Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

here is what is bougie: owning and controlling the means of production

if you are overly invested in any other notions of what it means to be bourgeois then your priorities are hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

I thought you guys all moved to Canada during the bush years anyway

They realized that moving internationally is a huge amount of work and/or discovered that Canada has immigration laws and you can't just show up and settle down.

"No, sir, not liking the US president doesn't qualify you for refugee status"

The_Franz has issued a correction as of 16:38 on Nov 10, 2018

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Mr. Lobe posted:

if you are overly invested in any other notions of what it means to be bourgeois then your priorities are hosed up

Does this include if you own a clapped out Bridgeport and I won't let my whore of a brother use it?

asking for a friend

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I thought it was a shade of red.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Shut the gently caress up.

Post pictures.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

While the whole, "gently caress this I'm moving to Canada" movement is hilarious- telling people to wait until they get marginalized or brutalized before they're allowed to immigrate is myopic as gently caress.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

gently caress YOU YOU STUPID rear end AMERICANS! YOU ALL SUCK AND NOW YOU HAVE TO WALLOW IN IT RATHER THAN TRYING TO IMPROVE YOUR SITUATION! THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE OPTION IS SELF IMMOLATION ON THE COURTHOUSE STEPS, ANYTHING SHORT OF THAT IS INEFFECTIVE AND BOUGIE!!

- a whole lotta people right now in a whole lotta threads

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

rump buttman posted:

Does this include if you own a clapped out Bridgeport and I won't let my whore of a brother use it?

asking for a friend

Only if you owned a clapped out bridgeport and let your whore of a brother use it while you pocketed the value of his labor.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

White liberals loving off to scandinavia or something while minorities are left to deal with turbo fascist america is loving lol

It's lol that anybody thinks they're getting in permanently without a cushy job already waiting for them, a native spouse and tens of thousands of dollars in collateral. Also expect something like a 70% greater risk of being falsely charged with a crime if you aren't white.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

boar guy posted:

gently caress YOU YOU STUPID rear end AMERICANS! YOU ALL SUCK AND NOW YOU HAVE TO WALLOW IN IT RATHER THAN TRYING TO IMPROVE YOUR SITUATION! THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE OPTION IS SELF IMMOLATION ON THE COURTHOUSE STEPS, ANYTHING SHORT OF THAT IS INEFFECTIVE AND BOUGIE!!

- a whole lotta people right now in a whole lotta threads

Lol pretty much

Anyway as I said I already have EU citizenship so the cost and trouble for me to move there from here is about the same as it would be for me to move to another state within the USA. I have months to find a job wherever I go and it can basically be any convenience store gas station job even. I can even vote. :shrug:

Not quite there yet I guess but seems like the USA is on a downward spiral.

I'll *have* to move at some point given how rents are being jacked up every year. Very bourgie of me to not be able to afford to live in my community anymore, I know. Trust me I'd rather stay where I am but apparently my landlord needs more productive serfs.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 18:46 on Nov 10, 2018

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
im a trans woman with roughly 28 dollars to my name but im also white and was born in canada how many internet bougie points does that win me

am i in the guillotine line now

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Depends how many Hermes bags you own.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

terrified of my bathroom posted:

im a trans woman with roughly 28 dollars to my name but im also white and was born in canada how many internet bougie points does that win me

The progressive stack is stupid. No war but the class war. You're broke af so you're probably fine as long as you keep your head down.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

EvilJoven posted:

No war but the class war.

EvilJoven posted:

EvilJoven posted:

Y'all motherfuckers need to remember this.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

EvilJoven posted:

The progressive stack is stupid.

I think there's a pretty big difference between trying to prioritize the voices of the traditionally marginalized and playing at oppression accountancy, and I would hope you can see there is some merit to the former

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

terrified of my bathroom posted:

well actually you need to know that, for the sort of person who decides who deserves to live and die like that, the only thing that matters is sacrifices made by other people and not outcomes

it's even better if the sacrifices that other people have to make are painful immoral and unethical because the hard man making the hard decisions while hard had the moral courage to make them happen for the greater good like the hard man making the hard decisions while hard that they are, even if the outcomes were terrible, not good, worse than useless, predictably so, the willingness to sacrifice (others) shows Virtue

so you have all the bourgie points, then you die and you'll be a liberal's horst wessel (E: i believe it's spelled martyr or emotional cumrag these days)

SIGSEGV has issued a correction as of 22:21 on Nov 10, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

cakesmith handyman posted:

Depends how many Hermes bags you own.

i found one in a trash can

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

felt bad about not posting an image in the capitalism.png thread again, so here is about as capitalism.png as it gets. this is milk being dumped by the thousands of gallons, the literal tons. this is what happens when milk is "overproduced", meaning, more of it is produced than can be sold at an acceptable rate of profit. this is also regularly done with grain and other staples when the market has reached a "glut".

it is also worth considering that about 3 million children die every year due to starvation and malnutrition, according to UNICEF estimates.

we produce more than enough food to nourish every one of them. at no point in the past few decades has starvation been a matter of material shortage. this is one of the things that angers me the most about capitalism. it is murder on an unimagineable scale, just as sure as a knife to the throat or a bullet to the brain.

