Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
abbacchio is cool cause despite his gently caress ups and grave nature, he still willingly goofs and straight mans with mista and narancias bullshit and you can tell he does like them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Did Moody Blues get an english name change?

Like, idk, Sad Sax or something

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Improbable Lobster posted:

It'd be easier to list the Stands that won't be getting name changes.

e: if you're asking what it got changed to, it's Moody Jazz.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yep, Moody Jazz

The next episode title confirmed that Sex Pistols will be Six Bullets so itll almost def be Purple Smoke and Lil Bomber too

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

God drat, I know it's just for the subtitles for now but the name changes always kill me. It's especially painful when it's single, common words that get changed like Surface or Echoes. That's complete and utter bullshit.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The part 5 name changes are just so loving lazy.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
roronora zolo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the only name change that pisses me off is 'Stone Free' to 'Stone Ocean'

like no, she names it that to symbolize her will to get out of this 'Stone Ocean' you've ruined the metaphor aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I like most of the Part 4 ones (Boy Man Man is loving inspired) but Part 5s kind of suck.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Makes me wonder who gets final say on the names and what the process for choosing them is

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Expect My Mom posted:

Yep, Moody Jazz

The next episode title confirmed that Sex Pistols will be Six Bullets so itll almost def be Purple Smoke and Lil Bomber too

Well that's a shame, still think Hex Pistols works much better.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Like, idk, Sad Sax or something

Sad Sax is pretty good.

If all the name changes were as good as FAaaRP, I think people would have way less of an issue.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Limp Bizkit into Flaccid Pancake is forever the best change.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
flaccid

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

The true king of JoJo name changes has been prophezised. He is yet to arrive

That king will be Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

...Disreputable Doings Delivered drat Affordably

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

RatHat posted:

The part 5 name changes are just so loving lazy.

Yeah, it's really weird that they tried to go with the spirit of the names for most of the other parts (I still have no idea what Surface -> Show Off was though) and then for part 5 they went with.... Zipper Man.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone got any thoughts if they move Mista's backstory to next week or the week after?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it'll def be the week after next, so he can be established as the focus character of the next fight.

Mista's backstory probably gonna be the """"weakest"""" coming after abbacchio, cause he was honestly having a pretty cool life until he stepped up to be a badass.

I do love his backstory though, it's like a beat era novel for kids, Mista just bumming around, doing crimes to pay for food, sometimes getting laid, sometimes not, spending some nights in prison.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love that Mista specifically steals money from people poo poo talking Clint Eastwood.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love that Mista specifically steals money from people poo poo talking Clint Eastwood.

I'll forever love that his favorite Clint Eastwood movie is Bridges of Goddamn Madison County.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

BaDandy posted:

I'll forever love that his favorite Clint Eastwood movie is Bridges of Goddamn Madison County.

Idk anything about Bridges of Madison County, is it just a strange pick for favorite Eastwood film or is there something else funny about Mista liking it?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira's favorite film is The Remains Of The Day which feels very fitting

FirstAidKite posted:

Idk anything about Bridges of Madison County, is it just a strange pick for favorite Eastwood film or is there something else funny about Mista liking it?
it's a romance/drama that eastwood directed and acted in and it's a very funny pic for this eighteen year old gunslinger

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

it's a romance/drama that eastwood directed and acted in and it's a very funny pic for this eighteen year old gunslinger

Are you telling me that this shithead 18 year-old likes a romance/drama film as his favorite film?

Do you expect me to believe that? That's just so stupid. There's no way that's true, he's gotta be lying.

The joke is that Mista's backstory is essentially just "Do you expect me to believe that? That's just so stupid. There's no way that's true, he's gotta be lying."

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he really just picked it because he likes Meryl Streep

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Expect My Mom posted:

That and his favorite band is The Carpenters, so idk I just like that he's really a sweet romantic boy who's a savant with guns. It's nice! It's a good way of highlighting that Giorno idealizes these hardened criminals at first when really they're just normal dudes who fell into the crime world for whatever reason. It's a very Araki way to write.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

BaDandy posted:

That and his favorite band is The Carpenters, so idk I just like that he's really a sweet romantic boy who's a savant with guns. It's nice! It's a good way of highlighting that Giorno idealizes these hardened criminals at first when really they're just normal dudes who fell into the crime world for whatever reason. It's a very Araki way to write.
The final shot of Part 5 zooming out from the window where Giorno and Mista are at the top of Passione and Yesterday Once More starts playing

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mista has Paint Your Wagon playing on constant repeat inside Coco Jumbo.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Should have been zippy fingers.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Electric Phantasm posted:

Either he didn't see movies very often or people in his part of Italy must loving hate Clint Eastwood

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Expect My Mom posted:

the only name change that pisses me off is 'Stone Free' to 'Stone Ocean'

like no, she names it that to symbolize her will to get out of this 'Stone Ocean' you've ruined the metaphor aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That’ll be awkward in the subs.
Something like “Stone Breaker” would probably be better imo

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

My girlfriend finally got around to reading Grateful Dead last night and god, what a good fight. I cannot wait til the anime gets to that and we can watch Bruno unzipping his head to dodge a punch. :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ChaosArgate posted:

My girlfriend finally got around to reading Grateful Dead last night and god, what a good fight. I cannot wait til the anime gets to that and we can watch Bruno unzipping his head to dodge a punch. :allears:

Or watch three men have a fistfight hanging from the side of a moving train.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Bruno unzipping his heart to avoid Beach Boy while one of the Sex Pistols is there doing some Speedwagon narration is the best

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The Beach Boy half of the fight is legit some of the tensest poo poo, and Bruno unzipping his heart is just the perfect way to epitomize that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Of all JoJo boys, the ones who smell worst are:
1. Gyro, because he wipes with leaves but it's also the wild west so it's a bit unfair to judge him.
2. Joshu, who smells like smegma upon smegma.
3. Mista, a boy who does not shower.

Josuke 4 smells best, he buys the good poo poo cologne and is a pristine boy followed by Giorno who smells like ripe fruit. Tonio also ranks very highly. Bruno is high ranking too.

I don't think there's a lot of room for debate here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ok

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
:ok:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
please dont post like that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Grateful Dead and Beach Boy has my favorite one off villians. I love Fra calling Bruno a failure as a capo and then after Bruno does some ballsy poo poo he's like "I take back what I said, that was disrespectful" dude had some class. I also love how he keeps trying to build up Pesci, causing Beach Boy to be one of the most dangerous stands in the series. Pesci may have died, but he didn't die a Mammone. :unsmith: