Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Everyone needs to stop using Queenbreaker until I get one thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

My titan runs about 7.28” and your mom says the same

I don't have a mom, I was assembled from spare parts outta an abortion bucket in a whorehouse basement.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

My titan runs about 7.28” and your mom says the same

Hey now.

This is 2018.

We need to move past your mom jokes to your dad jokes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We're getting close to 2019, should we start talks to determine what formerly bad thing is now good for the coming year?

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

BlindSite posted:

2 grenades with mods is so helpful for area denial or pushing. I really hate using anything else tbh.

It's why I'm always tossing up between inmost and alpha lupi. Lupi is definitely better for comp.

Speaking if which got the HC kills done last night, hoping to crack out the solar ones tonight and be done with this dumb quest before Friday.

Holy poo poo I'm the Doomguy with this build

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

We're getting close to 2019, should we start talks to determine what formerly bad thing is now good for the coming year?

We actually had a pow-wow about this last night. It's Being Retarded that's good now.

This is the hot new meme template

And this is the new "dab" gif when you post a real zinger

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Getting massively owned by a guy responding that he has more chromosomes than me, and I’m like “drat”

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

CheeseFactory posted:

Off the top of my head 1 mobility mod (and a bonus mobility point from traction boots).

2 nade mods and.... 2 recovery mods. Something like that. I run 0 super mods as the striker super is rear end and id rather have more nades which are very useful. As is the shoulder charge.

Getting Titan recovery boots with traction is the ticket, as they roll with 0 resilience and can spec for 4 mobility (with mod) and 1 recovery!

And yeah my smugglers word is the tits. 0.8 second body ttk at medium-close range. Tiny but mighty.

What exotic armour do you use? I'm PC so Dunemarchers helps with skating but I always wanted to goof around with Inmost Light.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eej posted:

What exotic armour do you use? I'm PC so Dunemarchers helps with skating but I always wanted to goof around with Inmost Light.

He runs lupi which gives you health on shield drop and sometimes whomever is beside and behind you. It's really good.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Eej posted:

Alpha Lupi.

It does a lot of nice things. Nothing flashy but very reliable. I like it more than one eyed mask.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm addicted to cold heart in crucible right now. Toe to toe I can out shoot LH/NF and the kill range is easily the same distance of something like Bygones. CH's extra ooph is nice on killing supers too. shame I gotta wait a year to get my mitts on the void one. Lens doesn't really do it for me tho. the nearly maxed out stab on ch is just aces

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Now if only there was something one could do about the ammo situation.

Other than yelling at teammates to leave all green bricks for you.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Witness.....

https://youtu.be/kjwEf8c1SvA

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

BlindSite posted:

He runs lupi which gives you health on shield drop and sometimes whomever is beside and behind you. It's really good.

CheeseFactory posted:

Alpha Lupi.

It does a lot of nice things. Nothing flashy but very reliable. I like it more than one eyed mask.

Cool thanks, I might pull it out of collection and see how I like it.

Titan exotics are kinda boring or super gimmicky. Assuming I could get any Forsaken ones! :shepface:

e: I say this and my Gambit daily gives me One Eyed Mask so I guess bitching works

Eej fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 13, 2018

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Lupi is really good just because it gives you a chunk of health back immediately and that throws people off.

I haven't taken it off since... Season 2?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Insane Totoro posted:

Lupi is really good just because it gives you a chunk of health back immediately and that throws people off.

I haven't taken it off since... Season 2?

Yeah it's pretty nice in situations where an enemy has you absolute health.

And then you can pop around the corner pop shield and by the time they come racing you you're at full health behind a shield and they've already committed to the fight

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I got a kill in Gambit from wildly missing with telesto and dying and then the guy who killed triggered the explosion trying to pick up the motes off my corpse.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

People need to realize you can shoot Telesto's Pop Rocks and they explode, just like shooting a tripmine. Clear the way, nerds.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just got an enhanced linear targeting stormlock helm, new gambit loadout gonna be crispy

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah it's pretty nice in situations where an enemy has you absolute health.

And then you can pop around the corner pop shield and by the time they come racing you you're at full health behind a shield and they've already committed to the fight

This is literally how I own the other Moana men in private matches.

Also, Luna Howl is extremely Last Word/sidearm feeling and.... It's as if a hand cannon was good!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I desperately need to find a team for next season to grind up to 5500 cause the range in Luna's is just no good especially when you see dudes with NF doming people from Ace range.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Eej posted:

I desperately need to find a team for next season to grind up to 5500 cause the range in Luna's is just no good especially when you see dudes with NF doming people from Ace range.