Mr. Lobe has issued a correction as of 22:12 on Nov 10, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If only there was a way to refine the milk fat into an oil that could be used as a fuel.

All that excess milk could probably knock a couple bucks off the price of a cruise ship ticket.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
I'm saddened that no productive use (besides the obvious FEED THE POOR) has been found for such overproduced product. Like the above poster asked, can't we do something with that excess? What the gently caress?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

anonumos posted:

I'm saddened that no productive use (besides the obvious FEED THE POOR) has been found for such overproduced product. Like the above poster asked, can't we do something with that excess? What the gently caress?

I was being facetions, but it could be turned into cheese which could keep for quite a while, and feed people and stuff.

In reality, most of the world is lactose intolerant, and cows are horrible in terms of energy input. The best thing we could do is eat the cows and stop making so much milk

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

why
why would you need a use besides the obvious

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Mr. Lobe posted:

what if we're invested in it to make sure we get them all when the time comes

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Shima Honnou posted:

what if we're invested in it to make sure we get them all when the time comes

anyone who dreams of snatching away Nice Things from rich assholes is a comrade of mine

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

and redistributing them, I mean. a politics of spite, while fun to think about, probably doesn't really serve the interests of the working class.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

and redistributing them, I mean. a politics of spite, while fun to think about, probably doesn't really serve the interests of the working class.

they serve the working class insanely well when it's spite against the rich

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

though that brings up the question of if it counts as "spite politics" when it's 100% deserved

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Mr. Lobe posted:

anyone who dreams of snatching away Nice Things from rich assholes is a comrade of mine

:same:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Yinlock posted:

though that brings up the question of if it counts as "spite politics" when it's 100% deserved

Depends if you're the spiter or the spitee

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yinlock posted:

lmao I am way too high, I meant spite as in, don't just snatch away the lollipops from the little lord fauntleroys of the world and throw em away. we should actually enjoy them!

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Lobe posted:

felt bad about not posting an image in the capitalism.png thread again, so here is about as capitalism.png as it gets. this is milk being dumped by the thousands of gallons, the literal tons. this is what happens when milk is "overproduced", meaning, more of it is produced than can be sold at an acceptable rate of profit. this is also regularly done with grain and other staples when the market has reached a "glut".

it is also worth considering that about 3 million children die every year due to starvation and malnutrition, according to UNICEF estimates.

we produce more than enough food to nourish every one of them. at no point in the past few decades has starvation been a matter of material shortage. this is one of the things that angers me the most about capitalism. it is murder on an unimagineable scale, just as sure as a knife to the throat or a bullet to the brain.

try thinking a few steps ahead of "give food to undernourished children".

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

steinrokkan posted:

The threats of "I'm going to Canada" that liberals make after every election are the ultimate privileged FYGM bullshit. Congrats on your new life, and on leaving all the less privileged people behind.

Suck my dick then, pal. You can play crabs in a bucket all you want. I have no obligation to stay here in America, I have no power to fight the fascists and the rich or un-gently caress this country. Soon I’ll be able to start saving money and after a few years I'll have a chance to go somewhere that has healthcare and poo poo, I’m loving taking it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

qkkl posted:

try thinking a few steps ahead of "give food to undernourished children".

ok, continue to use the productive capacity that generates enough food for them to eat to continue feeding them, preferably with means of production within their control, and also redistribute other technology that would ease their living conditions (such as access to healthcare, including but most certainly not limited to birth control) and watch as your implied bullshit malthusian endgame doesn't actually happen

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

The_Franz posted:

They realized that moving internationally is a huge amount of work and/or discovered that Canada has immigration laws and you can't just show up and settle down.

"No, sir, not liking the US president doesn't qualify you for refugee status"

Yeah, I’m going to be working on this in the coming years. I have an actual plan and timeline for my eventual exodus from the US. This isn’t some choice I am making lightly, I will have to leave my family and friends behind. But I want this, it’s been a goal of mine for years now.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

The threats of "I'm going to Canada" that liberals make after every election are the ultimate privileged FYGM bullshit. Congrats on your new life, and on leaving all the less privileged people behind.
it's actually just catharsis and nobody actually intends to leave

the real privileged FYGM attitude is political apathy, not giving a poo poo while being comfortable is privilege

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I'm only staying in America because I hate myself.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

moving away from america now is like going to see the story of the roman empire and walking out just as Commodus says he's going to murder a giraffe to make a very good point about politics

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I wouldn't miss it for the world :allears:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

The Skeleton King posted:

Suck my dick then, pal. You can play crabs in a bucket all you want. I have no obligation to stay here in America, I have no power to fight the fascists and the rich or un-gently caress this country. Soon I’ll be able to start saving money and after a few years I'll have a chance to go somewhere that has healthcare and poo poo, I’m loving taking it.

Lol if you are a working stiff there will be no jobs for you in norway or canada.

Doesn't matter how much you save.

As in all things does not apply to computer touchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

Former DILF posted:

and walking out just as Commodus says he's going to murder a giraffe to make a very good point about politics

twitter:
The giraffe came Sudan, people! A country in the ban list! You can't tell me griraffe had no terror connections!