Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

wikipedia posted:

A gamergate (/ˈɡæmərˌɡeɪt/) is a mated worker ant that is able to reproduce sexually

Ok that’s plenty for today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/1061864358635077633

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Besesoth posted:

Meanwhile, despite much stamping of feet and gnashing of teeth by the alt-right, Wikipedia's article titled "Gamergate" continues to be about ants.

I was legit confused when I was an ant page that had a link and was like no that can't be real. That has to be alt right shittery trying to push people to their side but...but no it's actually a real thing and not even a new term.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Welp, just found a cure for heterosexuality.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

EvilGenius posted:

I think the worst thing about that is that English speakers made a conscious decision to settle on the ISIS translation, knowing full well that there were countless businesses, products and people named that already, despite there being alternatives that aren't in widespread use. What was ever wrong with ISIL? :shrug:

The West should've used Daesh when talking about them.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
There was a poor hippie lady in a Tercel covered with Isis bumper stickers and one hand-written sign saying “it’s the goddess, not the terrorist group”.

At some point it must become more trouble than its worth.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
"It's the band, not the goddess"

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
"It's the car by Toyota, not the band"

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The new Toyota Proud Boy line of pickups.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This is from a ways back but I want to know how this explains why they're afraid of vacuum cleaners.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Like every other cookie cutter article about how lovely kids are "these days" it makes me wonder: Am I supposed to believe that children were ever not entitled, selfish, impatient, etc?

We're talking about children here. What, were 3rd graders walking around in the 1950s with business suits on saying "please" and "thank you" to their peers and adults? Booking meetings in the sandbox to go over their little 401k's?

I mean, it was shared by my middle aged Chud mom in a sea of conservative memes so I'm sure it's just reassurance that all these educated youths don't know what they're talking about. So basically the same reason every other generation does this weak poo poo.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Weatherman posted:

"It's the car by Toyota, not the band"

"It's the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' album, not the car."

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Grimdude posted:

Like every other cookie cutter article about how lovely kids are "these days" it makes me wonder: Am I supposed to believe that children were ever not entitled, selfish, impatient, etc?

We're talking about children here. What, were 3rd graders walking around in the 1950s with business suits on saying "please" and "thank you" to their peers and adults? Booking meetings in the sandbox to go over their little 401k's?

I mean, it was shared by my middle aged Chud mom in a sea of conservative memes so I'm sure it's just reassurance that all these educated youths don't know what they're talking about. So basically the same reason every other generation does this weak poo poo.

Yeah, children just kind of can't help being little pricks. Their brains aren't all there and from what I've read there are arguments that it's a survival mechanism. Even so, especially with toddlers, the parts of the brain that do higher functioning stuff literally aren't there. You could probably make arguments that our culture that encourages narcissism and worships sociopaths isn't helping but, well, kids are selfish because they just kind of are. Granted another side of it is that in the past we actively encouraged beating kids into compliance and ruling the house with fear. Children being better mannered back when is partly true but it's partly because they were afraid to do anything else.

In any event pretty much every "ugh, kids these days...we were perfect, why can't they be us?" is just utter nonsense. Just like the "well things were better when I was a kid" arguments conservatives just love. Of course things seemed simpler and better when you were a child you were a literal child at the time and weren't equipped to handle the complexities of the real world.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Grimdude posted:

Article seems to blame parents for their kids being lazy, disorganized, picky eaters, suicidal, etc. I mean, I totally could see chud parents at fault for having a hosed up kid, no arguement there.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Those articles are just brain dead elderly people attempting to interpret the increasingly unambiguous effects of capitalist alienation and their misfiring neurons jump directly to "lazy kids!!" because the American discourse demands a narrative of personal accountability for things like growing up in a hellish world of privation, loneliness, and failure with only like an iPad to comfort you while mom works her other jobs third shift/overdoses on fentanyl in her bedroom/whatever

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Grimdude posted:

Meanwhile, literally every time I have gone to a restaurant over the last 3-4 months, we have been seated next to some baby boomer blasting a lovely video (50% of the time literally Fox News) on their phone with no headphones and treating the waitress like poo poo.

