Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Despite the in-game camera being very limited compared to most photo modes, and my TV being a cheap old 1080p, RDR2 still looks stunning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

RDR2 is loving amazing, one of the best games ever made. The attention to detail and different gameplay permutations with custom dialogue for a lot of seemingly random player actions is quite insane. It also looks stunning.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

I was replaying the legacy maps in Hitman™ 2 when I came across this:

This guy takes his job seriously.

(Here' the whole thing in action: https://youtu.be/5en0RmikjsU)

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Palpek posted:

RDR2 is loving amazing, one of the best games ever made.

That's certainly a take. Can't argue with graphics at least.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

That's certainly a take. Can't argue with graphics at least.

Despite some flaws, particularly the bounty system, I really think the game is staggering in its detail and atmosphere. Probably my favorite game since The Witcher 3.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ElectricWizard posted:

Probably my favorite game since The Witcher 3.
Yeah, same here. I haven't been this invested in a game since TW3, it's insane how much it offers. HZD and GoW were sweet but RDR2 is on another level.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

Star Wars Galaxies

It was a period of Goon renaissance in the Core Worlds of the Goon Empire. Goon Town had won their first major victory against the Rebels pubbie forces, securing a grand Tie Fighter monument that would act as a beacon to their great city. Producing 2 of the first sith warriors in the universe, the Goon legacy was all but secured. But they could not foresee the terrors that lay hidden beyond the horizon. Sony and the Rebel forces began construction on their planet destroying weapon of mass destruction, known simply as Project: Combat Upgrade.

Here's a commemorative photo, entitled "Goon Pile". Taken on Goon Town, Naboo.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kalaxus fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 11, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wow, who else is totally loving sick of Assassin's Creed Odyssey pictures already? Not me apparently!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

Wow, who else is totally loving sick of Assassin's Creed Odyssey pictures already? Not me apparently!

Can't wait till I get a 4k TV around Black Friday, this should be relatively easy to find used

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

TheBigAristotle posted:

Can't wait till I get a 4k TV around Black Friday, this should be relatively easy to find used

You can afford a new 4k TV but not a new copy of Assassin's Creed?

:boom:

J/K I'm mostly surprised anyone is still buying not-digital-download games in 2018.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Nov 12, 2018

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Ha well after I get a new TV I'm gonna have sticker shock for a bit, even if I get a good deal

Also I've heard some bad things about the AC Odyssey experience so I ain't giving Activision shite. My Greek heritage runs way back, and it would be cool to RP as one of my ancestors

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Palpek posted:

RDR2 is loving amazing, one of the best games ever made. The attention to detail and different gameplay permutations with custom dialogue for a lot of seemingly random player actions is quite insane. It also looks stunning.

It's clunky. Amazing everything else but the gameplay is really poor even by Rockstar standards. GTAV and RDR1 were both far more responsive. They overdid it on the heavy-feeling animations for everything and made significant sacrifices on the cover system and camera control. There is a literal 500ms delay between moving the joystick and seeing the camera turn. It's not good enough.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's clunky. Amazing everything else but the gameplay is really poor even by Rockstar standards. GTAV and RDR1 were both far more responsive. They overdid it on the heavy-feeling animations for everything and made significant sacrifices on the cover system and camera control. There is a literal 500ms delay between moving the joystick and seeing the camera turn. It's not good enough.

It also takes forever to get anywhere, so much so that I rarely go around exploring.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Palpek posted:

I’m thinking it’s my favorite game of all time. Feels like something I would come up with in my head knowing that it wouldn’t actually be real. There’s nothing I dislike about it. Except for Micah. gently caress Micah.

I need to track down a usb stick here and get some screens off the PS4. I’ve captured some absolutely gorgeous moments.

I do wish it had a traditional photo mode but the in game implementation is really perfect so I can’t complain much. But yeah post more screens everyone! All the RDR2 ones lately are beautiful!

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 13, 2018

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m thinking it’s my favorite game of all time. Feels like something I would come up with in my head knowing that it wouldn’t actually be real. There’s nothing I dislike about it. Except for Micah. gently caress Micah.

I need to track down a usb stick here and get some screens off the PS4. I’ve captured some absolutely gorgeous moments.

I do wish it had a traditional photo mode but the in game implementation is really perfect so I can’t complain much. But yeah post more screens everyone! All the RDR2 ones lately are beautiful!

I just either upload the photos to Social Club, or to my psn account. Very annoyingly, the in game camera has a limit of 99 photos, and deleting photos is super slow...

