Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Dak has at least shown what he can do with some talent surrounding him. I don't think the addition of Cooper alone even elevates the Dallas receivers to average. Bortles, while not good for sure, has NEVER had a legit #1 receiver or anything close to it. I struggle to name the best receiver he's ever worked with to be honest.

Allen Robinson was loving phenomenal in Jacksonville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JeffSkversky/status/1061450487608811520

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Speaking of Oh So Close...

https://twitter.com/KDDrummondNFL/status/1061644032395235328

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Tony Romo who is one of the most underrated QB's in history was in his ear telling him exactly what he needed to do.

Romo spent his entire career being called underrated by every single person who uttered his name. He wasn't underrated, he was overrated. He was a great football mind and one of the finest audible QBs in the league when he was there, but he had a lovely arm and couldn't pinpoint a pass at all. I watched him throw lovely off target passes to his receivers, have his receivers somehow come down with it, and then see people talk about how lovely his receivers were.

Romo could barely throw it past 40 yards and people call him underrated laugh my loving rear end off

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Doltos posted:

Romo spent his entire career being called underrated by every single person who uttered his name. He wasn't underrated, he was overrated. He was a great football mind and one of the finest audible QBs in the league when he was there, but he had a lovely arm and couldn't pinpoint a pass at all. I watched him throw lovely off target passes to his receivers, have his receivers somehow come down with it, and then see people talk about how lovely his receivers were.

Romo could barely throw it past 40 yards and people call him underrated laugh my loving rear end off

Man Eli has hurt you bad hasn't he?

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Worst 6-3 team.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Bunk Rogers posted:

Worst 6-3 team.

truth

gotta give credit to an offensive line starting multiple guys who were signed off the street not completely imploding

very satisfying win, but this is not a good team

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Daltos is filling the gap since weakness doesn’t post anymore.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

predicto posted:

truth

gotta give credit to an offensive line starting multiple guys who were signed off the street not completely imploding

very satisfying win, but this is not a good team

Bucs are not so great up front; the Texans on the other hand, are a mortal risk to Smith and Peterson. Defense was opportunistic and has some talent. Payne continues to be a great pick.

Aside from the Texans, the rest of the schedule is winnable. The two games vs. the eagles may end up being big, because the NFC wildcard isn't coming from the east.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Did Romo ever even win a playoff game?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Doltos posted:

Did Romo ever even win a playoff game?

Yeah they beat the Philly in the first round the other time they were number one seed I believe, when they had Marion Barber, and lost to the Giants next round.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
God dammit eagles. You were the only chance for this division and you pissed it away

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Daltos is filling the gap since weakness doesn’t post anymore.

Whoa, if I ever disparaged Mr. Romo it was a regrettable error. I think he’s the best quarterback those losers ever had.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I’m kind of loving sick of hearing about how great Wentz’s stats are when the offense is so goddamn limp and they’re completely unable to finish drives or scheme up 3rd down plays.

And here’s my weekly fire Jim Schwartz post.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
lol eagles

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

romanowski posted:

the washington r*dskins will rise again

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Eagles bad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hawley-Smoot Tariff posted:

Whoa, if I ever disparaged Mr. Romo it was a regrettable error. I think he’s the best quarterback those losers ever had.

You’re alright even if you are a skins fan.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/1061983201877467136?s=19

Good thing we traded a 3rd rounder for Tate so we could never use him

I wonder who he'll sign with this offseason

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Super Bowl Champs

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ronald Darby tore his ACL so that should wrap up the season

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know how the Cowboys beat the eagles

But I suspect the eagles will somehow beat us in Dallas. Probably gonna be the 8th loss to boot.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
My analysis of this Eagles team is that pretty much everyone is dead or dying, and so is the season.

Jason Kelce, Lane Johnson, and Jason Peters are all playing through injuries of varying severity. So is Corey Clement. Jay Ajayi, Mack Hollins and Mike Wallace are out for the year, and Darren Sproles might as well be. Even Nelson Agholor just suffered a stinger. On the defensive side, all of the DB's are injured and have missed time. A rookie CB is starting at SS thanks to the season-ending injury to Rodney Mcleod. Derek Barnett is out for the season, and so is special-teams stud Chris Maragos. Tim Jernigan is still recovering from offseason surgery. Haloti Ngata has had leg problems.

The narrative with injury bugs like these is "can the team tread water until everyone is healthy", and the answer this year seems to be "No".

The encouraging thing is how close the games have been despite the bad injury luck. This is still a good team, and will be great again if/when people can start getting healthy.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Eagles are bad lol.

Rams/Saints should be a cool NFCCG.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Eagles just need to avoid dying completely and make smart draft choices. I’m Now rooting for Andy to get his ring finally.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Yodzilla posted:

Eagles just need to avoid dying completely and make smart draft choices. I’m Now rooting for Andy to get his ring finally.

You could basically say that the Chiefs are the quasi-Eagles because of Andy Reid, so if they win the super bowl it's basically like the Eagles getting another half a ring if not three quarters of a ring

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The 2018 Eagles are bad and I'm kinda relieved its essentially over. The games haven't been fun. I'm hoping a lot of it is just a hangover but in any event they need to get back to work come January

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Guys remember earlier in this thread when I said the Eagles were bad and you guys were like nuh uh

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

shyduck posted:

The 2018 Eagles are bad and I'm kinda relieved its essentially over. The games haven't been fun. I'm hoping a lot of it is just a hangover but in any event they need to get back to work come January

Eh, it's not so much a hangover as literally everyone's hurt. We got pretty lucky with injuries last year (minus Wentz, Peters and Sproles) but we've been absolutely derailed by them this year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This has been the most forgettable season. No really cool moments, hardly any plays.

I mean, I knew it would be hard to follow the magic of last season, but come on. I feel like this season doesn't even exist.

BUT. I did get some good news!

:dance:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

89 posted:

This has been the most forgettable season. No really cool moments, hardly any plays.

I mean, I knew it would be hard to follow the magic of last season, but come on. I feel like this season doesn't even exist.

Eagles suck!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Child abuse IMO.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Child abuse IMO.

Eh, eagles suck kids suck, it's fine. The child abuse starts in 5 years when the eagles are in this same spot.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
How can you come back from a bye and play like that ? Andy Reid would be turning in his grave if he were dead.

That Colts offence is looking better and better as the weeks go by, makes you wonder.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Watching Jason Garrett go for it on 4th down and run a fake punt comes off as some middle aged guy whose idea of changing things up is having two margaritas at chilis and finally asking his wife to be on top

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah but it worked. :saddowns:

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah but it worked. :saddowns:

his coaching style has been one long con for that moment

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

89 posted:

Move from Philly ASAP

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Child abuse IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Kids are cool and good and so are the Eagles congrats.