Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CommieGIR posted:

It was Junior Prom photos.

yeah. i'll be overlyoptomistic and say these are a bunch of dumb loving privledged shithead kids who will grow out of it. i was into dumb edgy troll poo poo at that age and i grew out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Deified Data posted:

Besides being a huge congregation of chuds, does anyone actually know what's going on here?

Surely not a school-related activity, which tells me this is more of a chud hangout than a reason to jump to the conclusion that kids are getting more racist.

the photographer apparently thought it would be a great picture for the male junior class to sieg heil on a spur of the moment thing, according to the account by the guy in the upper right who is not really happy about this situation

squibble
Sep 30, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

The kids are white supremacy

The Kids Are All White

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
They were probably all just stretching their right arms at the same time, guys, don't read so much into it :rolleye:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i'll be overlyoptomistic and say these are a bunch of dumb loving privledged shithead kids who will grow out of it. i was into dumb edgy troll poo poo at that age and i grew out of it.

You threw the Bellamy salute around unironically?

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Flip Yr Wig posted:

His temporary replacement would be appointed by a Republican governor and his elected replacement wouldn't get seated until the next December.

Yes but my point was that sacrifice would only be necessary if Trump has already been defeated. I doubt Brown's the one to do it, but defeating an incumbent President is going to be difficult, especially if as seems likely, Trump fails to attract a primary challenger, and trading a Senate seat for a year would easily be worth it.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Deified Data posted:

Besides being a huge congregation of chuds, does anyone actually know what's going on here?

Surely not a school-related activity, which tells me this is more of a chud hangout than a reason to jump to the conclusion that the whole class is racist.

The twitter thread goes into details about it. It's a prom photo, at a school which apparently has a rampant racism problem that's gone unaddressed or even encouraged by administrators.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DynamicSloth posted:

Yes but my point was that sacrifice would only be necessary if Trump has already been defeated. I doubt Brown's the one to do it, but defeating an incumbent President is going to be difficult, especially if as seems likely, Trump fails to attract a primary challenger, and trading a Senate seat for a year would easily be worth it.

Trump doesn't have a viable map without Ohio.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

The biggest young republican I knew in high school figured out he was gay in college and is now one of the most awesome leftists I know. Shame them please, but also realize people are idiots when they're young and can learn.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

The biggest young republican I knew in high school figured out he was gay in college and is now one of the most awesome leftists I know. Shame them please, but also realize people are idiots when they're young and can learn.

I mean, being a loving moron as a teenager is a given. Nazi salutes, not so much.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CommieGIR posted:

You threw the Bellamy salute around unironically?

gently caress no. i was just a dipshit who bought a plastic guy faux mask and wasted time on troll IRCs. these kids are loving shits and i hope they get ruined. i just hope some of them learn from it

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

DynamicSloth posted:

We're going to need unified control of government to get anything done, and there is no tighter margin than the Senate. It's impossible to know how equivalently likely different candidates are to defeat Trump, but I believe there are others at least equally likely to defeat him. Assuming that is the case, then another candidate would be a better option for that reason.

I'm not saying he should stay out of the race, and depending on what the primary field looks like by Super Tuesday, I may very well vote for him, but the Ohio seat should not be treated lightly.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
That guy was told to make a Nazi salute and he did the 'ok' sign instead.

Just a joke guys :smuggo:

I think doing the 'ok' sign might be even worse somehow, because there's no question that they're genuine white supremacists.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 12, 2018

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Crow Jane posted:

I mean, being a loving moron as a teenager is a given. Nazi salutes, not so much.

If I had a picture of myself throwing the nazi salute, my grandpa would have hit me with his cane. There's no excuse, especially while half of them are also using the :discourse: sign as well.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I'm sorry but when I was in high school (98% white) these types of poo poo heads still had to hide. We need to get back to that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/MikeStuchbery_/status/1062033663142125568

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Google Butt posted:

According to that thread, people are already passing that photo around college recruitment networks and one college already responded in that thread lmao

It's ok, Liberty University will use it as a reason for admission

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wisconsin is just a really racist Minnesota.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah I'm not giving these assholes that much credit. As much as I went through a Libertarian Just World phase in high school, I'm not sure "Oh that was my Nazi phase, you know..." is all that common. Certainly was not in my case, I'm an OG Nazi hater.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This chart should scare the poo poo out of republicans.

https://twitter.com/kgyp/status/1062042122029817856

quote:

Political scientists attribute this to women placing more of an emphasis on social welfare issues like health care and child care, which generally align with the Democratic Party, whereas men are more concerned with issues like taxes and national security.

gee u think it might also have something to do with Republicans being the pro-rape party of rapists and pedophiles???

