Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
So I just noticed you seem to be able to slot lenses into K-Drives? Mines not level 30 yet, so I can't check, but can we convert sick nasty energy into anime power? Probably has absolutely terrible rates compared to everything else, but more ambient focus generation is always nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

So I made a post awhile back about having trouble staying alive, and I figured it out. Corpus? Infested? No problem. It's those drat Grineer slash procs that keep getting me. Now that I know I can't just flip around in front of a bunch of heavy gunners and expect to escape unscathed, I'm having much less of an issue. It seems using cover against hitscan enemies is important sometimes.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Sikreci posted:

So I made a post awhile back about having trouble staying alive, and I figured it out. Corpus? Infested? No problem. It's those drat Grineer slash procs that keep getting me. Now that I know I can't just flip around in front of a bunch of heavy gunners and expect to escape unscathed, I'm having much less of an issue. It seems using cover against hitscan enemies is important sometimes.
The Rapid Resilience mod can help with the slash procs, since it reduces the overall length by 75%. Goes great with preventing Toxin damage too.

Later on, there's a spoiler mode you can unlock and using the spoiler mode during the slash procs will buy you time while the procs run down.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

There are also a number of frames with abilities that clear or make them immune to status effects, which is a great way to deal with them too.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
As Oberon I just stand there and laugh in their faces as I heal faster than anyone can damage me

Oberon was one of the first frames I built after Rhino, and the Prime version was the first frame I bought off trade chat. And now, at the endgame, its the frame I've come back to play most. Strong, tanky, helps friends, and generally passive enough that I can focus on enjoying the gunplay. And I'm proud to say I've finally solo'd the teralyst, and just need to work on figuring out more efficient methods for him to tackle the other two.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

"Excalibur was the first."

And is still the first, in my heart.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Later on, there's a spoiler mode you can unlock and using the spoiler mode during the slash procs will buy you time while the procs run down.
You mean it's not just a gimmick for killing eidolons? I guess I should spend a little more time getting to know myself.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
So apparently Mesa is going to be a december Prime drop.

That should be fun.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

While in spoiler mode your frame is immune to any and all damage, unless it has some passive ability active in which case it takes 10% damage for every passive or duration based ability still active on the frame. Some frames have to consider this, some don't. An Ash, Mag, Nidus, etc. never have to think about it and can always hit 5 and just stay in that mode for the duration of whatever slash or toxin proc is on the frame. Then swap back in, the dot is gone and you've taken no damage.

E: Mesa better be next, she's in line for it and also the best.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

equinox should be after mesa and then it'll be a tossup between wukong and atlas as the next two after her

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

FunkyFjord posted:

While in spoiler mode your frame is immune to any and all damage, unless it has some passive ability active in which case it takes 10% damage for every passive or duration based ability still active on the frame. Some frames have to consider this, some don't. An Ash, Mag, Nidus, etc. never have to think about it and can always hit 5 and just stay in that mode for the duration of whatever slash or toxin proc is on the frame. Then swap back in, the dot is gone and you've taken no damage.

E: Mesa better be next, she's in line for it and also the best.

That said, actual warframe passives do continue applying. If you're in Very Deep poo poo and even Nidus's passive heal (or even his active zone of healing) isn't going to be enough to save you in the immediate future, spoiler mode and stay hidden for a bit. Pop back in, and you should be good to go.

I am convinced that properly weaving spoiler mode into the normal gameplay loop really is ideal for high end content, as you have the ability to have an on-demand invulnerability mode for yourself, as well as an extremely high (if short lived) mobility movement option, as well as the ability to perform a few extra tricks that can be handy on extremely tough enemies.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao wukong prime.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao wukong prime.

to be fair there's like a 99% chance he'll have been reworked by the time that happens. he's already on their shortlist of frames that need attention.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Mesa Prime is going to be everywhere. I should probably start saving up void traces now to try and sell Mesa sets on trade chat asap.

I really dislike the base Mesa skin and most of her other skin options outside like...Devil Ranger. So hopefully Mesa Prime looks rad.

Equinox I have no idea about because I've only seen one in the wild like...twice, and I have no interest in running Tyl Regor enough times to build regular Equinox. The art for her deluxe skin was rad though, so maybe I should look into it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Equinox is an amazing frame because the 4 stores all damage done in your power radius and either uses it to restore shields and health, or unleash it all as slash damage.

I think I've got a 50 m radius of death that shreds everything around Equinox. And it smashes crates too for easy stars.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Mesa Prime is going to be everywhere. I should probably start saving up void traces now to try and sell Mesa sets on trade chat asap.

I really dislike the base Mesa skin and most of her other skin options outside like...Devil Ranger. So hopefully Mesa Prime looks rad.

Equinox I have no idea about because I've only seen one in the wild like...twice, and I have no interest in running Tyl Regor enough times to build regular Equinox. The art for her deluxe skin was rad though, so maybe I should look into it.

Equinox is pretty cool, but her main issue is she does so many different things it's hard to tell what you should be doing at any given point. Most builds revolve around picking a few of her abilities and just using them, but that makes it feel like they should have just made more than 1 frame instead.

It'd be nice if there was a rework, but I doubt it since she's functional as gently caress.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

equinox is like a butch/femme alliance who functions as a wizard that does weird things and i'm curious as to what her prime will look like. part of me kind of wishes for a slight brushing up of her kit because it's a bit all over the place but if nothing else she's a fun curiosity that you can build into an outright murder machine like a lot of things in warframe.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
That sounds awesome but also seems like it could get boring quick. I have Saryn Prime, and it was an incredible feeling of power that very quickly started to feel stale and now I pretty much only use her when I'm farming focus. Might not be for me then, I tend to prefer frames that have a more utility kit but still require more active involvement.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Cinnamon Bear posted:

That sounds awesome but also seems like it could get boring quick. I have Saryn Prime, and it was an incredible feeling of power that very quickly started to feel stale and now I pretty much only use her when I'm farming focus. Might not be for me then, I tend to prefer frames that have a more utility kit but still require more active involvement.

Equinox would still be up your alley then, you'd just build around sleep and her other abilities and not bother with her 4. She needs the augment for sleep build, though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

One side is all gold, and the other side is all porcelain.

She's got some amazing utility abilities too.
The base one is a toggle btween the two, giving a slight buff.
2 can snooze enemies or make them take more damage.
3 debuffs enemies or empowers your team
4 heals or kills.

She's really fun.

Also I learned that the snooze power can be used to capture animals for conservation without a tranq. :v

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

she can definitely be built in all sorts of directions, her biggest issue is that she gets very easily split up in terms of what you focus on over other things. she's really good at the things she CAN do but you might not see her often because people might just choose a more inherently focused frame over her.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Alright, I guess I'll go visit Tyl Regor after I finish grabbing Titania.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I finished 5-formaing a Catchmoon kitgun with max fire rate and minimum reload times/high crit. It's basically an arca plasmor machinegun with almost 0 reload downtime and absolutely shreds everything.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I kind of wish her 4 was something more interesting, like a way to fuse her other powers together so she does both things at once, but that’s a huge rework and probably won’t happen. Duality is a really cool concept, but they just decided duality meant “two things instead of one” and she’s kind of a mess for it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Alright, I guess I'll go visit Tyl Regor after I finish grabbing Titania.

be warned: it's a cool fight but the amount of pieces needed can be frustrating

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:nice:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Is Chroma good? I like the concept of elemental damage and picking it based on the color, and his Prime looks sick, but for all I know he is terrible.

(the first frame I ever max ranked was Limbo :ssh:)

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Chroma takes a lot of forma and rare mods to reach his full potential but if you like being a nearly invincible bastard what does 8x damage all the time, yes, yes he is good.

He's not really about the elemental damage though, he's mainly a gun platform. 2 and 3 are the useful skills and 1 and 4 are situational at best, or a complete waste of energy, depending on who you ask. That said, with the right mods and fire energy color 2 is a giant self heal and 3 gives you so much armor and damage, between the two you can laugh off everything in the game.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 13, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

chroma is very useful but most of his use comes from using his 2 and 3 skills to just crank up the damage he does with weapons massively and becoming much harder to kill. he's solid all around because of that but sort of boring at the same time for the same reasons. personally i like using his 4 depending on the game mode but it's not enough to make me want to crack him out super often.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

hee hee hee

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Aww, I've already forma'd my Mesa a couple of times, guess I'll have to do it again for prime. That said, the Marlet Skin (devilcop) is absolutely top tier fashionframe. It's only downside is that it doesn't really synergize well with attachments.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think there's a lot of cool utility that could be pulled off with chroma if you play with different elements and actually buff your range to help your team out but at the end of the day it'd be just minor tinkering around with what are just 2 buffs that do vaguely-related things. he's super utilitarian and can survive well in a lot of situations but after a point i've started wanting more engaging kits in frames that i play over anything else.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Equinox is the best frame in the game for any content sub lvl 20. By far.

Enter mission. Press 4. Walk to the exist. Do 98% of the damage because some dude managed to shoot something once.

I am not exaggerating:

With that said - it's not exactly a "thrilling" frame to play when built like this - but if absolute efficiency is what you are after - she can't be beat in low tier.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Didn't they say they were going add something to Plains so you didn't have to return to Konzu for new bounties, like Fortuna?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Where'd that cat glyph come from!

Also Chroma's 4 is so freaking dull

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Roman posted:

Didn't they say they were going add something to Plains so you didn't have to return to Konzu for new bounties, like Fortuna?

it's a thing they're planning. it probably won't come for a couple weeks, i'm sure. they're working on the post-fortuna update to add stuff like the orb fights and more or less do a '1.5' kind of thing, so for all we know it might be included in that.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Where'd that cat glyph come from!

https://www.warframe.com/promocode?code=LILLEXI

Not sure if it still works

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Is this game trolling me? I'm on a solo excavation mission, I've completed 6 digs and the enemies keep leveling up to higher and higher levels, and it keeps giving me dig after dig, site A-F then looping back around to A. What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
excavation is an endless mission type, like survival or defense. you can leave after the first one or stay as long as you want. after the first A you'll get an extraction waypoint, head over that way when you're done.

i did the exact same thing the first time, just kept digging until i got overwhelmed and ran out of lives.