Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Wasn't the most recent halo campaign about hunting down the hero of humanity to execute him for ignoring orders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Wasn't the most recent halo campaign about hunting down the hero of humanity to execute him for ignoring orders?

Trump

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oorah

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

God bless america, and support are troops

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

If you want a place with infinite enemies for catalyst requirements, that arcadian chord heroic today is perfect. stuff just spawns infinitely until you kill the boss.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Master Chief for commandant of my heart

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Gonna get Lunas on reset, I'm real excited

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Emron posted:

Gonna get Lunas on reset, I'm real excited

I'm gonna grind my kills this next two weeks if it kills me.

Getting the ranks for Lunas isn't the hard part. Playing over the weekend I'm already over 2100. Even if I just solo the other quest steps and drops below 2100 it'll count apparently.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Getting the ranks for Lunas isn't the hard part.

Speak for yourself buddy!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

Even if I just solo the other quest steps and drops below 2100 it'll count apparently.

correct

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
COME BACK

https://i.imgur.com/CBQgtjP.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/S9KHV0B.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/HjqzkMM.gifv

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's no way for me to reset my glory rank right?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

There's no way for me to reset my glory rank right?

Not until you reach 5500

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mannn. I got to 5500 with only 5 or 6 losses. But hosed if im ever going to get 300 or so HC kills. Im loving terrible with them.

I might do it next season if Last Word returns and is good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Not until you reach 5500

Eh I'm pretty sure solo queing from here will tank the gently caress out of my stats pretty quick anyway.

CheeseFactory posted:

Mannn. I got to 5500 with only 5 or 6 losses. But hosed if im ever going to get 300 or so HC kills. Im loving terrible with them.

I might do it next season if Last Word returns and is good.

Eh, you know it'll be good now because I'm bothering to do the Lunas after saying I wouldn't. All this work will be for nothing because it'll own and I'll main it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Apparently Last Word is to be time gated for later in the season, just fyi to anyone getting horny for it.

Ugh gross. Where did you hear that?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Ugh gross. Where did you hear that?

Houndish, reporting on AnonTheNine leaks.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

CheeseFactory posted:

Difference between 1 and 5 resilience is like... 3 hp now.

If that 3 hp is worth it to you then go for it.

Or you could dump that poo poo stat and get your nade back in half the time or knock 70 seconds off your super etc.

4 Resil pushes Go Figure/Right Side from 6C2B to 7C1B
5 Resil pushes Trust from 2C2B to 3C1B and cuts Max shotgun one shot from from 11m to 9m
6 Resil pushes Bygones 5C2B to 6C1B

Resil is still pretty useful! Unless you're playing against people who just headshot or teamshoot you constantly then not so much.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Just lol if you haven't been dropping suckas with TLW since September 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Really wishing that was a primary sniper nowadays

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alone as a god is the only primary I like.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just lol if you haven't been dropping suckas with TLW since September 2017

TLW was my first exotic and I figured because it was exotic it must be used at all times, and tried to run VoG with it.

:downs:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

BlindSite posted:

Alone as a god is the only primary I like.

Uhh

check your privilege

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

TLW was my first exotic and I figured because it was exotic it must be used at all times, and tried to run VoG with it.

Bernie shooting over soul.gif

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Ahem mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i73Wz4oTECc

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
God drat lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

Running strikes with tlw when you could stunt on everything was fun af.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Guess which super???

Whoever at Bungie is responsible for this poo poo needs to take their helmet off and be hit in the head.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Nova Warp: Lasts over two minutes while spamming the attack and you can zig zag laps across a map and back

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Eej posted:

4 Resil pushes Go Figure/Right Side from 6C2B to 7C1B
5 Resil pushes Trust from 2C2B to 3C1B and cuts Max shotgun one shot from from 11m to 9m
6 Resil pushes Bygones 5C2B to 6C1B

Resil is still pretty useful! Unless you're playing against people who just headshot or teamshoot you constantly then not so much.

While true, in practice you're opposition is not going to be standing still and if they are they are poo poo anyways and you could kill them with anything.

The extra pase and movement of mobility makes it harder to land those shots at all.

Not to mention those TTKs don't take into account damage falloff and other mitigating factors, such as shotgun spread RNG.

Anyways, people can run what they like, I'm just giving a different perspective and im sure high resilience is better for certain playstyles. But if i could choose a magic number for resilience it would be 1. As im a Titan the lowest i can seemingly go is 3.

In D1 i ran 11 resilience (armor) as agility meant very little with Titan skating and the extra HP broke the major TTK break point in the entire game, the 1h2b hand canon.

You can also treat recovery as a dump stat if you have another way of boosting heath regeneration, Worm Husk, Alpha Lupi, etc. Though this is a bit harder as the benefits from recovery are a lot more tangible.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 12, 2018

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Also don't underestimate the value of walking speed. It allows you to strafe faster and even more importantly: walk backwards faster. Very important if you're not shotgunning.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

CheeseFactory posted:

Also don't underestimate the value of walking speed. It allows you to strafe faster and even more importantly: walk backwards faster. Very important if you're not shotgunning.

Are you talking about when you ADS or do you put that much emphasis on walking speed generally.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

huh posted:

Are you talking about when you ADS or do you put that much emphasis on walking speed generally.

Mostly ads. But i think it factors into movement in a lot of ways that isn't very obvious until you try a high vs low agility build.

But you can't sprint backwards and moving backwards is a pretty big thing in PvP that most people just don't consider.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
No need to walk backwards if you just do a 360 and sprint out the way you came

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't get me started on high mobility ads

https://imgur.com/piJFNb7.gifv

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
All the sweats I see are running 8-10 recovery, 2 resil and like 4 in mobility and I don't know why. I assume it's because they can take advantage of the extra 1-2 second faster regen to keep pushing weakened enemies.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Don't get me started on high mobility ads

https://imgur.com/piJFNb7.gifv

Really weird to see a thrall backpedal like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Eej posted:

All the sweats I see are running 8-10 recovery, 2 resil and like 4 in mobility and I don't know why. I assume it's because they can take advantage of the extra 1-2 second faster regen to keep pushing weakened enemies.

It’s the difference between running away from a fight and baiting someone into a trap