Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
he probably instinctively understands that california will just short the feds on taxes for the necessary funds somehow if he fucks around

whereas he knows that he can bully places like PR and NC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

i'll never trust the great lakes after what happened to the edmund fitzgerald

there are legit uncharted shoals in superior still where it shows like 100ft of water

I know a guy who wrecked his sailboat on one recently with his family aboard

don’t gently caress with the Big Lake unless you’re ready for a serious offshore experience

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its cool that we're so hosed that we just have a "natural disasters that kills thousands" thread for the united states alone and it hasnt lost relevance in months

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Lokar posted:

I’m glad this thread is now the rolling climate environmental disaster thread

in case you aren’t feeling nihilistic enough, the increase in wild fires is also causing more rising sea levels.

a lot of the soot winds up on Greenland / arctic ice, which makes the ice less reflective so it melts more!

wheeeee!

rising sea levels put out the wildfires bing bong problem solved

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
we dont even have a real death toll for michael yet because of all the rubble

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/Weather_West/status/1061316105308753920

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

we dont even have a real death toll for unrelated domestic abuse yet because of all the rubble
:hmmyes:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

anime was right posted:

its cool that we're so hosed that we just have a "natural disasters that kills thousands" thread for the united states alone and it hasnt lost relevance in months

still quite fond of the President of the United States getting angry with nature and deciding to withhold funds due to an uptick in said natural disasters

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

welcome to the resistance (except of the fire type)

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

americans overblowing the problem as usual, santa ana style :grin:

but https://firms.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/map/#z:7;c:-118.6,36.6;d:2018-11-10..2018-11-11;l:fire_terra_crc is a start for the nasa fire information map page

gotta click the buttons for the various terra and aqua passes, and maybe go back a day since the satellites live in an orbit that hasn't of this moment made another pass just yet

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I had a wild experience volunteering at one of the shelters. A woman from the Republican woman's club stopped by with bags of random stuff she collected from the group. She still had her I voted sticker on her dress.

The bag had an open roll of paper towels, a glass bottle of ginger beer, Mexican candy in an odd unlabelled bag, a woman's blouse, and a dog toy. She held it in front of me and said they got it for cheap and the told me to play with it. Okay, my 12 houre shift was ending in 20 minutes, we could send the donations somewhere else, just play along.

Then she keeps asking to take a peak of the shelters dorm area. I keep telling her no peaking and getting in the way So she gets mad, complains about this being a public place, and says she's leaving with the rest of the stuff she was going to bring in. Which she does.

The experience was demeaning, but those feelings have given way to curiosity about what the other bags had.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Mostly spiders probably

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

RandomPauI posted:

Then she keeps asking to take a peak of the shelters dorm area. I keep telling her no peaking and getting in the way So she gets mad, complains about this being a public place, and says she's leaving with the rest of the stuff she was going to bring in. Which she does.

The experience was demeaning, but those feelings have given way to curiosity about what the other bags had.

Excuse me, can't you see I am donating random crap here? That means I can treat the people in the shelter like exhibits at a zoo! Also, that I own you. If that's how you treat your betters, I'm taking my half used roll of toilet paper and sack of bees and leaving!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

thread title

https://twitter.com/HumansOfLate/status/1061557641665830913

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Why aren't more people worshiping the firenado? it's p powerful imo and would make a good god or at least a good manifestation of god at which to direct praise and awe

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

i mean, just like all of you, I got all this praise and awe and I got no where to put it

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

RandomPauI posted:

100% chance she wanted to see how many people looked like ILLEGALS

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

I had a wild experience volunteering at one of the shelters. A woman from the Republican woman's club stopped by with bags of random stuff she collected from the group. She still had her I voted sticker on her dress.

The bag had an open roll of paper towels, a glass bottle of ginger beer, Mexican candy in an odd unlabelled bag, a woman's blouse, and a dog toy. She held it in front of me and said they got it for cheap and the told me to play with it. Okay, my 12 houre shift was ending in 20 minutes, we could send the donations somewhere else, just play along.

Project Veritas sting gone awry. Expect to see yourself in a heavily edited video in like 3 months.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gobbeldygook posted:

100% chance she wanted to see how many people looked like ILLEGALS

and then call ice on them

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

we dont even have a real death toll for michael yet because of all the rubble

death tolls only matter for mass shootings now

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Excuse me, can't you see I am donating random crap here? That means I can treat the people in the shelter like exhibits at a zoo! Also, that I own you. If that's how you treat your betters, I'm taking my half used roll of toilet paper and sack of bees and leaving!

I think it's this. Charity is not meant to help the recipients, it's meant to subordinate them to the donors. Being a donor and being told "no" defeats the whole point.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Over Easy posted:

i mean, just like all of you, I got all this praise and awe and I got no where to put it

Turn off your monitor

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
why donate if you dont get recognition and preferential treatment

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I was looking for videos on YouTube and stumbled across a bunch of conspiracy theory videos about California wildfires. Apparently the general consensus among crazy people is that Chem trails have been spraying accelerants all over California, which are then ignited by military airplanes shooting lasers at them. I would past a video but they are all really long and totally unwatchable

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

I was looking for videos on YouTube and stumbled across a bunch of conspiracy theory videos about California wildfires. Apparently the general consensus among crazy people is that Chem trails have been spraying accelerants all over California, which are then ignited by military airplanes shooting lasers at them. I would past a video but they are all really long and totally unwatchable

that's the sort of moronic over-engineering I'd expect from the MIC at least

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why not just have a couple dudes in a jeep go out and put some sticks together and strike a match instead?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/rgatess/status/1061692842773368832

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

we sure disobeyed some fuckin gods huh

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1061514870389125120

the viral advertising for the I am Legend prequel is pretty solid

twoday
May 4, 2005

if anyone sees any good block of text to include in the book of c spam about the fires post it here or there or somewhere

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This was pretty shocking (warning charred skeletons)

Guy who barely survived the fire finds out his neighbors didn't make it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd_AqyPaUTg

twoday
May 4, 2005

wow

is that going to get taken down from youtube soon?

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

twoday posted:

wow

is that going to get taken down from youtube soon?

I assumed it would, but it's been up for two days at this point.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I doubt it, there's more graphic stuff than that on youtube, it's got a graphic content warning, and it's a pretty significant document of what's going on in a rich white part of the world, it's not just some kid uploading an execution video to shock people with.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

etalian posted:

This was pretty shocking (warning charred skeletons)

Guy who barely survived the fire finds out his neighbors didn't make it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd_AqyPaUTg
gently caress.

"She stopped to fix her makeup and it killed her."

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:911:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Fiend posted:

gently caress.

drat

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

etalian posted:

skeletons

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

drat fire sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Fiend posted:

gently caress.

man there's no way i'm an atheist anymore, like it's just such a massive obvious greek tragedy at this point

if this were a tv show i'd be like "wow the writers sure are laying it on thick huh :jerkbag:"

like ok alan alda we fuckin get it