it is, and I’m not sure the local Democratic Party can put anything together or find someone who’d be as good of a counter to McSally as Sinema has been.

I think one of the most shocking things about living in AZ was hearing the occasional pro-Sinema add out and out say "Martha McSally is LYING about Kirsten Sinema." Like, the L-word is so verboten in politics it was weird to hear it used unabashedly.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

The Glumslinger posted:

Its been a while since I've had the chance to bust this one out

THE BEST PEOPLE

But seriously, you'd think they would have figured out how to vet people for promotions and hirings by now

Honestly no, I don’t think they would’ve figured it out by now, I still think finding the thermostat to the White House is a mystery to that crew

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Turtle lies again and he knows you know he's lying.

https://twitter.com/phillipmbailey/status/1060196074495926273

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/varin/status/1060937524040884224
Read this thread to watch your vote disappear!
I have a good friend who worked at a polling place in Porter County. It was hosed. He wrote this at the request of.... Someone. Not sure who yet.

quote:

The night before the election, the Democratic Party relayed my name to Becky Rauch in the Porter County government as someone interested in working the polls the next day. I received a call shortly before 9pm from Becky, who explained the process and offered to have me work as a Democratic Judge in Center Township precinct 23. The polling location was Prince of Peace Lutheran Church. She explained that since the Inspector for that precinct was a Republican, I would need to assist in transporting the ballots back to the county building after they were counted, and while on the call she emailed me a list of training videos on how to be a judge.

There were two precincts at my polling place, 23 and 32. Both inspectors were present, as were all 4 clerks and three judges. Two of our judges were Democrats, one was a high school student, and the fourth (the Republican judge for 23) did not arrive or respond to calls.

I sent Becky a text notifying her that this judge did not appear and received no response. We opened our polling place at exactly 6:00am, and polling went quite smoothly for the entire day, with the exception of the lingering knowledge that the absentee ballots were many hours late. Those ballots never arrived. We closed the polling place at exactly 6:00pm. After about two hours of waiting and calling County officials, we were finally told by two different officials to pack up the polling location and come in. We did so, and I accompanied our inspector to the County Administration Building.

We arrived in the parking garage shortly before 9pm. A crowded line of judges and inspectors with suitcases had formed that spilled out into the parking garage. Most had not received their absentee ballots. Those who had were being summoned to the front of the line. One man angrily left the scene with a full suitcase in tow. A uniformed officer returned a short time later, carrying only the suitcase. Someone walked through the line shortly thereafter carrying several water bottles and a bundle of Subway sandwiches, which were just enough to allow anyone with a health condition to eat something while we all waited.

We received the following explanations from County officials or others present, who did not identify themselves. One said that this delay was caused by two departments, the Voter Registration Office and the Clerk’s Office, not working together. Another said that she was a kindergarten teacher who had been recruited by the County to count absentee ballots. A third (quite a while later) said that the procedure had been just changed to allow poll workers to leave without waiting for the absentee ballots to be counted, but the staff in the hallway continued to call anyone whose absentee ballots had been delivered to their precinct to the front of the line.

After nearly two hours in line, we arrived at the tables set up in a small atrium at the center of the building, where our suitcase was checked. This process went relatively smoothly, and we left at approximately 11pm the same way we came in. The line of poll workers was nearly as long as it was when we arrived.

Mod Edit: formatting was altered on behalf of the original poster because of an issue with mobile.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 10, 2018

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

dwarf74 posted:

I have a good friend who worked at a polling place in Porter County. It was hosed. He wrote this at the request of.... Someone. Not sure who yet.

Can you do me a favor and edit that so that it's readable? :stare:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Here is a peek at how The Donald is handling all these election stories

quote:

Today might be the day we look back on and cite as the event that truly escalated this cold civil war.
-
I AM A FLORIDAMAN AND I HAVE TOMORROW OFF WORK. WHERE DO I NEED TO SHOW UP TO HELP?
-
I'm starting to lose faith. How can this kind of atrocious behavior keep happening and be tolerated? This is illegal, immoral, prosecutionable behavior. Why aren't we pushing it? They certainly would.
-
You’ve gotta be loving kidding me!
I despise the Democrats more than I ever did now. It’s so obvious what they’re doing. Good thing is that if Gillum and Nelson win, they can be banned from sitting, due to suspicious activities.
-
THIS IS SUCH HORSESHIT

OBVIOUS loving FRAUD
-
Nothing we can do apart from sending out HELP! messages. Tbh if people aren't going to stop the poo poo show, yes even Trump. Then there is no point in voting.
This goes way way way past MAGA and the Trump train.
They are breaking the law. They need to be stopped right now. Not tomorrow. Not in an hour now. The FBI should be ripping these people a new rear end in a top hat hole.
_

