Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Hyoped to be playing, this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Some of the feats are really funny in this, I like this one that requires you to be nice to everyone you're supposed to asassinate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game will unlock in approximately 22 hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Taking a nap at 9Pm to get ready.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

im trying to think of other non-looping, untriggered events in 1 and i can only really think of the guy in Hokkaido getting the helmut face surgery, he travels from the resort area to the surgery area and never comes back

Honestly I feel like both of those probably just have a trigger that it's hard to avoid hitting, given the rest of the game. I guess it's kind of moot whether they do or not at that point though lol. It's one thing I didn't like much and I remember io saying this game would behave more uh independently I guess

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its nice that diana announces the race progress

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

goferchan posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1060942167433048064

Lol the Steam gold version is available for $70 today, that's a deal

thanks for this

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

goferchan posted:

Some of the feats are really funny in this, I like this one that requires you to be nice to everyone you're supposed to asassinate

Lmao i was thinking while playing that level there should be a hitman game where you help people instead of kill them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Hugman

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

HORMELCHILI posted:

Lmao i was thinking while playing that level there should be a hitman game where you help people instead of kill them.

a straight up adventure game would be rad. something like a yakuza game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Agent 47 has never killed anyone.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Agent 47 has never killed anyone.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hitman-goty-legacy-pack/c1g7pjrnd95c

Not sure if it's a bug or what but the Legacy Pack that unlocks all the Hitman 1 content is currently free on Xbox. Apparently even if you don't own Hitman 2 you can still download this and use it to play the Hitman 1 maps from the Hitman 2 launcher? I don't really understand but hell its worth a shot. Xbox stay winning

edit: Yeah it lets you play the prologue mission of Hitman 2 and all the Hitman 2016 content for free. drat !

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
This game looks so sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game doesnt unlock until noon tomorrow. gently caress off

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

This game doesnt unlock until noon tomorrow. gently caress off

Just on steam. Pcucks btfo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Just on steam. Pcucks btfo

Enjoy your 3 minute load times :smugbird:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

*cant hear you over the sound of my PS4's fan so I just stare at the loading screen smiling*

edit: even without an SSD i'm happy to report console load times are easily cut in half from Hitman 2016 though

goferchan fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Nov 13, 2018

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I had no idea this was out already and am downloading it now. I saw the location names for the first time and am so hyped

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

*cant hear you over the sound of my PS4's fan so I just stare at the loading screen smiling*

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

I thought about this more and it should be a Ghost Trick sequel

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I had no idea this was out already and am downloading it now. I saw the location names for the first time and am so hyped

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1062253984944189440

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol I've seen him smile that is terrifying

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

jfc

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

goferchan posted:

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I haven't really messed around with the remote EMP device yet and I can't figure out what the application would be for it. Leave it on the ground and let a civilian find it, have them turn it in to a guard at a security station, then detonate it to take out the cameras? Kind of cool but I feel like there have to be more tricks than that, and I'm pretty sure you could use a concussive device to do all that AND knock people out. I'm wondering if it can be used in conjunction with machinery to cause environmental kills anywhere or something

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

I haven't really messed around with the remote EMP device yet and I can't figure out what the application would be for it. Leave it on the ground and let a civilian find it, have them turn it in to a guard at a security station, then detonate it to take out the cameras? Kind of cool but I feel like there have to be more tricks than that,

If that's all it is it'd be a godsend in Bangkok

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I think I read that guards will pick it up and it will electrocute whoever grabs it so you could theoretically put it in the right spot and walk away and just wait if your target was a guard say in a contract or escalation

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

I think I read that guards will pick it up and it will electrocute whoever grabs it so you could theoretically put it in the right spot and walk away and just wait if your target was a guard say in a contract or escalation

That's how the new taser mines work but EMPs are a different unlock, I believe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

If that's all it is it'd be a godsend in Bangkok

Just had violent flashbacks to doing SASO on that level

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm going back right now playing through all the legacy missions so I'll give it a shot there

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Sapienza, they put a guard in front of the camera tape machine in the lab, just standing there staring at it 24/7.

You can still just crack open the door and shoot it as he stares at it, but it's a nice thought.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Am I crazy or could you destroy the virus in sapienza by shooting a stalactite? I can't find it anymore

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

goferchan posted:

That's how the new taser mines work but EMPs are a different unlock, I believe

oh my bad

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

Am I crazy or could you destroy the virus in sapienza by shooting a stalactite? I can't find it anymore

you can, its still there

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

you can, its still there

Yeah I found it , I forgot you had to go around behind the containment unit :tipshat:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

Yeah I found it , I forgot you had to go around behind the containment unit :tipshat:

you can also gently caress with the controls in there to get francesca to investigate, and drop it on her and the virus at the same time

it takes forever for her to get down there tho so its just a fun novelty and not really useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

you can also gently caress with the controls in there to get francesca to investigate, and drop it on her and the virus at the same time

it takes forever for her to get down there tho so its just a fun novelty and not really useful

I got mixed up because I hadn't played in 2 years and went down there before killing her (misremembered her being in the lab for some reason) and after dropping the virus they called her down to check it out and I killed her with another stacelite ftw. Now time for Morocco which I'm not looking forward to..... I never played any of the bonus missions or patient zero though so that will be cool