Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I have D3 on PC and I still bought it on my Switch :shrug:

I'd probably buy Overwatch for Switch if all my unlocked poo poo came across and it had crossplay

it would do neither of those things, guaranteed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Playing Overwatch with a controller would be hell

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Been playing some Moonlighter physical. Pretty fun, and a lot more forgiving than games similar to it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

Playing Overwatch with a controller would be hell
Yeah good point hope they never release it on a console or three

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Overwatch will be there for the switch refresh believe.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

DLC Inc posted:

Blizzard can jerk people around all they want but I still say there's 0% chance Overwatch comes to Switch. Anyone who wants to play it def has it already and they've bitched endlessly as is about how much of a hassle it is to update 3 different versions. I doubt they'll throw a 4th one on top and make more work for themselves.

The devs can bitch all they want, if the higher ups figure it'll sell enough to justify the extra hours with the updates it's a no-brainer. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's announced at some point.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What, don't you guys have Switches?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I was really not into paying $60 for a 6 year old game but all my friends got Diablo 3 and peer pressured me into it with them

This game is

1) MUCH more fun on the switch than PC. Seriously it's a totally new game
2) Much more fun than I remember in general. I know they do constant improvements and patches but wow it's good now
3) Insanely well suited for the Switch
4) The only time I have seen my Switch battery go from 100-0%, multiple times

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

enojy posted:

Worth it. Animal Crossing is the last pure thing left in video games, Mr. Resetti & Tom Nook's gentle extortion withstanding.

Gentle my rear end. The switch version better let me shank Resetti and turn Nook into the Gimp. With full leather and a chest to live in.

And integration with Pocket Camp.

Such a thing would be the undoing of my entire family.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was really not into paying $60 for a 6 year old game but all my friends got Diablo 3 and peer pressured me into it with them

This game is

2) Much more fun than I remember in general. I know they do constant improvements and patches but wow it's good now

Don't loving tell me this please

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dizz posted:

Don't loving tell me this please

*extremely Reggie voice* The game... is fun

$55AUD if you're in Australia
(Other stores will price match)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nook doesn't extort anybody. He gives you a house and upgrades and says "No interest, pay me this much at your own pace, when it's paid off I'll expand it for you. Take your time". He gives you an infinite zero interest loan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Nook doesn't extort anybody. He gives you an infinite zero interest loan

Too Big to Fail

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
He knows you'll be back buying furniture every goddamn day

to be honest he has a better business model than most capitalists nowadays

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

I want to play overwatch but the switch is the only console I own or need

:same:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

RandomFerret posted:

I want to play overwatch but the switch is the only console I own or need

You should try Paladins then, it's kinda like Overwatch but free. Also there's a patch coming this week for it that will include gyro controls, which is nice.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Nook doesn't extort anybody. He gives you a house and upgrades and says "No interest, pay me this much at your own pace, when it's paid off I'll expand it for you. Take your time". He gives you an infinite zero interest loan

Animal Crossing hard mode: Nook gives you an adjustable rate mortgage tied to the volatile Stalk Market.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Macaluso posted:

What, don't you guys have Switches?

I think I'm the only goon who's reading this thread, generally keeping up with it, who doesn't have one yet. I plan on getting one when I can (one income right now, so it's definitely not in the budget until that situation changes), but until then, Nintendo-related news is really the only videogame news I give a poo poo about.

I liked Nintendo just fine before, but with two kids, you learn to appreciate the hell out of them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
We finally got some news on the Zoids game. It's called Zoids Wild: King of Blast, and will come out in Japan in February

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

asecondduck posted:

Yeah, it's not at all clear that Google Play Movies purchases are also streamable through YouTube. It's handy, though, as pretty every smart TV/streaming box/game console has YouTube but like none of them have a GPM app.
Sorry to continue this derail, but I'd just like to say that I never knew this as I'd never thought to check the Purchases section of YouTube. Definitely good to know, though!

He oversees a bunch of local monopolies (including family-owned ones) and ensures a lack of competition. He's corrupt af.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hes not as bad as the villagers that approach you and force you to buy their worthless crap for literally all the money youre carrying at the time

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think I'm the only goon who's reading this thread, generally keeping up with it, who doesn't have one yet. I plan on getting one when I can (one income right now, so it's definitely not in the budget until that situation changes), but until then, Nintendo-related news is really the only videogame news I give a poo poo about.

I liked Nintendo just fine before, but with two kids, you learn to appreciate the hell out of them.

I was making a diablo joke friend :ssh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqjVdPtB9lU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The existence of people worse than Nook does not excuse his blatant corruption.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This game is

Having played it this weekend with a buddy, it's like old school gauntlet in a way.
It's good fun and perfect for pick up and play sessions.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I love the fumbled grasping attempt at a save at the end with "Do you guys not all have phones?!", like that's the problem they have with it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think Animal Crossing on Switch should have a hard mode where the villagers are all total demanding assholes like they were in the GameCube one and Resetti emotionally abuses you to no end like god intended

Augus fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 12, 2018

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What's local coop like on D3? Can you use single joycons?

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

Hold up, so purchases on Google play show up on the YouTube app? Do rentals do that too?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DetoxP posted:

Hold up, so purchases on Google play show up on the YouTube app? Do rentals do that too?

You can rent films directly through YouTube, no GPM needed. Again, Google is really bad about publicising that film rentals and purchases are available on YouTube, and that your "library" is the same and shared on both apps. Renting through GPM will make the film available on YouTube as well.

However, you can't rent directly through the Switch app--you have to pull up the film's page on your PC or phone, rent it there, and then pull it up on the Switch either through your purchases page or just by searching for the movie.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Nov 12, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mods can we change the thread name? I named it for Halloween

How about

Nintendo Switch: I guess I should be thankful

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

How about

In falcos voice of course

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:stare: There is a Road Rash-alike on the eshop and apparently its really good (based on Steam reviews and actual reviews). Has anyone tried it?

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/road_redemption

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Eagerly awaiting The Conduit 3

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

How about

Halloween is going until December 31st this year

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:rip: Standard def Netflix

https://www.polygon.com/wii/2018/11/11/18085282/wii-netflix-channel-shut-down-date

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Switch to Netflix’s Basic plan to recapture that sweet SD streaming nostalgia.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I know people whom still use this. Too bad

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I've been making some more progress in Dark Souls lately, and I can really see why it's so highly regarded compared to the other two, at least from a world design pov. Felt like a bigshot opening the pass between Firelink and the lower Undead Burg.

I just cleared the Depths last night. I've been careful about not running headlong into stuff so when I found that section with all the basalisks I managed to kill them all without getting cursed. There's some good items down there too. A friend of mine saved me some time when I was about to go down into the gaping dragon's arena by pointing out where the shortcut back to the depths bonfire was. The Dragon itself was surprisingly easy. Only took a few trys to understand it's patterns. It seems a lot like the Last Giant in DS2, where you want to fight unlocked so you can see all of its super obvious tells that are a lot less obvious when you're fighting locked.

Anyway, I guess it's Blighttown is next. I know a bit about this place, so I might head back to dark root garden to get some more blooming purple moss. I've already mucked around over there a lot, so getting some more shouldn't be an issue.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What's local coop like on D3? Can you use single joycons?

There are single joycon controls that mostly work fine once you know the couple button combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Finally, a release date for US release of Liar Princess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERTGFHaV1Bk