If I was in Florida I would be calling my state reps and saying that if Gillum is declared the winner after this that you should refuse to perform your duties, no budget no government
As for the senate seat all republicans need to call their senator and say that you will be monitoring their activity and if they so much as sniff at Nelson you will actively campaigning against them
-
Like what exactly? It doesn't even matter if we vote. We turn up in huge numbers to support our President and for what good? This country is still a corrupt cesspool. We still answer to foreign countries, we are still run by foreign countries, we are being over run by foreign countries. I don't know about any of you but I have no idea who to trust anymore. I still have faith in Trump but what about the rest of his administration? We were told to trust Sessions and now he's gone. For every hurdle we clear, there are 10 more ahead. The MSM is owned by corruption and they have the ears and eyes of the American people
-
I think it’s obvious. We are and have been in the middle of the 2nd Civil War.
It’s not a conventional war. The military supports Trump therefore it cannot be fought with weaponry. It’s being fought through the judicial system and elections.
The Democrats trying to steal Florida, Arizona etc. are doing so out of desperation because they’re about to lose the war. This election fraud is a lose-lose for the Dems, too. No way Voter ID laws aren’t enacted after this fiasco and Voter ID laws end the Democratic Party.
Trump planned this.
-
The GOP better get its act together in Florida, Texas and Arizona, or we will never win the presidency again. Big wake up call, people. If you can get involved in your local election office, do it ASAP. If you can organize voter registration drives, do it ASAP and often - churches would be a good place. Our government belongs to the people who show up, and by the looks of it we have become too complacent, and we are seeing the results. If you’re fed up with living in a hopelessly blue state, consider moving to a red state that needs your vote to help keep it red. We can’t wait for someone to swoop in and fix all this, we have to fix it ourselves through action.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TRUMP PLANNED THIS

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lightning Knight posted:

Republicans are people. That's the scary part. They live among us, and you can talk to one and not even know right away.

*twilight zone music plays*

You're thinking of corporations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1061104224090628097

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Wow this sounds exactly like Trump!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lightning Knight posted:

Republicans are people. That's the scary part. They live among us, and you can talk to one and not even know right away.

Put on the god drat glasses!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

awesome this guy has like a week left, max, at this rate

"I appointed him Attorney General but he's literally a stranger! He could be horrible! I have no idea!"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Defending yourself on twitter at 11 PM.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
That's the sound of a pending resignation

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Lightning Knight posted:

Can you do me a favor and edit that so that it's readable? :stare:
poo poo. Yah I just tried, is that any better? Hard to tell line breaks while phone posting.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
He’s a good man BUT I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM OR KNEW WHO HE WAS BLAME SESSIONS

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Some may find this interesting, but going back to chuddy areas of the Phoenix metro area:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...ate/1944724002/

Essentially the central blue core is Phoenix, the minority areas of (east) Glendale on the west/left side, and on the right/east side, the portions of south Scottsdale that are near ASU and have more middle class families (which north-central Scottsdale residents as the “ghetto”), then Tempe where you have ASU and college students/faculty living. West Mesa and northwest Gilbert are heavily Hispanic, so that’s why you see that blue.

Chandler is somewhat surprising: north Chandler is heavily Hispanic, so that isn’t, but northwest Chandler has some wealth since it’s near/sandwiched between the Intel fabs.

On the ease side, the solid red outside of what I listed above are the parts of south Gilbert, south Chandler, Queen Creek, etc. that are 95+ white and charter school heavy. These are individuals who kept buying houses further and further out during the housing boom so they could larger and larger McMansions while also openly desiring to push further from the “ghetto” (Hispanic areas).

East Mesa is just a lot of older residents, so think Sun City, while northeast Mesa is the wealthier areas and southeast is rapidly growing but similar to what I wrote above about south Gilbert, etc.

In the west valley, western Glendale, Peoria, Surprise, Goodyear, and north Avondale have tradionally been lower middle class to poor white communities who moved out to those areas because they could get a very large (poorly constructed) home for really cheap, while feeling like they were equivalent to the wealthier East Valley, A home with the same floor plan, floor space, amenities, by the same builder, could be $100,000 or more less due to distance, being in the west valley, etc. Some of the reason for some of the light blue and tighter support in these areas is because charter schools have no where near the presence as they do in the east valley, so families get hit harder by education issues such as RedforEd, which is helping Sinema some this year. These areas got hit really hard in 2008/2009 with the foreclosure crisis.

I won’t even get into the likes of the Sun Cities, “Youngstown”, etc , since I’m sure most can imagine how those areas are...

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

dwarf74 posted:

poo poo. Yah I just tried, is that any better? Hard to tell line breaks while phone posting.

Oh I see, ok I'll do it for you, I'm on a laptop.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

eke out posted:

"I appointed him Attorney General but he's literally a stranger! He could be horrible! I have no idea!"

So what else is about to break on Whitaker?

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Guze posted:

So what else is about to break on Whitaker?

