Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

He deflated both ships before stuffing one into the other, so the outer ship covered the inner ship like paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Stairmaster posted:

who was driving the boat

The orangutan, duh.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Expect My Mom posted:

the virgin shonen manga
- gets on a boat and stays on it for years at a time

the chad jojo
- gets on a boat, has a fun boat puzzle and will get off it next week

okayasu might just punch a couple of dudes instead of the puzzle

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"If there's a problem that can't be solved with violence, you aren't hitting the right people hard enough." - Okuyasu probably

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

exploded mummy posted:

okayasu might just punch a couple of dudes instead of the puzzle

okayasu would have solved the situation in a similar way, but have been been derived for sinking a boat

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
man I don't think I have ever felt the legally distinct name difference thing harder than when Bruno clearly shouted "Sticky Fingers"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Sticky Fingers/Zipper Man just sticks out as really egregious when most of the time there seems to be a greater attempt to make the new name at least resemble the original one. Crazy Diamond vs Shining Diamond, Gold Experience vs Golden Wind, etc.

Zipper Man just feels like they let an intern make one new name and it happened to be a main protagonist stand.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The part 5 stand translations are probably the worst in all of Jojo

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Sockser posted:

The part 5 stand translations are probably the worst in all of Jojo

I guess it's all downhill from here then? Because Zipper Man aside, the rest so far seem tolerable.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

man I don't think I have ever felt the legally distinct name difference thing harder than when Bruno clearly shouted "Sticky Fingers"

next week was promising the debut of "six bullets" which is either a really literal description of mista's stand or the actual name which is something

also I did bother to pause the intro and there are 6 bullets numbered 1 through 7, with no 4, so that answers a question you had from a week ago

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

next week was promising the debut of "six bullets" which is either a really literal description of mista's stand or the actual name which is something

also I did bother to pause the intro and there are 6 bullets numbered 1 through 7, with no 4, so that answers a question you had from a week ago

Six Bullets is both a boring name and a fairly clever pun on the real name.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Shining Diamond really is the gold standard of name changes. It preserves the reference and still sounds good

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
You can hear the actual name in the PV, but Six Bullets is indeed a name change from Sex Pistols.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Shining Diamond really is the gold standard of name changes. It preserves the reference and still sounds good

Especially since there's "Shining Justice" in the intro.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Checking Spotify tells me that "Zipper Man" and "Six Bullets" are at least real song names, so they have that going for them at least.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I watched a bunch of reaction vids when DiU was airing and even some of the people who were familiar with the comic had said "Shining Diamond" by mistake a few times. It fits well and sounds nice.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It's a shame they turned down my proposal at the meeting that day, I Want You To Finger Me. They told me it was too long, even if it did clarify the relationships between the characters.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
mold experience
sticky toes
hugh jazz
sex penis
bearosmith
purple vape
lice girl
crimson kong

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

anime thread

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ChaosArgate posted:

Checking Spotify tells me that "Zipper Man" and "Six Bullets" are at least real song names, so they have that going for them at least.

Why even change them then

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Do they change names preemptively just in case someone thinks of suing? I mean, names like Foo Fighters are one thing, but come on, Sticky Fingers? Who is gonna claim that?

Also, change it Zipper Man to Zippy Fingers

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Kurtofan posted:

Why even change them then

Presumably so that they can claim that they're too generic to infringe on copyright.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Honest Thief posted:

Do they change names preemptively just in case someone thinks of suing? I mean, names like Foo Fighters are one thing, but come on, Sticky Fingers? Who is gonna claim that?
The famous band The Rolling Stones, and their triple platnium album, Sticky Fingers

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That album cover literally has a zipper on it, come on buddy

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

That album cover literally has a zipper on it, come on buddy

Oh yeah the dick cover album. I always forget that was its actual name and not "the one with Warhool 's bff on the cover"

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 12, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Why they went with Six Bullets and Not Six Pistol is anyone's guess

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Six Shooter

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

One of the games had Sex Pistols just called Pistols, I believe

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

I catch myself calling it that by accident sometimes, it really does work

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Six Pistols would have worked really well.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Perhaps “love gun”

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

penis gun

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Augus posted:

Six Shooter

this is a new one that I think sounds really good, and it's a song off the album cover from my really low res avatar

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Six Minions

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Honest Thief posted:

Oh yeah the dick cover album. I always forget that was its actual name and not "the one with Warhool 's bff on the cover"

No that's No Love Deep Web.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Sex Pistil

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
gently caress Guns

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Bang-Bang

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

goddammit I have to photoshop this now once the episode comes out and everyone is gonna hate me for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Happy