I just got Luna's (well I will have at reset) and you will not take this from me <:mad:>

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Nova Warp + Nezarec Skin + tracking nades makes it so you basically always have melee and grenade and with a bunch of super mods you can do Nova Warp every 2.5 minutes. HTH guys

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

I just got Luna's (well I will have at reset) and you will not take this from me <:mad:>

Glory bonus? Yeah, my buddy and I finished grinding his out last night, ended him up at 2074 after starting at like 1500.

Hell, not even my gun and I get a sense of accomplishment from it lol

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Dumb question here: I'm at 2082 glory so the welfare glory will tick me past fabled on reset. Do I need to play a match for it to register for lunas? I don't want to take any risks here.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

Dumb question here: I'm at 2082 glory so the welfare glory will tick me past fabled on reset. Do I need to play a match for it to register for lunas? I don't want to take any risks here.

It should pop up in orbit.

e: I'm in the same boat and that's what I read on a Reddit post somewhere at least. Let us know how it goes, I won't be on until tonight and I'm curious.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 13, 2018

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Just play a match post reset?

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
Serious non-shitpost question: Am I crazy or does PVE enemy health and damage swing wildly in Gambit matches? I'll go in and just murdertown, and next game it takes a ton of shots to kill a normal red bar and everything is chewing me up.

I'm trying to determine if it's just the difference between teammates and if one person does not do their job the adds build up fast, but it seems like the same amount of enemies.

Also I don't know how they programed ammo drop rates, but that needs to be looked at again. I don't need or even expect it to rain purple, but I should not go 5 minutes without a brick of green in PVE.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

hippieman posted:

Serious non-shitpost question: Am I crazy or does PVE enemy health and damage swing wildly in Gambit matches? I'll go in and just murdertown, and next game it takes a ton of shots to kill a normal red bar and everything is chewing me up.

I'm trying to determine if it's just the difference between teammates and if one person does not do their job the adds build up fast, but it seems like the same amount of enemies.

Also I don't know how they programed ammo drop rates, but that needs to be looked at again. I don't need or even expect it to rain purple, but I should not go 5 minutes without a brick of green in PVE.

They said something very weird about this during the gambit bungie bounty stream yesterday. They said that the challenge of the activity (enemy health, enemy damage) is intended to be dynamic and has a unique difficulty scaler similar to a Nightfall, and that there are no "Hidden Modifiers" in gambit but the scaling does change to provide a Dynamic Experience.

No one has a clue what they meant.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So basically, yes, pve poo poo in gambit will randomly just be in curbstomp mode and you won't be able to one punch kill cabal dogs or whatever.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No one has a clue what they meant.

We may not know the specifics but we did confirm through the stream that there is health amount fuckery going on between rounds like we all suspected. So getting absolutely destroyed by a t1 red bar in round 2 is less of a mystery and to have your wits about you.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

We may not know the specifics but we did confirm through the stream that there is health amount fuckery going on between rounds like we all suspected.

Or between waves?! Or set randomly before the match starts???

Who the hell knows! Everyone on the stream knodded their heads sagely at Deej's description while chat exploded with "wait what please elaborate"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

We may not know the specifics but we did confirm through the stream that there is health amount fuckery going on between rounds like we all suspected. So getting absolutely destroyed by a t1 red bar in round 2 is less of a mystery and to have your wits about you.

But sometimes poo poo in round one is mega bullet spongy too.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Insane Totoro posted:

Just play a match post reset?

Oh yeah I guess the math works out where that's risk free. Good call. I'll still check to see!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

From encountering poo poo like that while leveling I had been wondering if level advantage being on in gambit had some kind of effect on the enemies, so I'm at least glad that doesnt seem to be the case. Still, gently caress bungie.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I have a guy at 600, two in the high 500's, all three have completed the story, I've played every game mode reasonably extensively, and I still don't have the Chaperone quest :argh:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

kecske posted:

I have a guy at 600, two in the high 500's, all three have completed the story, I've played every game mode reasonably extensively, and I still don't have the Chaperone quest :argh:

did you accidentally delete it maybe? check the cryptarch for abandoned quests. my alts all have dup exotic quests in there i bailed on because i did them on my main

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
So today we will be able to do another meaningless step in this multiweek meaningless quest?

"Go to the EDZ and ate a tortilla. Wait a week for next step".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tei posted:

So today we will be able to do another meaningless step in this multiweek meaningless quest?

"Go to the EDZ and ate a tortilla. Wait a week for next step".

Is this not the final week of the quest?