Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

i'm excited for pikachu to make dirty jokes

Give her the shocker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

OniPanda posted:

Skateboard games died with Skate 3. There's not really been anything since Skate 3 or SSX (I haven't played Steep but it's not really the same type of game). Session might revive skateboarding games, but it's Xbox/windows and it's highly possible that it'll suck.

Skate 3's glitch videos are probably the funniest I laughed at a game in a long time, before or since. I miss them.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i haven't played a Pokemon game since the Gameboy and that Detective Pikachu movie looks loving great

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kurtofan posted:

i'm excited for pikachu to make dirty jokes

There’s probably already a million tweets dubbing Deadpool lines over Pikachu.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I guess it was only a matter of time, but dataminers doing their thang on HiRez data found hints that SMITE might be coming to the Switch at some point.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Gripweed posted:

either Jigglypuff is furry all over or Jigglypuff has a trunk. Your rules, not mine.

jigglypuff is like a person; naked and pink except for pink hair

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Unmature posted:

Is the Pool Panic single player good?

I heard it was mediocre. Which disappointed me, because I was hoping and maybe even expecting to hear it was decent-to-good.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Quaelaag wasn't so tough. Bout to go to Sen's Fortress though, so I guess Im not too far from fighting team big boi

Edit: the gaping dragon was cool af, nothing in ds 2 comes close. It looks like a bloodborne boss

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

Edit: the gaping dragon was cool af, nothing in ds 2 comes close.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I guess it was only a matter of time, but dataminers doing their thang on HiRez data found hints that SMITE might be coming to the Switch at some point.

I don't know if SMITE is actually any good, but I do know I sunk a lot of hours into it and would sink even more if it was always in arms reach on a separate device.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

drat, i forgot about that one

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Okay yeah, creep factor is definitely up there with DoS

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

what are the odds of Dark Souls 2 SotFS ever coming to switch?

i am just havin' a dang blast playing through DS1 again and it's reinvigorated my love of the series

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

PSYDUCK IS A MAMMAL AND IT DOES NOT HAVE FEATHERS

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

what are the odds of Dark Souls 2 SotFS ever coming to switch?

i am just havin' a dang blast playing through DS1 again and it's reinvigorated my love of the series

Depends on how DS1 remastered does on the Switch I guess. I'd be real tempted to get Scholar again

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey folks?

Moonlighter is hella good.
The game loop is a little like Monster Hunter.

You go into the randomized dungeons (like Isaac), kill stuff, take their loot and see how far you can get before you run out of bag space or health.

You then sell that stuff in your shop to fuel upgrades and the town as a whole to make your adventuring easier and more profitable.

I haven't even finished the first dungeon and I'm 100% hooked.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Greninja's scarf has always been a gross concept but...when you can see the taste buds...

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Beastie posted:

I never saw Jigglypuff as covered in fur. I assumed it was just like a big balloon of skin.

Is Kirby covered in fine hair?

Wigglytuff at least has always been described as furry

Gold Their fur feels so good that if two of them snuggle together, they won't want to be separated.
Silver It has a very fine fur. Take care not to make it angry, or it may inflate steadily and hit with a BODY SLAM.
Crystal The rich, fluffy fur that covers its body feels so good that anyone who feels it can't stop touching it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Inzombiac posted:

Hey folks?

Moonlighter is hella good.
The game loop is a little like Monster Hunter.

You go into the randomized dungeons (like Isaac), kill stuff, take their loot and see how far you can get before you run out of bag space or health.

You then sell that stuff in your shop to fuel upgrades and the town as a whole to make your adventuring easier and more profitable.

I haven't even finished the first dungeon and I'm 100% hooked.

Was gonna ask, but apparently there's a new game+, will grab this soon.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

OniPanda posted:

Skateboard games died with Skate 3. There's not really been anything since Skate 3 or SSX (I haven't played Steep but it's not really the same type of game). Session might revive skateboarding games, but it's Xbox/windows and it's highly possible that it'll suck.