Maybe Trump is going to Scaramucci him.

Scaramucci Steps:
1: Whitaker fires Muller
2: Trump puts out a statement "I had no idea he was going to do that! I told him not to, but what could I do, it was out of my hands!"
3: Trump has Kelly fire Whitaker

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Whitaker was the mastermind behind the "leak that Rosenstein is resigning and he will just decide that he has to resign" plan from last month.

quote:

Rosenstein and O’Callaghan, the highest-ranked officials handling day-to-day oversight of Mueller’s investigation, urged Sessions to delay the effective date of his resignation.

Soon, Whitaker strode into Sessions’ office and asked to speak one-on-one to the attorney general; the others left the two men alone. It was a brief conversation. Shortly after, Sessions told his huddle that his resignation would be effective that day.

O’Callaghan had tried to appeal to Sessions, noting that he hadn’t heard back about whether the President would allow a delay. At least one Justice official in the room mentioned that there would be legal questions about whether Whitaker’s appointment as acting attorney general is constitutional. Someone also reminded Sessions that the last time Whitaker played a role in a purported resignation — a few weeks earlier in September, with Rosenstein — the plan collapsed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Probably that he has an active criminal investigation or previously had a wiretap against him. For maximum hilarity, Mueller is investigating Whitaker for Obstruction.

Lote fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 10, 2018

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Lote posted:

Probably that he has an active criminal investigation or previously had a wiretap against him.

That's not disqualifying in this administration

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1061107399426220037

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

eke out posted:

Wait, am I confused or is everyone else? Isn't this Trump pretending not to know the guy so that it doesn't look like he hired a crony? Not in fact Trump's usual distancing himself from someone going down?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Jeff Sessions is surprisingly absent from recommendations.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Oh good the federalist society. Let's all listen to what they think
:geno:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh I see, ok I'll do it for you, I'm on a laptop.
Thanks. Bugs the poo poo out of me, too.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Free Leon Trotsky 2012

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Since I was googling, here's some Florida-related info about dates for the recall process:

Source: https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/09/election-results-2018-florida-governor-senator-recount/1942370002/

------------

Saturday, Nov. 10, noon ET (all times Eastern): Canvassing boards' unofficial returns are due in Tallahassee. The Secretary of State then determines which races meet the less than 0.5 percent victory margin threshold requiring a machine recount.

Saturday, Nov. 10, 3 p.m.: State-wide machine recount begins.

Thursday, Nov. 15: Results of machine recounts due in Tallahassee.

Thursday, Nov. 15, 3 p.m.: Second unofficial returns are due in Tallahassee and the Secretary of State determines which races meet the less than a 0.25 percent victory margin threshold to order a hand recount of overvote and undervote ballots.

Friday, Nov. 16: Count begins for military and overseas ballots post-marked Nov. 6 or earlier.

Sunday, Nov. 18, noon: County canvassing boards hand count results due in Tallahassee.

Tuesday, November 20, 9 a.m.: The Elections Canvassing Commission, consisting of the governor and two cabinet members, meets to certify the Nov. 6 election official returns.

Friday, Nov. 30: Deadline for any candidate, voter or taxpayer to contest election results in circuit court.

------

So we'll know the final vote margins tomorrow, if Gillum caught up enough to reach Hand Recount, if Nelson defied the odds and actually passed Scott before the Hand Recount begins, or even if Scott surged and we're stuck with machine recount only. Either way, tomorrow is when the ball truly starts rolling on this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lightning Knight posted:

I genuinely have zero ethical problem writing off 100% of people who still support Trump right now as low grade sociopaths that we shouldn't worry about offending.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Sunday: Is there a Matt Whitaker doppelganger?

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1060202102214066178

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
when looking at the deadlines in Florida and it says the unofficial results are due tomorrow, does that mean that they can't keep on counting the ballots after that date / time? It's just machine and hand recounts from that point forward?

is the only hope for the democrats getting a judge to extend that deadline? what if there are still tens of thousands of ballots left to be counted at the time of the deadline?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Squalid posted:

Free Leon Trotsky 2012

No. He shits the thread up, he generates a disproportionate amount of reports, he sealions, and he's generally a shitter. I appreciated his gimmick and thought it was funny before the election but he's not funny anymore. He's free to post in other threads that are less high volume than this one, where we can watch him more easily.

sexpig by night posted:

I genuinely have zero ethical problem writing off 100% of people who still support Trump right now as low grade sociopaths that we shouldn't worry about offending.

I do not disagree with you.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Ague Proof posted:

Sunday: Is there a Matt Whitaker doppelganger?

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1060202102214066178

This is the same fucko that had 2 years of investigations ready for Hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

seems to me, she is probaly a decent person deep down and also knows how bad scott looks. if she loses, people will remember her for not being a nutjob.

she's still running as a republican so that can't be true

though i can't think of any other explanation right now