Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Manga/Anime a comic book?

Well Ryan Reynolds is in it so it's probably a comic book movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1roy4o4tqQM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don’t know what the hell I just watched but I think I love it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently part of the Westworld set burned down as well in this fire.

Paramount Ranch wasn't just Westworld. It's been in like 500 movies and television shows, and had been used all the way back as far as Gunsmoke. We literally lost a piece of film and television history from this fire.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tbh I'm not thrilled at Reynolds doing the va but I'm still gonna see it so whatever

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh man RIP Stan Lee

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gently caress

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The last two years of his life were so drat sad, losing his wife and then all the abuse and legal issues with his caretakers. I’ve never been a big Stan Lee fan, but at least he seemed to mellow in his old age and start to give credit where it was due.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does anyone have one of those Warlock cocoons laying around?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gonna be weird seeing those already filmed cameos years after he's passed

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Yeah I expect it will be.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I kinda hope they just stop using those from now on. Have a big nice tribute for the guy at the end of Avengers 4, and then just move on.

Post-humous representation is...always weird.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

site posted:

Not as bad as the first film where he's altogether absent. :(

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

I kinda hope they just stop using those from now on. Have a big nice tribute for the guy at the end of Avengers 4, and then just move on.

Well I mean, everyone knows that's one of the reasons he did them ahead of time. The movie stuff seemed like some of the only joy he got kin the last years of his life so it would kind of be a shame to shelf that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Timby posted:

Paramount Ranch wasn't just Westworld. It's been in like 500 movies and television shows, and had been used all the way back as far as Gunsmoke. We literally lost a piece of film and television history from this fire.
Right, it’s a long used set which sucks

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd like to think that Jack was waiting for Stan at the gates, gave him one good solid sock in the jaw and said "Ya know ya earned that" and then lead him inside to see his wife and everyone else who preceded his passing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rhyno posted:

I'd like to think that Jack was waiting for Stan at the gates, gave him one good solid sock in the jaw and said "Ya know ya earned that" and then lead him inside to see his wife and everyone else who preceded his passing.

And then Stan hosed her right in front of him

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

And then Stan hosed her right in front of him

Okay I was being serious that I hope he's in a better place so congrats on being a weird creep?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Okay I was being serious that I hope he's in a better place so congrats on being a weird creep?

That's just normal in the afterlife.

Couple sex just anywhere, anytime.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rhyno posted:

Oh haha, yeah I see you were referring to Stan Lee's wife, I thought you were saying Jack took him to Jack's wife.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oh haha, yeah I see you were referring to Stan Lee's wife, I thought you were saying Jack took him to Jack's wife.

Oh! Guess I should have been a bit more clear.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BrianWilly posted:

Maybe something like the Kirby tributes in Superman TAS and JLU but let the man rest for a while.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They'll probably do like they've done in the Netflix series; have Stan's face on posters and flyers everywhere in the background.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Ditko and Flo are there too.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

If Heaven isn't just one big 70's style key party, just send me to Hell.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Eh, they’ll probably bring him back in a couple of issues anyway.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Phylodox posted:

They'll probably do like they've done in the Netflix series; have Stan's face on posters and flyers everywhere in the background.

Alternately, CGI-cameo him into every Marvel movie until the end of time.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Xenomrph posted:

Alternately, CGI-cameo him into every Marvel movie until the end of time.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
So the last living cameo was in teen titans.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CommaToes posted:

Venom

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

drat, that sucks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nah it was good.

Though the cameo was bad, him encouraging Eddie to keep pursuing a girl that has moved on

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

CommaToes posted:

Marvel probably pre-filmed some, it was known they were doing that last year. I'd expect there to be cameos filmed for Capt. Marvel and Spider-Man 2

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Avengers 4 is going to end with a "Dedicated in memory of Stan Lee" and I'm going to break down.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Samuringa posted:

Avengers 4 is going to end with a "Dedicated in memory of Stan Lee" and I'm going to break down.

No they'll start the movie off with a tribute.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Stan Lee is going to beat up Thanos

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
He uses the power of the gauntlet to become Stanos.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Samuringa posted:

There'll be a speech dedicated to honoring those who couldn't be saved, and it'll be a not-so-thinly-veiled commemoration of Stan. Then it'll show a statue of Stan Lee as the last thing in the movie.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Dan Didio posted:

Eh, they’ll probably bring him back in a couple of issues anyway.

Thank you for this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

There'll be a speech dedicated to honoring those who couldn't be saved, and it'll be a not-so-thinly-veiled commemoration of Stan. Then it'll show a statue of Stan Lee as the last thing in the movie.

No the last thing will be the statue falling on Drax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

All future cameos will be James Gunn in Stan make up

• Locked thread