Folks on the discord answered with "Crayola Scoot" (with the ringing endorsement "i actually hear it's not all that bad") and "Hover" which is descended from Jet Set Radio. I'll take a look at those, would appreciate any other thoughts on the genre.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Insanely proud that my cameo made it into the trailer

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Unmature posted:

Is the Pool Panic single player good?

i was disappointed by it, i like physics games and pool but the controls were awkward and it wasn't that fun overall

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Zore posted:

Wigglytuff at least has always been described as furry

Gold Their fur feels so good that if two of them snuggle together, they won't want to be separated.
Silver It has a very fine fur. Take care not to make it angry, or it may inflate steadily and hit with a BODY SLAM.
Crystal The rich, fluffy fur that covers its body feels so good that anyone who feels it can't stop touching it.

I'm not protesting, I'm clearly wrong.

What I'm having trouble with is 20 something years of thinking about it a certain way and now the reckoning is upon me.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Weedle posted:

So those are what, horns?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wow the new Cubone is hosed up

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Rolo posted:

So those are what, horns?

Mime Antennae.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it puts up about as much a fight as gaping dragon too

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

:thunk:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Weedle posted:

So, is it now canon that no pokemon wears clothes, but that's strictly their body structure/skin/horns/etc.?

Goons, help- I'm having a crisis now that I'm thinking through the ethical ramifications of exploiting bipedal humanoids for combat sport. :psyduck:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 13, 2018

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

JawnV6 posted:

Folks on the discord answered with "Crayola Scoot" (with the ringing endorsement "i actually hear it's not all that bad") and "Hover" which is descended from Jet Set Radio. I'll take a look at those, would appreciate any other thoughts on the genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUl6pYVZV9A

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

So, is it now canon that no pokemon wears clothes, but that's strictly their body structure/skin/horns/etc.?

Goons, help- I'm having a crisis now that I'm thinking through the ethical ramifications of exploiting bipedal humanoids for combat sport. :psyduck:

why does being bipedal or humanoid matter?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sawk and Throh definitely are wearing clothes. Hitmonchan has fleshy boxing glove hands (how does he type with those things)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Sawk and Throh definitely are wearing clothes. Hitmonchan has fleshy boxing glove hands (how does he type with those things)

I have bad news for you about those pokemon

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/lesbianismtime/status/1061792969316012033?s=21

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

why does being bipedal or humanoid matter?

Dog owners aside, non-sentient creatures don't wear clothes.
And in the show, pretty much only Pokemon that walk upright have anything approaching clothing (Machamp's trunks, Mr. Mime's clown/harlequin costume, etc.)

(Yes, I know there's episodes of Pokemon where they're all subtitled and they're all roughly as intelligent as human kids, and I've read Animal Farm)

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I'm not buying a second Switch until Nintendo announces whatever the first inevitable hardware refresh will be. Not doing it to me again, Nintendo. Not dropping $299 on Switch 1.0 to have them announce "Switch 1.5, now with a better screen, better kickstand, 50% more battery life and 2GB more RAM!, also it's cheaper!".

Imagined fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 13, 2018

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Imagined posted:

I'm not buying a second Switch until Nintendo announces whatever the first inevitable hardware refresh will be. Not doing it to me again, Nintendo.

Nintendo 2witch

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can't tell if I like the cgi in detective pikachu or not.
like one second I look at it and I'm like "hey that looks pretty good" but then I look again and it's like "ehhh I dunno..."

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think I might buy a Pro Controller.

I will probably want one for Smash as I am currently trying to play Bayonetta 2 with Joycons and it is... suboptimal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think I might buy a Pro Controller.

I will probably want one for Smash as I am currently trying to play Bayonetta 2 with Joycons and it is... suboptimal

The pro is a very good controller and it has some sort of magic battery technology that I wish the PS4 controllers shared