Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

U-DO Burger posted:

even on the off chance Gillum has the votes, he won't be declared the winner because florida

lol yeah

n o t h i n g m a t t e r s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/AriBerman/status/1060982842996506625

U-DO Burger posted:

even on the off chance Gillum has the votes, he won't be declared the winner because florida

https://twitter.com/CoreyGJohnson/status/1061082078354329600

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lol i wonder if venom snake's vote will be counted (it wont)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

UrbicaMortis posted:

How have the midterms not ended yet?

like are you trolling or are you actually that ignorant. holy poo poo ya goonlord

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

How is America still a country?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

spankmeister posted:

How is America still a country?

because we kick rear end op

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

because we kick rear end op

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
minor in the grand scheme, but the ballots being counted in arizona will decide some of the downballot state races as well as the senate. Ducey's 15+ ahead and un-catchable for Gov without genuine massive voter fraud, and the gop AG almost certainly has a big enough margin to be safe too, but State Sec is now almost within 0.5 and the dem Sup of Education candidate went from like +0.3 on election night to +1.8 as of now. still almost 375k votes to come in.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Lmao that Florida created institutional voter fraud to elect George W Bush and has never recovered

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

Lmao that Florida created institutional voter fraud to elect George W Bush and has never recovered

it's still working as intended :shrug:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ScrubLeague posted:

florida was bad well before that

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

all thse election shenanigans make me feel better about the absolute disaster that was the last mexican election

the election for mayor in my city was such a mess that we are getting a do over. this was after two electoral courts dictated that the guy who got the least votes won, somehow

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lmao that Wednesday morning Republicans were like, “:smug:see liberals we lose calmly like adults :smug:” and then once more votes started being counted and they started losing even harder they started screaming about election fraud

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

lmao that Wednesday morning Republicans were like, “:smug:see liberals we lose calmly like adults :smug:” and then once more votes started being counted and they started losing even harder they started screaming about election fraud

well they were, after all, aided and abetted by our media class

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
i'm the florida voter not getting their vote counted and only calling for reform.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If Trump becomes President for Life, then every election will be a midterm.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

ScrubLeague posted:

Thanks Jeb!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ScrubLeague posted:

Do you mean the signature match? That's what illinois uses and it's a joke

There's no reason at all every suburban person can't walk by the early voting station for the Chicago mayoral election and use a friend's name and address to vote for the most conservative guy on the ballot (daley) and then just say lol when signature issues pop up down the road

Signatures make me so loving mad there's no reason to use them! If you aren't checking id just don't check! Jesus Christ!!!! They just get used to invalidate totally on a whim!!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

mastershakeman posted:

They just get used to invalidate totally on a whim!!

ding ding ding.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i asked adrian fontes (the recorder) how many votes we can count per day in maricopa county and he said they can count like 75k per day so we should know the official outcome by sunday

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Can't wait to see how signature match progresses once the DMV switches over to collecting signatures with a stylus and a touchpad.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

my ballot was counted despite my signature looking nothing like what's on my ID :shrug:

i sign just my initials nowadays but my ID has my full name signature on it

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

my ballot was counted despite my signature looking nothing like what's on my ID :shrug:

i sign just my initials nowadays but my ID has my full name signature on it
Does your signature look white? I dunno what that would mean concretely but I bet election officials can tell.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

it is kinda fancy so probably

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/aterkel/status/1060978384703049728?s=20

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I'm a Florida voter, RIP me

how do I check if my ballot was rejected for signature match? This already happened in 2010

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Hahaha imagine a party spending money on hopeless races instead of a bunch of winnable races in its own backyard and losing control of the government

Why that'd be just idiotic

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I hate Rick Scott sooo loving much

https://twitter.com/alevine014/status/1061247234023587842

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

how do I check if my ballot was rejected for signature match? This already happened in 2010
Lol as poo poo as AZ is, it actually sent me a text message for every part of the mail-in ballot process, like "hey we got your ballot", "we're checking your signature" and "your ballot was verified and counted"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

https://www.votepinellas.com/Mail-Ballots/Check-My-Mail-Ballot-Status

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

lmbo

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Florida is filled with chudges I’m sure after so much GOP governor rule

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
My signature is just a squiggly line

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I know this will be used for nefarious purposes, but at this point the public should know this information.

The lead says they were ordered to turn over "ballots", but when you get to the details of the story it seems to only be information:

quote:

The rulings concluded two emergency hearings Scott had requested as part of his bid for U.S. Senate. He had joined two similar complaints filed Thursday by the National Republican Senatorial Committee that argued Snipes and Bucher were unwilling to disclose records revealing how many people voted, how many ballots have been canvassed and how many of them remain.

I think part of the reason the Arizona race hasn't been as big a flash point is that Maricopa County has said from very early on "We've got X00,000 ballots left to count" and given consistent updates on that number.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

PostNouveau posted:

I know this will be used for nefarious purposes, but at this point the public should know this information.

The lead says they were ordered to turn over "ballots", but when you get to the details of the story it seems to only be information:

Jeb! appointed her!! Rick Scott is eating his hypocrisy in a tantrum after doing nothing for years (he was totally fine with her) :nallears:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Didn't the DNC do something equally stupid in 2016? lol

Thank god it was republicans who hosed up this time

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I mean, I could see that ruling being a very bad one if it's like "You have to let the Scott campaign take the ballots away to do their own count and no one is allowed to see them do it", but I imagine it's going to be more like their accountant gets to come in and do some tallies that the counties should have done 3 days ago.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

PostNouveau posted:

I mean, I could see that ruling being a very bad one if it's like "You have to let the Scott campaign take the ballots away to do their own count and no one is allowed to see them do it", but I imagine it's going to be more like their accountant gets to come in and do some tallies that the counties should have done 3 days ago.

its still the count

itd make sense if it was during a recount, but he's getting all huffy and not mad online and doing this for political expediency

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lastgirl posted:

its still the count

itd make sense if it was during a recount, but he's getting all huffy and not mad online and doing this for political expediency

It's still the count in Arizona and California too, but officials there haven't had any problems saying "We've got X left". Even in California where the mail-in ballots can keep coming in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

his campaign staff are totally gonna lie about the number of outstanding ballots