But please, tell me more about how it's the drat MillenialsTM that are lovely and entitled.

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe
Kids are awful, but it's all the parents fault, so I'm gonna hate on the kids regardless because reasons.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1062154534271672320

Friendship over with Ice T. :smith:

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
That guy should eat a dick.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

you eat dick

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Do Boomers even know what Millennials are? I feel like everyone under the age of 30 gets lumped in that category when older Millennials are rapidly approaching middle age.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Krispy Wafer posted:

Do Boomers even know what Millennials are? I feel like everyone under the age of 30 gets lumped in that category when older Millennials are rapidly approaching middle age.

According to the employee survey my company sent out they counted 18-38 millennials so it's literally "young people we don't like"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

T-man posted:

you eat dick

My dick-eating days are long behind me.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

es ist mein teil

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe
My brother started to show me that Simon Sinek 'Millenials' video on his phone. "This guy makes some good points."

I very nearly un-brothered him right there.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Didn't see pre-record a bunch of them they could use for many movies to come?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

When I die I want myself digitally edited using CGI cameoing in every movie, with the most high quality, perfect illegal copies. Where the subtitles have been added, and spell-checked, where every single frame has been reedited and touched up by an AI. The best possible version of a movie. And then I will release it onto every file sharing and piracy platform, activating viruses that replace other versions of movies with my own. There will be no digital copies at all that are not mine.

And in every great movie, no matter what, I walk in, say "movies are dumb" and walk out.

I expect human extinction 10 days after my death.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Zesty posted:

Didn't see pre-record a bunch of them they could use for many movies to come?

Since he only says one line each time they could probably just deep fake his face and voice onto another older actor's body and nobody would notice because he gets five seconds of screentime instead of being a major character like Tarkin in Rogue One.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah, children just kind of can't help being little pricks. Their brains aren't all there and from what I've read there are arguments that it's a survival mechanism. Even so, especially with toddlers, the parts of the brain that do higher functioning stuff literally aren't there. You could probably make arguments that our culture that encourages narcissism and worships sociopaths isn't helping but, well, kids are selfish because they just kind of are. Granted another side of it is that in the past we actively encouraged beating kids into compliance and ruling the house with fear. Children being better mannered back when is partly true but it's partly because they were afraid to do anything else.

In any event pretty much every "ugh, kids these days...we were perfect, why can't they be us?" is just utter nonsense. Just like the "well things were better when I was a kid" arguments conservatives just love. Of course things seemed simpler and better when you were a child you were a literal child at the time and weren't equipped to handle the complexities of the real world.

Corporal punishment doesn't make kids afraid to do stuff, just afraid of getting caught.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Ed coming in with the “I apologize for everyone else not getting my very subtle joke”
https://twitter.com/edkrassen/status/1062020862948360193?s=21

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Ed coming in with the “I apologize for everyone else not getting my very subtle joke”
https://twitter.com/edkrassen/status/1062020862948360193?s=21

Ah yes, that very famous and common joke that prison showers are bad because they wash away spray tans

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Grimdude posted:

They may well have been polite and quiet, but it hardly lead to well adjusted adults. They started multiple wars, ruined the economy, and elected a fascist (the ONE thing your dad told you not to do), all in enough time to blame their own children for all these things.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

vyelkin posted:

Ah yes, that very famous and common joke that prison showers are bad because they wash away spray tans

While twelve (12) of your enemies look on angrily, but sure as hell don't act on that anger.

vvvv right, that's part of the trope. Twelve (12) naked men look on angrily, because you can't break the law if you're in prison.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 08:19 on Nov 13, 2018

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Acting on it would be illegal.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Geralt wants you to shut the gently caress up now.

Dandelion not you FirstAidKite

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is some next level trolling

http://pfcanimal.tumblr.com/post/176377497324/its-bewitched-antinb/embed

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/Ohheykenny/status/1062229223190880258

You motherfuckers had one job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU