Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What kind of cocoon are you in right now?
This poll is closed.
bitterness and resentment 501 25.13%
the one from Final Fantasy 13 275 13.79%
buttered mess of resent mints 159 7.97%
TRUEMP 126 6.32%
the liberal media bubble 273 13.69%
hell 660 33.10%
Total: 1994 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

yaaas throw shade biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Perlmutter also facilitated a series of conference calls with senior executives from Apple. VA officials were excited about working with the company, but it wasn’t immediately obvious what they had to collaborate on.

As it turned out, Moskowitz wanted Apple and the VA to develop an app for veterans to find nearby medical services. Who did he bring in to advise them on the project? His son, Aaron, who had built a similar app. The proposal made Apple and VA officials uncomfortable, according to two people familiar with the matter, but Moskowitz’s clout kept it alive for months. The VA finally killed the project because Moskowitz was the only one who supported it.

Moskowitz, in the joint statement, defended his son’s involvement, calling him a “technical expert” who participated in a single phone call alongside others. “Any development efforts, had they occurred, would not have involved Aaron or any of us. There was no product of Dr. Moskowitz’s or Aaron’s that was promoted or recommended in any way during the call,” the trio said. “Again, none of us, including Aaron, stood to receive any financial benefit from the matters discussed during the conversation — and any claims to the contrary are factually incorrect.”

Moskowitz had more success pushing a different pet cause. He has spent years trying to start a national registry for medical devices, allowing patients to be notified of product recalls. Moskowitz set up the Biomedical Research and Education Foundation to encourage medical institutions to keep track of devices for their patients to address what he views as a dangerous hole in oversight across the medical profession. At one point, the foundation built a registry to collect data from doctors and patients. Moskowitz chaired the board, and Perlmutter’s wife was also a member. Moskowitz’s son earned $60,000 a year as the executive director, according to tax disclosures.

Moskowitz pushed the VA to pick up where he left off. He joined officials on weekly 7:30 a.m. conference calls in which officials discussed organizing a summit of experts on device registries and making a public commitment to creating one at the VA. In an email to Shulkin, the VA official in charge of the project referred to it as the “Bruce Moskowitz efforts.”

When the summit arrived, on June 4, Moskowitz and his son did not attend. It’s not clear what role they will have in setting up the VA’s registry going forward — their foundation has shut down, according to its website, and Moskowitz’s son said he’s no longer involved. But in his opening remarks at the summit, Peter O’Rourke, then the acting secretary, offered a special thanks to “Dr. Bruce Moskowitz and Aaron Moskowitz of the Biomedical Research and Education Foundation” as “driving forces” behind it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/beeeej05/status/1062196217390731265

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Admiral Ray posted:

this doesn't sound cool at all tbh

poo poo's gonna get much worse once he's actually sworn in

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

lol, looks like Kemp pulled a Texas and went so obviously hard on illegal suppression that even a conservative court told him to gently caress off

what all happened

Rhetoric-o-Tron
Jan 5, 2009

by Pragmatica

Man they're going to be bummed out about the Daily Caller business in the RU probe.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

get out of here biden!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

where do they keep getting these people

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

this doesn't sound cool at all tbh

give the death squads a chance

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lol yeah i wanna have some coffee with and listen to a person ranting about how we got to shoot up the jews to stop the migrant caravan because Q commands it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i say we give bolsonaro a chance to lead

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

:hmmyes:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

i say we give bolsonaro a chance to lead

who's the brazillian shaq

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i like that schumer's imaginary family enjoys chinese food but not the super ethnic chinese food. there's some lines they won't cross when they're walking on the wild side.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nichael posted:

i like that schumer's imaginary family enjoys chinese food but not the super ethnic chinese food. there's some lines they won't cross when they're walking on the wild side.

and by that i mean i want to die :woop:

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Are u parker molloy

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Holy poo poo Nancy is so woke now

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nichael posted:

their favorite chinese place is pf chang's but it's kind of expensive and far away so usually they just get panda express

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nichael posted:

get out of here biden!

joe o'biden will never get out

in fact i hear he is running for president or something dumb like that

good luck you old geezer :)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

also schumer is literally defining the "norm" as an american straight, white, irish, and christian couple in a country that is (supposed) to be a testament to the strength of diversity.

and he's doing that from the position of senate leader of the "leftist" party lol

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Bert Roberge posted:

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1062197580405268480

QAnon using the almost same strategy as Bitcoin enthusiasts to keep morale up.

Repeating a mantra to reduce my cognitive dissonance and own the libs.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

That cop that "got drunk " and murdered that black guy in his own apt may be getting charged with murder

https://mobile.twitter.com/theroot/status/1062157108743933952

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

That cop that "got drunk " and murdered that black guy in his own apt may be getting charged with murder

https://mobile.twitter.com/theroot/status/1062157108743933952

i thought it had been well established that that guy was no angel and also had weed in his apartment, which the cops discovered after searching his apartment after he was shot to death in the doorway

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

please meet me for coffee MAGAMama1488. I find your repeated use of the hashtag #WWG1WGA on tweets about white genocide fascinating, and i would love to bridge the divide

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
democrats are gonna use Sinema as an example for the upstart progressives that won't keep their unreasonable mouths shut

https://twitter.com/bdomenech/status/1062177064344866817

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
good job posting everybody! way to go!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

boroda posted:

thanks pal couldn't have done it without you

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

boroda posted:

thanks

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nichael posted:

schumer is an extremely precocious 9 year old

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

what if we invested 5 minutes a day to drink the blood of our enemies

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

:shuckyes: :ese:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

schumer's glasses, but also his voice

it's all wrong

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

democrats are gonna use Sinema as an example for the upstart progressives that won't keep their unreasonable mouths shut

https://twitter.com/bdomenech/status/1062177064344866817

Everybody who voted with him more than that lost despite being incumbents lol

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Bert Roberge posted:

Before I scrolled down to see the full picture I thought you were talking about the top cat and the rope.

that's where she's going to hang the megadonors!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:yooge: Then when the nations of the world turn to us and say, “America, you are the model of freedom and prosperity.” We can turn to them and say, “you ain’t seen nothing, yet!" UNNN UNNNNNNNNNNNNNN UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhetoric-o-Tron posted:

Has someone already brought up that Fox News hasn't tweeted in three days. Nor has Rudy. Or NatEnq. Or Wikileaks and Matt Drudge deleted all his tweets and unfollowed everyone?

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/BWilliams/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Ben Domenech married Meghan McCain, so I would just immediately ignore anything he says ever

• Locked thread