Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Party Plane Jones posted:

ah garrison you are truly the worst

That face with her holding the egg is some serious avatar material.

Also, i'm beginning to see where the Onion got it's parody comics from.

Edit: It's like he was trying to cross Ocasio's face with his depictions of Obama and Michelle. Hell, I swear i've seen Garrison use that same face to depict them in the past. Which is kinda racist as gently caress when you think about it.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Epicurius posted:

Spygate is the conspiracy theory, encouraged by Trump, that the FBI put agents in his campaign to try to get him to lose. Its tied up with the Peter Szrock texts.

The Gang of Eight isn't a particular QAnon term. It's the nickname for the eight people...the Speaker of the House, the House minority leader, the majority and minority leaders of the Senate and the chair and ranking minority members of both the House and Senate intelligence committees, who, by law and executive order, get briefed on US covert activities and sensitive intelligence.

Cool, thanks!

I mean, not cool, extremely stupid, but you get what I meant

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Garrison sure likes to reference movies a lot for a guy supposedly hating on Hollywood.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Avirosb posted:

Garrison sure likes to reference movies a lot for a guy supposedly hating on Hollywood.

are we sure he's not a bitter failed actor like stephen baldwin

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Lol omfg, the man is workshopping dumb poo poo to say over Thanksgiving dinner.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Also, I like how the majority of that Garrison comic is basically making GBS threads on someone who says that they want to save the world but that it's going to cost money to do it.

And then it goes on to equate saving the world with marxism (and by extension being selfish and greedy like the character in the movie that Garrison subbed Ocasio in for. Which...Uh, is exactly the opposite of what Ocasio is about to say the least.) because why the gently caress not when you're that deep down the CHUD hole?

That's kind of a self own on top of all the other problematic poo poo about that comic.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 13, 2018

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1062179841980678145?s=20

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
Yeah, watch out France or Germany will re-invade you...?

Archonex posted:

Edit: It's like he was trying to cross Ocasio's face with his depictions of Obama and Michelle. Hell, I swear i've seen Garrison use that same face to depict them in the past. Which is kinda racist as gently caress when you think about it.
It is, but I think he's going for shrill, doe-eyed naivete, unlike the steel-eyed realism of Ben Garrison, whose endorsed candidates mostly all lost their elections by double digits.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1062331024426913792

:trumppop:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

HobbitGrease posted:

Yeah, watch out France or Germany will re-invade you...?
It is, but I think he's going for shrill, doe-eyed naivete, unlike the steel-eyed realism of Ben Garrison, whose endorsed candidates mostly all lost their elections by double digits.

Including Garrison favorite Shiva Ayyadurai, who garnered a whopping 1.2% in MA-SEN.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I bet that second-to-last son of a bitch has never even taken a single step in Detroit.

I have seen the city go from no traffic 10-12 years ago to being a busy city center again with a ton of buisiness. This chucklefuck has no idea what he is talking about.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
shrimp marxism now

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Wtf. French Wine is vastly superior in every way and is a central piece of their national identity. No loving duh they don't want a bunch of American wine flooding into their markets cheapening what is essentially a national brand of sorts. Jesus Christ this man is so dumb.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

As a professional sommelier this is really upsetting.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

kidkissinger posted:

As a professional sommelier this is really upsetting.

Can you elaborate on how this might affect wine markets if tariffs are put in place? I know it isn't explicitly about wine and more economics, but I figure you have some good insight into the industry and how they might react.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Yes clearly what we should be talking about while suffering national tragedy after national tragedy (one of which is ongoing at this very second).

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

He just really DOES. NOT UNDERSTAND. Like...anything. He understands precisely jack poo poo.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
It will piss off the Kochs. They love buying expensive French wines, real and fake.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
As an Euro let me tell you the pain of yearning for American wine yet not drinking it because tariffs while I sip on this €80 Bordeaux €30 Bag-in-box.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Isn't the major source of American wine on fire right now while Trump taunts their supposedly insufficient forestry practices? Maybe - hear me out here - the Piss President doesn't actually care about the American wine industry?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Friendship ended with Macron, French people are my new friend!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1062333534214520832
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1062333882610171907

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao this idiot fucker thinks France wants to buy American wine. Just :wow: at how dumb that is.

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
News item: noted teetotaler Donald Trump has opinion about French vs. American wines.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
hahahah make france great again

your country guys hahah im sorry but hahahaha

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
For the uninitiated, Trump owns a winery.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

.....no people more...Nationalist....than France. I need a moment to digest this. Holy loving bugnuts poo poo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did Macron ask him to do this as a personal favorite to bump his own approval rating?

And why is France not buying more of our American cheese?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

Isn't the major source of American wine on fire right now while Trump taunts their supposedly insufficient forestry practices? Maybe - hear me out here - the Piss President doesn't actually care about the American wine industry?

funnily enough the french wine industry is built on american roots (quite literally) as american rootstock is the backbone of french grapes thanks to aphids nearly wiping out the industry in the late 1800s

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

lol this bitch

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1062336793998180352?s=21

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Lmao he's really just running amok today, just letting alllll the brain spiders out

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.
Honestly I think I'd take Trump 1000x over a quieter more competent evil - Ted Cruz wouldn't have tweeted out his disgusting thoughts

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Avirosb posted:

And hopefully his grapes are on fire, but the actual plant's just selling his own piss just fine.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

friendbot2000 posted:

Can you elaborate on how this might affect wine markets if tariffs are put in place? I know it isn't explicitly about wine and more economics, but I figure you have some good insight into the industry and how they might react.

Honestly, that's outside of my purview, and he isn't really being clear about what he wants to do. I can tell you that, while some American wine is exceptional, France consistently produces the best wine in the world and the prices on French wine have already been rising pretty steadily due to demand vastly outpacing supply.

It's just a bummer because pretty much all of my favorite white wines come from the Loire :(

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Failed Imagineer posted:

For the most part the wine industry hasn't been directly affected by the wildfires this season. That hasn't been true of every season and probably will get worse in the future though.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Avirosb posted:

Yeah that tweet will inevitably show up in one of the emoluments lawsuits

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

You literally did none of this poo poo; if it was true it would have been the official WH line from the initial moment, not the lie you assholes concocted after a few days of bad press.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

"Out giving a speech at the American cemetery in France memorializing American war dead. They're all just out of frame, honoring too."

Also, :lol: about the Secret Service giving him orders.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

You literally did none of this poo poo; if it was true it would have been the official WH line from the initial moment, not the lie you assholes concocted after a few days of bad press.

My favorite part is this pisspig claiming he piped up to say “no I wanna be there, let’s drive”

The only French homeboy picked up was “tray scoops see voo play”

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Christ, what a whiny bitch. I’m amazed that half this country is too stupid to figure out the spray tanned egomaniac with a combover fears water, particularly when he can’t wear his signature hair protecting hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Lol yet somehow all the other leaders managed to attend. Weird.