Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Geostomp posted:

I got the first Zekrom, thanks.

If we're going for codes, here's a Zeraora:

A802UZ5N6AMQWES3

The card got a little scratched, so, just in case, try this if it doesn't work
A892UZ5N6AMQWES3

Took this code! Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

precision posted:

Pokemon megathread: Eevee Uber Alles

pokemon megathread: baddy bad

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I thought my copy of ultra moon was messed up because rotom won't shut up now that I'm at Po Town but no, game freak actually thought it was a good idea

Edit: and like seriously these games get patches now and yet rotom hasn't been fixed lmao

At least my gimmick eevee party is working as great as expected

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Rotom only starts talking to you if you keep using it, like tapping it for the map and missing. If it's asked to change your nickname it's already too late.

E: Gym Leader Blue

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 11, 2018

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

splishy splash here

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1061428440794943489

This guy is doing a datamine. I figure this isn't really a spoiler since we know what the Pokemon is.

thoose are some mondo stats

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
melmetal is going to have an insane choice band set, assault vest set, and metronome set. youve heard it here first

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright, no new areas per the location list. Now to wait for the music rips.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Wait, so you can't even go near the Volcano that totally exists on Cinnabar now?

Hoping we get a txt dump soon, I want to know if you get anything for being the Master Master.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Crawfish posted:

Wait, so you can't even go near the Volcano that totally exists on Cinnabar now?

Hoping we get a txt dump soon, I want to know if you get anything for being the Master Master.

https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1061471095096664064

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dataminers need to hurry up and post the entire game story, ending, every battle, all the new mechanics, and every single bit of information so I don't have to buy that game.

I want to know everything about LGPE before it comes out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently one of the gyms requires you to own 50 different Pokemon before you can enter it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RatHat posted:

Apparently one of the gyms requires you to own 50 different Pokemon before you can enter it.

I mean I think people who don't catch and use at least 30 main team members per pokemon game are weird but why punish them, playing through the whole game with the same 6 party members is punishment enough

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

thoose are some mondo stats

thats conkeldurr

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pokemon Let's Go: Eevee Delenda Est

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dehry posted:

They're in the game code. No one has actually finished the game to see if they show up later.

https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1061446019953582080

The Eevee special moves are all 90 power 100 accuracy elemental attacks.

Well I figured it would all have to be in there if you're allowed to move your guys to later games, but I then realized there is 0 confirmation that this is possible

Even for "no hold items" - in the original Yellow there were no hold items and then when you transferred Pikachu across to G/S/C he appeared with a light ball, explaining why he was stronger than a normal Pikachu.

I figured they'd do the exact same thing if they allow transfer to the main series games here.

Wait the "no hold items" doesn't even make sense with Mega Evolution?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

RatHat posted:

Aren't there only, like, around 70 Pokemon families in Gen 1 to begin with?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

RatHat posted:

Considering that battling wild Pokemon has been replaced with capturing them, I don't think this is going to be a problem.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Well I figured it would all have to be in there if you're allowed to move your guys to later games, but I then realized there is 0 confirmation that this is possible

Even for "no hold items" - in the original Yellow there were no hold items and then when you transferred Pikachu across to G/S/C he appeared with a light ball, explaining why he was stronger than a normal Pikachu.

I figured they'd do the exact same thing if they allow transfer to the main series games here.

Wait the "no hold items" doesn't even make sense with Mega Evolution?

The Pikachu in yellow is very much not stronger then a regular Pikachu, and the mega stones are now items you use I think

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1061441122373750786

Absorb has been turned into Mega Drain which has been turned into Giga Drain.

Also:

https://twitter.com/SolaceAcheron/status/1061443842984079360

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has Giga Drain been turned into Tera Drain?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Giga Drain isn't in the game, it was introduced in GSC.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Countblanc posted:

melmetal is going to have an insane choice band set, assault vest set, and metronome set. youve heard it here first

Also another physical trick room sweeper.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dehry posted:

They're in the game code. No one has actually finished the game to see if they show up later.

https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1061446019953582080

The Eevee special moves are all 90 power 100 accuracy elemental attacks.

Really working to show Eevee as the better choice here, aren’t they? Also, does Buzzy Buzz hint at the mythical Bug eeveelution?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Geostomp posted:

Really working to show Eevee as the better choice here, aren’t they? Also, does Buzzy Buzz hint at the mythical Bug eeveelution?

No, Buzzy Buzz is the electric type Eevee move.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Kurieg posted:

No, Buzzy Buzz is the electric type Eevee move.

Ah, that makes more sense.

Now all I want is some crappy Gen 1 mons getting stat boosts.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

So what will be the best move selection for coverage on my Eevee, slayer of gods?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kurieg posted:

So what will be the best move selection for coverage on my Eevee, slayer of gods?

Baddy Bad is a must.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Despite not finishing Ultra Moon and not caring about the Pokemon Go mechanics and simplification of the mechanics I'm starting to get that Pokemon itch simply because of the hope that it will be less of an exposition dump. I find Pokemon is one of those games that frustrate me when they treat me as a new player and explain mechanics anyway even when I select the no option.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Def starts with ice and electric, but after that idk

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Kurieg posted:

Water seems like a must so it can deal with Rock and harm Steel.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

less laughter posted:

Giga Drain isn't in the game, it was introduced in GSC.

Oh Christ, they're using RBY movepools and learnsets too? I didn't know that, that's awful. :( It at least has the physical/special split right?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if it's like pokemon go the only stats are Attack Defense and Stamina

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Houle posted:

Despite not finishing Ultra Moon and not caring about the Pokemon Go mechanics and simplification of the mechanics I'm starting to get that Pokemon itch simply because of the hope that it will be less of an exposition dump. I find Pokemon is one of those games that frustrate me when they treat me as a new player and explain mechanics anyway even when I select the no option.

Don't get your hopes up.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Water seems like a must so it can deal with Rock and harm Steel.

Ice hits the secondary typing on every rock type except Omastar and Kabuto. And you can probably run Psychic as there aren't any generation 1 pokemon that retroactively gained dark typing.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

precision posted:

I mean I think people who don't catch and use at least 30 main team members per pokemon game are weird but why punish them, playing through the whole game with the same 6 party members is punishment enough

The chief method you'll gain EXP in this game is catching Pokemon so I'm pretty sure this isn't a big deal.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

if it's like pokemon go the only stats are Attack Defense and Stamina

They have all 5 stats and natures. It's a full Pokemon game with abilities and held items disabled.

E:The leaker guy started posting again.

https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1061653077290311681

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 11, 2018

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Kurieg posted:

Bolty bolt and beamy beam.

Edit:

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Oh Christ, they're using RBY movepools and learnsets too? I didn't know that, that's awful. :( It at least has the physical/special split right?

No, they have updated types and movepools. The champ's Alakazam at the end knows Dazzling Gleam, for example.

Dienes fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 11, 2018

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Ice hits the secondary typing on every rock type except Omastar and Kabuto. And you can probably run Psychic as there aren't any generation 1 pokemon that retroactively gained dark typing.

Don't forget that Alola forms will presumably be peppered through the game in the form of the Tourist trainer classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1061667179605614594

https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1061684132231737344

Dehry fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 11, 2018