Anyways, have some more!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Been seriously sucked back into Warframe.

https://i.imgur.com/TWHipEz.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/eNthnPR.mp4

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Synthbuttrange posted:

Been seriously sucked back into Warframe.

what the gently caress is any of this

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

In addition to being a horrifying space ninja menace you can also do tons of chill activities like fishing, hoverboarding, or in the case of those screenshots, capturing endangered wildlife which gives you capture tags. These tags have only one use: Trade them in for stuffed animals to decorate your home. :3:

Also those christmas lights havent come down in years.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Welp, getting back into Warship Gunner 2

Some good cats

:catstare:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

God bless this ridiculous stupid game :allears:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
From all of the AC:O pictures in the thread, I get the impression that the assassin creed team is very good at making beautiful worlds and recreations of real life areas, but they are rather bad at adding good gameplay to these worlds?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I wouldn't call its gameplay great but I think nu-AC is totally fine, especially considering that you can switch between combat and stealth and it's competent enough in both. There are lots of games out there doing either of those better of course. But yeah, if you're looking primarily for depth and satisfaction in gameplay AC isn't where it's at, if you're looking for fun open world adventure time it is (at least to me) more than the sum of its parts imo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

From all of the AC:O pictures in the thread, I get the impression that the assassin creed team is very good at making beautiful worlds and recreations of real life areas, but they are rather bad at adding good gameplay to these worlds?

Nah the gameplay is fine. It's not exactly revolutionary but it's a perfectly competent action RPG with some fun skills and the ability to light everything on fire. Speaking of!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I find the stealth to be passable and any other gameplay to be awful. I’ve never liked these games.

I remember my buddy in the dorms getting a PS3 a week early. I was blown away by AC for like an hour before I just completely disengaged.

I gave the American Revolution one a shot and bailed within like 4 hours. Then everyone said I had to try the ship combat in Black Flag and I left that game after about 5 or so hours.

Finally everyone said they took some time off and changed things in Origins. Plus I wanted to see the X enhancements.

I got to about 50% through the story and uninstalled. Beautiful world, boring as poo poo to me though. I tried to like them, I really did.

Content:
No Man’s Sky

Read Dead 2

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Sorry for the cell shot but lol this rope ladder

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

VelociBacon posted:

One rung out of seven ain't bad.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

VelociBacon posted:

Laura doesn't want to weird people out with her upper-body strength, so she pretends to use her feet for things.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's more I think that the rungs should rest on the knots not float under them.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I haven't played Odyessy yet, but Origins was a huge jump in game play quality from 2 and Black Flag. The actual writing and questing was wholly uninspired and predictable though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

It's more I think that the rungs should rest on the knots not float under them.

They're really strong knots.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Hitman 2

Yes, I look very trustworthy. I'm the trust-worthiest-man in town.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Spyro: Reignited

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

PantsBandit posted:

Spyro: Reignited

Everytime I see this game in motion it looks like a Pixar movie. I'm hyped to get it but I know I'll only complete the first game, so I'm waiting for a deal.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Beastie posted:

Everytime I see this game in motion it looks like a Pixar movie. I'm hyped to get it but I know I'll only complete the first game, so I'm waiting for a deal.

It's pretty great. I don't know what it is about Spyro that hooks me more than, say, A Hat in Time, but I've been loving re-visiting the trilogy. I think it's because the first two Spyros just feel very lean, everything feels purposeful and the levels never outstay their welcome. Spyro 3 on the other hand...not so much.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I just upgraded my PC and now I can't stop taking more AC Odyssey screenshots!

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Still completely hooked on HBS's BATTLETECH.

Been playing around starting new companies and this is the crew of "Sea Witch's Sirens" right when I salvaged enough medium 'Mechs to leave my starting deck behind. The one on the left with the brick on its shoulder can cut the legs off anything with dual Large Lasers. It carries for the rest of the team thanks to the really expensive pilot I hired, worth it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Amechwarrior posted:

Still completely hooked on HBS's BATTLETECH.

Been playing around starting new companies and this is the crew of "Sea Witch's Sirens" right when I salvaged enough medium 'Mechs to leave my starting deck behind. The one on the left with the brick on its shoulder can cut the legs off anything with dual Large Lasers. It carries for the rest of the team thanks to the really expensive pilot I hired, worth it.

Have not heard about this game, how would you compare it to other mech games? I loved play Chromehounds way back when.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

PantsBandit posted:

Have not heard about this game, how would you compare it to other mech games? I loved play Chromehounds way back when.

It's a turn based strategy, not a Sim/action game. Think of it more like x-com, but with giant robots.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah you run a mercenary group taking your shitheap spaceship around to various backwater planets completing contracts for cash and or loot. Its pretty fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

PantsBandit posted:

It's a relatively good attempt at recreating the tabletop game. It's nothing like chromehounds or the mechwarrior games though. Has a few problem points but is overall a really good strategy game.