Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ague Proof posted:

What was the Facebook genocide?

rohingya

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-myanmar-rohingya-facebook/u-n-investigators-cite-facebook-role-in-myanmar-crisis-idUSKCN1GO2PN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I think "Why don't you want all the votes to be counted?" as a response to every single one of their idiot tirades about voter fraud is better, but that's just me.

no you're right, this one is better

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I think "Why don't you want all the votes to be counted?" as a response to every single one of their idiot tirades about voter fraud is better, but that's just me.

That doesn't work when Team Red is pretending the votes appearing now are falsified.

Honestly, Team Blue should stop trying to counter Red because we are to the point that the latter is pretending a passive block was a vicious assault by a reporter and it's honestly too much time and effort to try to reach those people

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Not that I'm defending social media, I don't even have a twitter. But the propagators of such bullshit have more of a sway.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thinkprogress/status/1061102461228929024?s=19

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Groovelord Neato posted:

i think like trump that hannity is as dumb as his audience (i think he went straight from construction to talk radio).

Yeah I second this notion. He has always been high on his own supply.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I'm really tempted some days to make a public PAC called the illuminati just so i can see the complete mental breakdown of chuds at the end of video spots saying "The Illuminati paid for this message"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Princip was the luckiest bastard in history, after his org hosed up and he just happened to come across the Archduke a bit later and kill him.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

“Seceding because we don’t like black people is a good idea that always works!”

-wealthy southern white people

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

what a bunch of racist shitheads

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

What was the Facebook genocide?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46105934

Even facebook admits they helped the genocide in Myanmar

quote:

The independent report, commissioned by Facebook, said the platform had created an "enabling environment" for the proliferation of human rights abuse.

It comes after widespread violence against the Rohingya minority which the UN has said may amount to genocide.

The report said Facebook would have to "get it right" before 2020 elections.

Facebook has more than 18 million users in Myanmar. For many, the social media site is their main or only way of getting and sharing news.

The network said it had made progress in tackling its problems in Myanmar but that there was "more to do".

Last year, the Myanmar military launched a violent crackdown in Rakhine state after Rohingya militants carried out deadly attacks on police posts.

Thousands of people died and more than 700,000 Rohingya fled to neighbouring Bangladesh. There are also widespread allegations of human rights abuses, including arbitrary killing, rape and burning of land.

Weird how they released this report on election day.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

'We're seceding because we want a Cheesecake Factory."

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I am sure they would be very smug for the 15 seconds before they were annexed lol

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

lol they were going to call the new town Eagle's Landing.

Did they get the idea from Parks & Rec?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Haha "eagle's landing" is what they wanted to call their lovely racist enclave.

EFB!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

“It came up to, you know, form a city because that’s the only way you’re going to do it,” Consiglio told City Lab, referring to the goal of attracting restaurants such as The Cheesecake Factory to the area. “And if this could happen, we’d have more control of our area, and we’d get to see what comes in here. We’d get to control zoning. We’d get to control code enforcement. Then we can hopefully hold the carrot out and say we want a Cheesecake Factory.”

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

That doesn't work when Team Red is pretending the votes appearing now are falsified.

Honestly, Team Blue should stop trying to counter Red because we are to the point that the latter is pretending a passive block was a vicious assault by a reporter and it's honestly too much time and effort to try to reach those people

"See, that just sounds to me like you're afraid to count all the votes. Why don't you want all the votes to be counted?"

Calmly respond to this after every "THE DEMONCRAPS ARE STEALING THE ELECTIONS WITH VOTES FROM ILLEGAL ALIENS FROM PLANET ZORG" on the Sunday morning talk shows.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

is this satire? 2016 broke me and i can't tell anymore

edit: cheesecake factory jesus christ

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

White people and Republicans tried to do this with the school system in my hometown. I don’t know if it succeeded, I’ll have to look into that.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Lost in translation. What Macron said was that he was a little teste. In that he's fat, round, the next in line's an arsehole, and he's largely motivated by a dickhead.

Also he has odd skin and a bald patch.

Just awesome. Stay safe Caligoons. (Please don't let anyone shoot any more Aussie fire-fighters, we'll need them home soon.)

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

"See, that just sounds to me like you're afraid to count all the votes. Why don't you want all the votes to be counted?"

Calmly respond to this after every "THE DEMONCRAPS ARE STEALING THE ELECTIONS WITH VOTES FROM ILLEGAL ALIENS FROM PLANET ZORG" on the Sunday morning talk shows.

But why? Who is the audience for this? Do you think there's a wide group of moderates out there who are going to accept that votes are being fabricated in a Soros-owned factory

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Your Taint posted:

Archduke Ferdinand's assassination was the most significant event of the 20th century and we're still feeling ripple effects.

The discovery of nitrogen fixing processes is the most significant event of the 20th century.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

The discovery of nitrogen fixing processes is the most significant event of the 20th century.