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I'm in no way justifying their actions and I think its much more terrible than tragic, but the environment they're in seems toxic as gently caress if this kind of thing doesn't draw any attention from local adults. They should leave before they rot there, which is why I think its probably wrong to try to get them denied to colleges. Most of the people that stayed in the lovely white suburban hell I grew up in are still garbage people, its not a great place to learn about racism.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Hollismason posted:

True facts.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Hollismason posted:

which is amazing because minnesota can get pretty fuckin racist still

vvv e: gently caress

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 12, 2018

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
What's the odds of dipshit throwing shade on Stan Lee now that he's dead?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

..sorry, what's the message here?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This chart should scare the poo poo out of republicans.

https://twitter.com/kgyp/status/1062042122029817856

Lol at these loving graphs. Who the hell puts time on a descending y-axis? The NYT is a gigantic waste

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Fulchrum posted:

17 year olds are really easy to capture and behead

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fulchrum posted:

Doing a racism is better than not doing a racism.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fulchrum posted:

That instead of being little loving nazi shits at that age *HURR HURR LOOK HOW EDGY WE ARE HURRRRR* that kid fought the Nazis and paid the ultimate price.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Flip Yr Wig posted:

We're going to need unified control of government to get anything done, and there is no tighter margin than the Senate.
That's also assuming they shitcan the filibuster January 2021, which is a longshot with current Senate Democratic leadership.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Your Taint posted:

Every time! Every goddamn time, it's this thread!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fulchrum posted:

Every time! Every goddamn time, it's this thread!

Regarding what?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want to thank the Sensational Stan Lee for working hard to make me the first two Spider Man movies. Good relationship even though Jewish. So is my daughter! - Donald Trump

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
ARIZONA WENT DEMOCRAT! A WOMAM DEMOCRAT! AN ATHEIST WOMAN DEMOCRAT! AN ANTI-GUN ATHEIST WOMAN DEMOCRAT!!!

TRUMP HAS DESTROYED THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND MADE DEMOCRATS STRONGER THAN EVER.

DEMOCRATS WILL RULE FOREVER MORE!

FLORIDA WILL GO DEMOCRAT!

GEORGIA WILL GO DEMOCRAT!

WE ARE WINNING!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Your Taint posted:

I could be wrong and he'll mention it, but this just seems like a way to talk about Stan Lee in this thread.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

"You're supporting a group that had zero problem torturing and beheading a boy your age."

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
"HEY GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE loving AWESOME? THE SIEG HEIL! LET'S ALL DO IT 'IRONICALLY' FOR THE PICTURE! EVERYONE WILL KNOW WE'RE JUST 'FUNNING ABOUT!'"

I graduated from high school in 1993 in a little corner of deep red racist-as-gently caress NW Florida, and I can say with 100% certainty you would have gotten your loving rear end whipped raw for doing something like that.

I've been warning my own students about the real-world consequences of "ironically" supporting Nazis online. I'm hopeful these dipshits get to be the public example of why you don't even jokingly claim to be associated with the most evil regime since the Southern Confederacy.

"Hey hey guys, I'm with the dudes who are all about racial genocide, isn't that edgy and fun! Hey hey, 'just kidding!'"

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
“Racism and bigotry are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today," Lee said. "But, unlike a team of costumed supervillains, they can't be halted with a punch in the snoot or a zap from a ray gun. The only way to destroy them, is to expose them — to reveal from the insidious evil they really are." - Stan Lee, always a badass.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

That's also assuming they shitcan the filibuster January 2021, which is a longshot with current Senate Democratic leadership.
I dunno, between the abuse of reconciliation and removing the filibuster on SCOTUS nominees, I think it's effectively dead anyway.

We'll see if Schumer pulls the trigger on killing the legislative filibuster when the Democrats have a second bill they want to pass. No reason to do it if they don't take the Senate, keep the house, or win the presidency.

Edit: or, you know, get a second bill together. ACA took up a lot of time.

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol at these loving graphs. Who the hell puts time on a descending y-axis? The NYT is a gigantic waste

NYT does a lot of dumb poo poo, but a descending timeline on a scrolling website is fine especially since it frees up the X axis to visually reflect the left/right shift.