Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
terrifying

brick shithouses are built like Noi

(actual chapter cover lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
This seems out of nowhere...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPJ5sLkd5LQ

Also going by the title, this is going to be a disaster.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Julias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPJ5sLkd5LQ

Also going by the title, this is going to be a disaster.

Only if Pat's in it.

Anyway, is Punisher War Zone good? I see that it's on Netflix and I can't remember which is the one people have good things to say about.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

RareAcumen posted:

Anyway, is Punisher War Zone good? I see that it's on Netflix and I can't remember which is the one people have good things to say about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0bmCPFsi8

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RareAcumen posted:

Only if Pat's in it.

Nope. Matt and Woolie, both blind.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Julias posted:

https://twitter.com/2BFOfficial/status/1061089779687809025

Guess they needed something to fill the gap.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pat's sick so they're scrambling to fill the schedule, I don't think 1/3 indicates anything except that they only ever intended to record enough footage for a few episodes.

EDIT: maybe not, they commissioned an intro...

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 11, 2018

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

I never knew I wanted to see this till now

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It would suck if this really is only 3 episodes.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Honestly I don’t think they’re gonna be able to beat it in three episodes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They are just gonna axe it after three, I can't imagine Woolie working his way through the Milkman Conspiracy.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Shame. Matt would have marked the gently caress out for Lungfishopolis.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 11, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So does this mean the podcast's delayed for wednesday? I would've liked to see their reactions to Fallout 76's trash fire.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Grouchio posted:

So does this mean the podcast's delayed for wednesday? I would've liked to see their reactions to Fallout 76's trash fire.

Well, seeing as how they are getting shill money for promoting the game on their podcast...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grouchio posted:

How can it be a trashfire when modders haven't been discouraged yet?

https://twitter.com/valdetiosi/status/1061301983175434242

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Considering how often people get upset when Matt clearly isn't feeling a game, I'm glad they're actually assessing and not committing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Bee posted:

Considering how often people get upset when Matt clearly isn't feeling a game, I'm glad they're actually assessing and not committing.

Considering how often Matt doesn't feel something, I'm surprised they are actually assessing this time. Although, to be fair, if the recordings were recent dude has all the reasons in the world to not feel something.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I hope Matt doesn't leave like Liam did. (Also, what prevents Liam from coming back onto the podcast every now and then? Curious)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dias posted:

Considering how often Matt doesn't feel something, I'm surprised they are actually assessing this time. Although, to be fair, if the recordings were recent dude has all the reasons in the world to not feel something.

Did I miss something going down in Matt's life? I know he's been t weeting a bunch about the california fires since he's got friends in the way of that but is there something else?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Grouchio posted:

I hope Matt doesn't leave like Liam did. (Also, what prevents Liam from coming back onto the podcast every now and then? Curious)

Liam's basically a full-time streamer now, from what I understand.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Liam's done stuff with everyone from the channel but Pat recently so I wonder if theres some bad blood

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Monathin posted:

Did I miss something going down in Matt's life? I know he's been t weeting a bunch about the california fires since he's got friends in the way of that but is there something else?

His mom had a stroke

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Your Parents posted:

Liam's done stuff with everyone from the channel but Pat recently so I wonder if theres some bad blood

This has been quashed like twenty times.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

His mom had a stroke

Oh jesus christ, yeah, I didn't know about that. Wishing him the best then.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Liam literally said he doesn't want to be linked with the best friends as a crutch branding.

edit: Why the gently caress am I responding to grouchio, I'm a loving idiot

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Their relationship never recovered after Liam touched Pat's TV

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Your Parents posted:

There is no bad blood, Pat is just a recluse, we've known this for years, people!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

Liam literally said he doesn't want to be linked with the best friends as a crutch branding.

edit: Why the gently caress am I responding to grouchio, I'm a loving idiot

become happier, block grouchio

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Andrast posted:

Their relationship never recovered after Liam touched Pat's TV

I forgot all about this and it's still the funniest loving thing.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Rodyle posted:

become happier, block grouchio

This should really be in the OP.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

You know what, I can't blame Matt for not feeling it, the early hours of Psychonauts are more of a slog than I remember.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If Matt getting bored after an hour is now grounds to kill an LP then they'll never finish another one.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

If Matt getting bored after an hour is now grounds to kill an LP then they'll never finish another one.

Woolie also discusses the concept of poor play "causing Viewer Damage" which is the other concern

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Blockhouse posted:

Woolie also discusses the concept of poor play "causing Viewer Damage" which is the other concern

god, imagine if Giant Bomb ever gave a poo poo about this. They'd have died six years ago

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

nerdman42 posted:

You know what, I can't blame Matt for not feeling it, the early hours of Psychonauts are more of a slog than I remember.

The whole game is like that.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
What is bloody palace? They've referenced it at least 10 times in the DMC4 LP without actually saying what it is.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Foxhound posted:

What is bloody palace? They've referenced it at least 10 times in the DMC4 LP without actually saying what it is.

Challenge tower with 100 floors, basically a survival mode.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's an enemy gauntlet set in a tower with a zillion floors, they probably won't show it off but if you're really into the game/s it's where you'll spend most of your time.

It's a particularly well-liked part of DMC4 because it's the only way to face certain bosses as certain characters, and because the main campaign kinda sucks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pat wouldn't have gotten sick if everyone would invest in tissues.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Foxhound posted:

Since DMC2 it's been a gauntlet of floors against enemies that progress floor level by 1/50/100 depending on which portal you take at the end of a floor. If you haven't played higher difficulties in the games, oooh boy you're gonna learn the hard way about enemies that can devil trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The biggest issue with Bloody Palace is that it takes like two to three hours to complete and doesn't let you save and quit at any point.

If you wanna fight Credo as Dante there's probably mods for that you can use instead of just fighting grunts for two hours for the privilege.