No! The founding of Something Awful is the most significant event of the 20th century!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

But why? Who is the audience for this? Do you think there's a wide group of moderates out there who are going to accept that votes are being fabricated in a Soros-owned factory

No. It'll just infuriate and unhinge the morons even more, though. And it's a coherent, singular message.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

gently caress yeah, that was a passenger jetliner stuffed with the good stuff! Nice!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
TheOnion made fun of this exact stuff six years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8c_m6U1f9o

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

There's not a good response to it, so they either have to shut up or make increasingly unhinged claims, and real-world moderates get turned off when you start rambling about conspiracy theories and claiming that the Soros-funded caravan is bringing votes across the border.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

fight me bro

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

quote:

In an article published prior to Tuesday’s vote, Brentin Mock of the City Lab, an online news site that focuses on urban issues, interviewed Vikki Consiglio, chair of the Committee for the City of Eagle’s Landing, who offered an illuminatingly frank explanation for her community’s secessionist movement. According to her, the wealthy white residents wanted upscale restaurants, but feared that such businesses wouldn’t come to the area because of the less affluent — and predominately black — communities that make up the northern half of the city.

“It came up to, you know, form a city because that’s the only way you’re going to do it,” Consiglio told City Lab, referring to the goal of attracting restaurants such as The Cheesecake Factory to the area. “And if this could happen, we’d have more control of our area, and we’d get to see what comes in here. We’d get to control zoning. We’d get to control code enforcement. Then we can hopefully hold the carrot out and say we want a Cheesecake Factory.”

brings to mind the chapo episode on the abhorrent florida retirement community "the villages" where matt talks about how the residents would see corpses stacked like cordwood as long as they could live in an open air mall fulls of tgi fridays.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

KickerOfMice posted:

gently caress yeah, that was a passenger jetliner stuffed with the good stuff! Nice!

Of course, the irony is that passenger jetliners generate massive amounts of greenhouse gases when they fly.

So we're cooking the planet more in order to put out fires, awesome!

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

KickerOfMice posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjCHXNHE6QE

We basically need a fleet of these things for the western US.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm sorry but Taco Bell opening was the most important event of the 20th century.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

hell yeah, beans!

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Cheesecake Factory? Really? That's one of worst of the low-end restaurant chains.

Red Lobster is better.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

haha they wanted to receive a share of the property tax revenue from the shopping centers of the town they were trying to secede from because their white only town wasn't economically viable as it would have just been a bunch of houses and mansions.

I'm assuming that their new community of eagles landing likely wouldn't have had water or sewage treatment plants either. If they had gotten away with that bullshit the old town should have cemented up the sewer lines and let them rot in a rising tide of filth.

I hope that Stockbrige can raise taxes on those rich fucks and leach as much money out of those mansions as they can while they are stuck there. gently caress those people.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

Laughing my butt off if you think WW1 ever ended.

Not a histroy buff/expert, but to bring things slightly closer to the present, the cold war is still having fallout since Putin is a Cold War warrior, and Donnie and his boomer shits are all lead brain shits that have irrational fears and obsessions with The End coming.

Hell Donnie's brain is still stuck in the 80s with his weirdo japanese yellow peril poo poo.

e: also I dont get why YTs love chain restaurant like Cheesecake Factory.

good (real) restaurant advice is to keep your menu lean because you can only make so many things at a good/high quality. Never mind that chain resturants with massive dozen page menus just have a freezer with everything that they just heat up and then finish cooking(?). Good job buying microwave food.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 11, 2018

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BWJones/status/1061379126911676416?s=19

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I don't disagree that the Democratic Party failed, because they absolutely did (With the exception of Lyndon Johnson, and even he could have done far more if not for Vietnam). My contention is the argument that it didn't pass because "They" didn't want it enough, when the truth is that many Democrats did want it, and made their entire careers a fight to achieve it, but failed due to external opposition and the internal makeup of the party (loving Dixiecrats! :argh:)

basically I demand nuance in my internet slapfights

Mostly, I'm just annoyed at the party's lack of progress on economic issues. Like, the Dems have moved substantially to the left on social issues, but when it comes to economics and healthcare, things that FDR advocated for in the 1940s are still off the table for Dems. Like, you can dress it up in "well, there were just too many Southern Dems" or whatever all you want, but when Truman's first universal healthcare law was written, segregation was still the norm in the South and interracial marriage was banned in over half the states. Hell, even desegregation of the military - which was enough to drive Southern Democrats to break off and mount a third-party challenge on a segregationist "Dixiecrat" ticket - didn't happen until three years after the first UHC bill died in the House.

There's been enormous moves on racial and gender equality over the years, including things the leading progressives of FDR's time couldn't even imagine. Meanwhile, universal healthcare has failed over and over again since my grandparents were kids. How many more decades is the right to healthcare going to sit on the sidelines?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

PhazonLink posted:

Not a histroy buff/expert, but to bring things slightly closer to the present, the cold war is still having fallout since Putin is a Cold War warrior, and Donnie and his boomer shits are all lead brain shits that have irrational fears and obsessions with The End coming.

Hell Donnie's brain is still stuck in the 80s with his weirdo japanese yellow peril poo poo.

e: also I dont get why YTs love chain restaurant like Cheesecake Factory.

good (real) restaurant advice is to keep your menu lean because you can only make so many things at a good/high quality. Never mind that chain resturants with massive dozen page menus just have a freezer with everything that they just heat up and then finish cooking(?). Good job buying microwave food.

Its because of the huge menu. They have a bland version of ton of different types of food, so it turns into an easy compromise place for a large group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Do not start a food derail tia