Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Ok I’m traveling but I’ll do it when I get home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DisgracelandUSA posted:

If you ever ask yourself if a callout thread in sgbs is the right answer, look into your heart of hearts and you will see the answer is "yes"

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

DisgracelandUSA posted:

If you ever ask yourself if a callout thread in sgbs is the right answer, look into your heart of hearts and you will see the answer is "yes"

:emptyquote:

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
https://i.imgur.com/QcdbpH4.gifv

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

how did you get access to my webcam

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Alright, the crap is all back in Jita. Returning application resent. God help me.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

hey deadtear will I got r/o if I make a callout thread in SGBS cataloging all the people in the secret santa thread with like 3 posts and all of them are in year's past secret santa threads? please assume that I will make the thread funny and not laborious to read when answering.

Kind Regards,

Johnathon Jaces, V

of course not, i love good callouts

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Rutibex posted:

Do it. Secret Santa is for closers

Always Be Posting

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Ok I’m traveling but I’ll do it when I get home

Please link your thread here, TIA.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
no just mirror it so those of us who havent bothered to reapp can read it tia - not a spy

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kitfox88 posted:

no just mirror it so those of us who havent bothered to reapp can read it tia - not a spy

And for those of us who never applied

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

jesus christ there are so many of these shitfucks and now I'm just getting mad

i've owned myself

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
:prepop:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

jesus christ there are so many of these shitfucks and now I'm just getting mad

i've owned myself

Could told you that but you were gonna charge in there and make things right with secret santa. Who were we to attempt to dissuade you?

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

So, assuming that my application is accepted, what is the best way to get out to Delve and what sort of subcap is good for ratting? Outside of capitals I can fly anything. Cloaky nullified T3 to get there and then an Ishtar for ratting? Or have things changed in ways that I do not understand while I was away?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
VNI for ratting now instead of an Ishtar. I just use a taxiceptor for travel but a nullified T3c is fine. Although honestly you're only in null for one jump before you're using the bridges.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Antillie posted:

So, assuming that my application is accepted, what is the best way to get out to Delve and what sort of subcap is good for ratting? Outside of capitals I can fly anything. Cloaky nullified T3 to get there and then an Ishtar for ratting? Or have things changed in ways that I do not understand while I was away?

Don't cheap out and use a VNI. You get higher ticks out of a Rattlesnake :getin:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Three smartbombing Machariels

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Is hunting for officer spawns still a pain?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Is hunting for officer spawns still a pain?

It's even more difficult now -- you can't speed tank them like you used to. You need 1-2 carriers I think?

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

Paramemetic posted:

VNI for ratting now instead of an Ishtar. I just use a taxiceptor for travel but a nullified T3c is fine. Although honestly you're only in null for one jump before you're using the bridges.

Jump bridges would make things easier, but I wasn't going to ask about those until (and if) my application is accepted. Also I have no idea how jump fatigue works, it had only just been added to game back when I had to quit.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's even more difficult now -- you can't speed tank them like you used to. You need 1-2 carriers I think?

I always wished that officer spawns would be an ultra-rare escalation from an anomaly.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Antillie posted:

You can use your once-a-year clonejump to clonejump to delve. Otherwise an interceptor (the ones that still are nullified) is the way to go, fit for insta-align.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I didn't understand which data sites blow up if you poke them the wrong way.

And now i do.

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

evilweasel posted:

You can use your once-a-year clonejump to clonejump to delve. Otherwise an interceptor (the ones that still are nullified) is the way to go, fit for insta-align.

Once-a-year clonejump? What is this newness you speak of?

Edit: Ok I think I found something about this on the old EVE forums. You can set your medical clone to any station where your corp has an office once per year. I assume this is what you are talking about.

Antillie fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 11, 2018

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Antillie posted:

Once-a-year clonejump? What is this newness you speak of?

Once a year, you can set your clone to any corporation office even if you're not in it (you used to be able to do this any number of times, it got nerfed). Then you can click a button to die and appear there instantly.

Click on the right-most icon circled in red, which will open the Clone Bay window, click on the circled icon and set as your Home Station 1dq1 - 1-stThetastar (I circled the wrong one and :effort:) and then you can click the "self-destruct" botton on the Clone Bay window and appear in 1dq1.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

Once a year, you can set your clone to any corporation office even if you're not in it (you used to be able to do this any number of times, it got nerfed). Then you can click a button to die and appear there instantly.

Click on the right-most icon circled in red, which will open the Clone Bay window, click on the circled icon and set as your Home Station 1dq1 - 1-stThetastar (I circled the wrong one and :effort:) and then you can click the "self-destruct" botton on the Clone Bay window and appear in 1dq1.

Good luck ever changing the location of your clone. It takes me like 20 attempts for that menu to even load.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Right click the station name from the top left of your screen while docked and set home station.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I had success waiting 2 minutes between each menu.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Rutibex posted:

Good luck ever changing the location of your clone. It takes me like 20 attempts for that menu to even load.

This was literally the most painful part of returning to the game and moving to Delve.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Glad I'm not the only one who ran into that. I ended up using the search to find the station and set it from there.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
I just give whoever needs to set their med clone in 1dq an item. They click Personal Assets, right click 1dq, set home station.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Micromancer posted:

I just give whoever needs to set their med clone in 1dq an item. They click Personal Assets, right click 1dq, set home station.

that's actually pretty clever, nice thinking

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Thank you for your service deadtear, since I'm sure you like getting accosted by strangers thanking you as much as I do.

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
I'm looking for a game where I can be a day trader without any of the real life benefits but all the stress and cocaine it entails. Is this the game?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Highblood posted:

I'm looking for a game where I can be a day trader without any of the real life benefits but all the stress and cocaine it entails. Is this the game?

yeah basically, it's pretty much all i've done since reregging a month ago

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Highblood posted:

Yup, this is the game for you! Best trading game out there, and there are a wide variety of space drugs that you can blow all of your isk on.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Highblood posted:

Yes

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

orange juche posted:

Thank you for your service deadtear,

you bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Really not impressed with the way this thread celebrated armistice day this year :colbert: