Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I know Mario Party is joycon only, but is it single joycon per? Or does each person need a pair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
This thread was right about the Pro Controller. The size, weight, analog sticks, and d-pad couldn't feel more comfortable.

My only gripe is the lack of analog triggers, but that's more of a system-wide decision.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective Peek at You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1roy4o4tqQM

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I got an email about this, my sister was using my old Wii for Netflix (with my account) for quite some time. I'm not sure whether she still is or not, I should probably check!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo those cg pokemon are hideous lmao

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wait they're actually making a Detective Pikachu film?!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

jivjov posted:

I know Mario Party is joycon only, but is it single joycon per? Or does each person need a pair?
Everybody needs one

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

looks like a decent fan film

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
big day for video game movie previews

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1061964566282813440

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I've never played a Monster Hunter game, and still, I can and can't believe that THIS is the direction they're going in.

Wow.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I hope the Rathalos wins.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Holy poo poo the Pokemon look awful

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've never played a Monster Hunter game, and still, I can and can't believe that THIS is the direction they're going in.

Wow.

According to the plot summation, the army people fall through a dimensional portal into the Monster Hunter world. And eventually run out of bullets for their army guns so they have to use Monster Hunter weapons

So we still might get Milla Jovovich in Kirin armor swinging a Great Sword around

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What's local coop like on D3? Can you use single joycons?

It's pretty slow and clunky at first, especially if you've played the PC version, but it's fantastic once you get a hang of the menus and all that. Only one player can have their inventory/skills/shop menu up at a time so everyone else just has to wait. There's menu-less controls to do some of that but they take some extra learning. Also pretty confusing at first is that there is still "instanced" loot, each item that drops has a player number next to it so regardless of who picks the item up, it goes into that pre-assigned player's inventory. Oh and every player has to have their own Switch profile, and each profile behaves like a separate account (so everyone has to upgrade their own crafting levels independently for example), and if you want to play online co-op every account needs to have the online subscription, so just be aware of that.

The button layouts for the menus with a single joycon are really stupid. Like just checking and equipping items is annoying, the button input to actually equip an item is click+hold the analog stick then hit the up button. Aside from that though, a single joycon works perfectly fine for actually playing the game, you do have to use motion controls to dodge but it worked 100% of the time when I tried it so can't really complain.

The screen is very busy in general in co-op as you might expect, we found turning off player names and life bars help a lot. Once you get rolling and everyone's gotten used to their controls, it all works great.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Willo567 posted:

There's something weird going on because half of people say this and another half of people including myself think they look amazing. Even from people who don't care about Pokemon I'm seeing them on both sides

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Can't wait to watch this on a plane someday.

Willo567 posted:

Honestly what could've they done? I kinda like the stylized "realism". It's clearly fake, but the cartoonish style lets you more easily accept it. If they went hyper-realistic I think it would've been very unsettling. We accept the beasts in Jungle Book for example because we know what that should look like.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wow.

You didn't think Capcom could afford an all CG movie, did you?

Honestly, why they didn't just go the anime route like Pokemon is beyond me; they already have a series.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

It's funny cause i like how they all look except Pikachu. He looks too beatup and fluffy\furry compared to the others.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

There's something weird going on because half of people say this and another half of people including myself think they look amazing. Even from people who don't care about Pokemon I'm seeing them on both sides

makes sense to me, it's kinda on this weird edge of the uncanny valley so it'll hit some people more than others

some shots look totally fine to me but others give me a real yikes feel. at the very least it's more visually interesting than i was expecting, which could get my butt in the theater by the time it's out

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Wow.

There's actually almost slight precedent going by really old fan theory. I don't think they'll follow it, but one long term idea is that the game is actually post-apocalypse and the monsters were biological weapons at one point in history long forgotten but are now just the ecosystem. That's why you're always finding ruins, and the best tools to fight the monsters are monster-part weapons.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Looks good to me :shrug:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

while the animation is lovely and Pikachu is quite charming.. I really hope that the movie won’t be overly dominated with the first 151 pokemon. The game was incredible in that aspect, with so many different mons, but so far the trailer is filled with gen 1

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/JoshuaYehl/stat...3D79%23lastpost

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

a.lo posted:

while the animation is lovely and Pikachu is quite charming.. I really hope that the movie won’t be overly dominated with the first 151 pokemon. The game was incredible in that aspect, with so many different mons, but so far the trailer is filled with gen 1

did you not see all the Greninjas?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

a.lo posted:

I saw at least Greninja and I think the floating puff seed Pokemon in there

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Most people are only nostalgic for the originals. Everybody tried to catch all of them, and after the second game the idea of catching all of them vs. just the ones you like became prohibitive. For example, I haven't played since Ruby and I guarantee you there are more Pokemon I've never seen than those I have. Seeing Mr. Mime gave me little nostalgia pangs that I wouldn't have had from seeing... I dunno, the one that looks like a keychain

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There's a boufallant in the early crowd shot, some pachirisu in the alley/food stall scene, and morellul here:
https://i.imgur.com/PHHMQkF.mp4

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
although I do agree that if Garbobor isn't in the movie I'm gonna demand my money back

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

You didn't think Capcom could afford an all CG movie, did you?

Honestly, why they didn't just go the anime route like Pokemon is beyond me; they already have a series.

There have been at least 3 CG Resident Evil movies made recently

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Okay, it's more like they're a little unsettling to me

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
More puppets in movies, if you ask me.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the pokemon look weird because they're just the cartoon designs with "realistic" textures which really doesn't mix well imo

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There's a boufallant in the early crowd shot, some pachirisu in the alley/food stall scene, and morellul here:

Not sure if this looks more or less weird than Alita. Alita is supposed to look kinda weird at least.

edit: Totally gonna see that dumb movie tho

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

Not sure if this looks more or less weird than Alita. Alita is supposed to look kinda weird at least.

edit: Totally gonna see that dumb movie tho

Way less horrible than Alita

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Are there any news about Sega Ages Phantasy Star? I've seen websites claiming it comes out in the US and Europe in November 2018, but also one claiming it comes out in the US/Japan on 31st October and in the EU "to be announced"

Does this mean the EU won't get this game?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The latest info we got is on the 15th.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

bowmore posted:

my gf doesn’t really play video games but she said she was bored so I gave her my switch with stardew and she’s been playing for 6 hours now...

I gave my wife a switch with stardew in June and she didn't play any other game on it until October, and that was only because she wanted to see what this "Monster Hunter" thing I was obsessing about was. She's now addicted to MHGU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

what is wrong with pikachu