Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So even besides the whole boat within a boat thing, why didn't Bruno putting a hole in boat 1 affect boat 2?

EDIT: Also Abbacchio has that backstory and he's only 21.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
A lot can happen in three years

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He went to the same police academy that Rebecca Chambers went to.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Johnny Joestar posted:

a casual reminder that davidpro put in a missing glove on the rack in the part 4 anime when josuke and jotaro are fighting aqua necklace in the house

that was in the manga, i don't think this was

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Expect My Mom posted:

Moody Blues looks and sounds so cool animated

I still dont think the second boat thing makes 100% sense but oh well

bruno x abbacchio otp

It makes zero sense that buccialati would zip through the thin film and never notice the other boat. AND, since its been shown that hes zipping through both in one go, he should have sunk them both in one go as well!!!!!!

Luckily this is the only fight i dislike in all of part 5 and its really not even that bad

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Part 5 has blown me away so far. I was worried from my little bit of knowledge about part 5 but I'm so gungho now.

Gf has been cackling every time the ED comes on and thought this episode was like 10 minutes long.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RatHat posted:

So even besides the whole boat within a boat thing, why didn't Bruno putting a hole in boat 1 affect boat 2?

He coincidentally opened a hole in boat 1 that overlapped with the hole used to deflate boat 2.

Option B: Boat 2 didn't wrap the whole way.

Option C: It was the work of an enemy stand.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Somewhere out there is a dude whose Stand power is to make other people ignore plot holes.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
His name is Araki

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

More like ACABiccho

I figure when Fuckhead McGree restored the original boat Bruno just re-zipped it. They clearly didn't sink instantly, Bruno holed it, he didn't rip the boat apart. Which I guess he could do. gently caress, what a strong crime boy.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Glagha posted:

He wrapped a deflated boat around another boat like a skin then hid between the skin and the actual boat

oh wait actually I get it, he deflated BOTH boats, then put one deflated boat inside the other, then reinflated the inner one, which caused the outer boat to look inflated as well.

But since he had to deflate the outer boat, it still had a hole in it (since that's how his stand works), and putting a hole in both boats means it starts sinking.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the virgin shonen manga
- gets on a boat and stays on it for years at a time

the chad jojo
- gets on a boat, has a fun boat puzzle and will get off it next week

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Expect My Mom posted:

the virgin shonen manga

the chad jojo

lol

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Expect My Mom posted:

the virgin shonen manga

the chad jojo

Lol

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

YggiDee posted:

I do hope we get, like, a little more info on Moody Blues' time range becuase what we have right now is a perfect eavesdropping/blackmail device. Rewind to Your Boss at the secret meeting yesterday. Rewind to someone typing in their computer password. Rewind to your coworker singing dumb songs at his cat and film it.

Normal people can't see Stands, so filming it isn't the best idea.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

the virgin shonen manga

the chad jojo

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Repulsed Drake <(._.<) Jotaro x Kakyoin
Approving Drake (b^_^)> Buccirati x Abbacio

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baYdiHmdXtM

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

RatHat posted:

EDIT: Also Abbacchio has that backstory and he's only 21.

The dude's jurisdiction was basically Turboillegal, Italy(it's a small town in the province of Crime).

Also man it's great just how much better a character Giorno is with a proper translation.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
The chapters that contained this week's fight got a proper translation over 5 years ago.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
and honestly i still didn't like any of the characters in particular when I read it. I think davidpro is doing a lot for the characters just through a lot of little things and adding/rearranging little bits of character development and backstory

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
This episode did a kickass job of making Moody Blues look good just with sound design.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Daxing Dan posted:

The chapters that contained this week's fight got a proper translation over 5 years ago.

Sure, but I never read the new good translation so all I had to work with was the old bad translation, and that was terrible at conveying Giorno's personality.

somepartsareme posted:

and honestly i still didn't like any of the characters in particular when I read it. I think davidpro is doing a lot for the characters just through a lot of little things and adding/rearranging little bits of character development and backstory

For me personally, it's that there's enough characterization now that Giorno doesn't seem like a dude who just does things because the plot needs him to. The expository rearranging is also good, but the old translations never adequately conveyed that "If I need to rip my arm off to win then I won't even waste a second agonizing over it" attitude he has. It just never felt like he recognized the danger or costs or whatever.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 11, 2018

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

berserk isn't a shonen 0/10

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was referring to one piece actually

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
but also hunter x hunter

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
There was also that one filler arc of Naruto.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

I was referring to one piece actually

One Piece actually spends very little time on boats. When the story stalls, it's always on an island.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Technically Thriller Bark was a boat, TBF

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
baratie, also a boat

haven't gotten there yet, but zou? technically a boat I think

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And those arcs were all of pretty reasonable length.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
One Piece is anti-boat syndrome because if they're on a boat that means it's a between-arc section and that's when all the hype worldbuilding stuff happens.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

If you haven’t gotten there I won’t go into any specifics but Zou is most definitely not a boat.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

If you haven’t gotten there I won’t go into any specifics but Zou is most definitely not a boat.
It's on a big elephant!

animal boat!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Anyway, less controversial topic

Abbachio went from Blue Lives Matter to revolutionary syndicalism. And all at 21!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Bruno's stand was unzipping both because he had no reason to think there were 2 layers. It's the same reason why he just unzips a person whole instead of just unzipping their skin to reveal their muscular or skeletal tissue.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Did he put one ship over the top of the other like a tablecloth or one inside the other like a duvet cover?

Either way it doesn't seem like it should work given that you can go inside the ship through doors so you'd think you would notice the deflated boat at that point.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

CJ posted:

Did he put one ship over the top of the other like a tablecloth or one inside the other like a duvet cover?

Either way it doesn't seem like it should work given that you can go inside the ship through doors so you'd think you would notice the deflated boat at that point.

Well he didn't have the keys to the ship, so he would have had to deflate 02 and stretch it out over 01 (probably while they were buying snacks or whatever). Or be the secret biggest strongest boy. And yeah if they tried to open a door they might have noticed, but also Zuchero dipped out of a moving car the moment he heard Bruno's name. Dude couldn't focus on driving while driving, he wasn't exactly a tactical genius.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

who was driving the boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Stairmaster posted:

who was driving the boat
Presumably Fugo, just by process of elimination.