Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
If they're gonna do a Kroot HQ, I'd prefer it not be as part of a limited edition board game product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Zaphod42 posted:

How is one model an opportunity to create an army? Even if they made him HQ and gave you a faction, you'd have like 2 units total?

This doesn't stop them from doing more kroot later if they really wanted to, either.

Seems like you were expecting the impossible.

I like Kroot, the one who Commissar Cain met was nice. CA 2004 had it as a legal (...ish) army. And between kroot, krootox, the kroot gorillas, and shapers you have at least a couple of options.

:shrug:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Wasn’t there a Kroot army list from white dwarf like 10+ years ago?

I remember a kroot hq, kroot hounds, and a kroot gorilla thing that another kroot rode with a heavy weapon.

GW needs to lean into Tau being the alliance of many different xenos imo

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Wasn’t there a Kroot army list from white dwarf like 10+ years ago?

I remember a kroot hq, kroot hounds, and a kroot gorilla thing that another kroot rode with a heavy weapon.

GW needs to lean into Tau being the alliance of many different xenos imo

I remember when they first introduced Kroot I was considering getting some to field as mercs with my IG, they definitely had a few different unit types, and one of them was definitely like a technical but on the back of an animal.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
They also had knarloc riders and greater knarlocs at one point, from forge world I think? I miss Kroot :(

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Sab669 posted:

Supposedly GW stealth buffed Pox so they auto pass Nerve tests. Allegedly it's in an updated copy of the digital version of Core Rule book, and they didn't mention it in the Errata / Designer Commentary.

I haven't seen it for myself, but 2 non-Death Guard players at my local store told me this.

Apparently they already changed it back on the epub version. The stealth version also had flails back up to 2 damage.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Injuryprone posted:

Apparently they already changed it back on the epub version. The stealth version also had flails back up to 2 damage.

Sad :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Injuryprone posted:

Oh, yeah, I meant to link this before but Reddit says it was updated then updated again to remove it, so it looks like just an editing error :(

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Kroot are cooler than Tau. Trufacts.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Eifert Posting posted:

Kroot are cooler than Tau. Trufacts.

I mean, in related news: the sun rises, transits the sky, and sets?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Inspector_666 posted:

I remember when they first introduced Kroot I was considering getting some to field as mercs with my IG, they definitely had a few different unit types, and one of them was definitely like a technical but on the back of an animal.

The Krootox. Which was on sale at the GW webstore in resin form up until like half a month ago.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Stephenls posted:

The Krootox. Which was on sale at the GW webstore in resin form up until like half a month ago.

Apparently you can still get it?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

iirc the krootox was one of the worst model for mold slippage so that the two halves of it had zero hope of ever aligning

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Huh. I remember looking for it a bit ago and not seeing it, but then I remember also looking for the T'au mobile fortifications on the webstore for a while and not being able to see it, then finding it again. Maybe I'm just bad at search.

Looks like the krootox is still legal in the 8th edition Tau codex, too.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Corrode posted:

iirc the krootox was one of the worst model for mold slippage so that the two halves of it had zero hope of ever aligning

Have you seen the metal WFB chaos cannon? The barrel of that was a proper vice and hammers job.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Doing my first event, playing in what was ostensibly a 1k points-per-player casual doubles tournament. I played Deathwatch with my buddy who has Wolves.

Rd 1 was a Ynarri and Harlequin army full of bikes with the Incarn

Rd 2 was 4 knights and 2 armigers

Rd 3 was Eldar and Drukhari with dark reapers, 10 shining spears and that ludicrous psyker character

Final thoughts: gently caress Shining Spears, gently caress Dark Reapers and gently caress psyker spam

Otherwise it was ok, my Chappy Dread killed a knight!

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 10, 2018

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Have you seen the metal WFB chaos cannon? The barrel of that was a proper vice and hammers job.

Yeah the hellcannon was the other one which was famously poo poo. I think the Gnoblar Scraplauncher was the same, there were a few of those things that were sold in two halves and the halves had absolutely no chance of meeting.

The worst example in plastic was the old Land Speeder, which had a top and bottom which were completely different sizes. I threw that model across the room once.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I built three land speeders. Three. Not a single one aligned properly. I understand now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

All three of my land speeders were from the 3rd box set and all three got rubberbanded tighter than a castrated bulls balls during the build.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Same. Rubber bands were the last resort since the connections had such thin plastic there is no way for pinning. I magnetized the guns as well but through 5th to 6th they mainly deep struck, faile to kill anything with multi-meltas then died since they were open topped armor ten. Bolters killed them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I cut off the front vane and magnetized a heavy flamer in. This set up use to really do some work for me. Plus getting the flamer off the bottom helped with transportation.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Cross posting:

Endman posted:

I painted my first Guardian for an Ulthwe army:

Yellow hats, best hats.

I'm thinking I'll begin with a 500 point patrol detachment and expand from there, just so I can paint some variety to begin with.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some shots from today's Da Boyz casual doubles tourney. Fantastic scenery, tons of rotating satellites and LED-lit scenery, really cool stuff.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That poo poo is cool. Love the board with the train carrying the Leman Russes. 40k should have more trains.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

The Deleter posted:

That poo poo is cool. Love the board with the train carrying the Leman Russes. 40k should have more trains.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Deleter posted:

Yeah I'm gonna drop by the GT this weekend, I'll post more

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Played Blackstone today. Had a lot of fun playing, the random stuff type game is fun with a group. Gameplay is pretty basic, if a person is controlling Chaos and playing to win you can expect people to die every map. Heroes you can play as are all quite different and are biggest factor in why the game is actually fun. Quite a few random events that will kill a guy without much you can do. Minis are very nice.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

TheBigAristotle posted:

Some shots from today's Da Boyz casual doubles tourney. Fantastic scenery, tons of rotating satellites and LED-lit scenery, really cool stuff.

Wow, that really is great themed terrain!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Genghis Cohen posted:

Wow, that really is great themed terrain!

That table with the tendrils coming out of the ground was apparently $2,000

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
How long are the new ork buggies (in particular, how long are they as compared to a Tauros or Tauros Venator)?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Welp, some dude on FB was selling two Skitarii squads for $40 (plus the tokens and cards from the Kill Team box) and how the hell am I supposed to say no to that?

I guess I'm really back in it now.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
Here is a random deal I just found on ebay while I was looking for some hams:

A selection of scratch and dent Warhammer stuff from a random seller is all %30 off. Discount will be applied in your cart automatically.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

TheBigAristotle posted:

The terrain is amazing! Was the train a scratchbuild or a purchase?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Z the IVth posted:

The terrain is amazing! Was the train a scratchbuild or a purchase?

Not sure. Working on posting a big imgur gallery of the shots I took about an hour ago

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Sicaran venator or autocanon Levi dread?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So I went to my nearest GW and my LGS, with the idea of grabbing a Ciaphas Cain omnibus and one or two Space Marine Heroes, and I wound up also preordering Blackstone Fortress and bringing home a Deathwatch Kill Team (not the Kill Team one, the regular 40k one) and a set of the 32mm Sector Imperialis bases.

I think I have a problem.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Yvonmukluk posted:

So I went to my nearest GW and my LGS, with the idea of grabbing a Ciaphas Cain omnibus and one or two Space Marine Heroes, and I wound up also preordering Blackstone Fortress and bringing home a Deathwatch Kill Team (not the Kill Team one, the regular 40k one) and a set of the 32mm Sector Imperialis bases.

Yeah you didn't buy 40 extra paints 'just in case'

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Yvonmukluk posted:

You forgot the Cain omnibus?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ok, here it is, my album of Da Boyz GT 2018

Sorry about some fuzzy pics, I was rushing to take display photos before the final round started

https://imgur.com/a/9tmJ0l0

Some select favorites:

These robits :allears: :

Skaven Death Guard:

These Knights were dynamic as gently caress:

The guy was eager to turn this beast towards the camera:

loving Tau:

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Those Tau need to be the reason why pie plates be brought back.