Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.

SabinBlitz posted:

WerkWerk was actually macro'ing an alt

Not true. I was watching TV and clicking the button periodically, but yes they're dumb. It is amusing to watch them run around like ants from my secret spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Welp that answered a question I had on whether it had to be a hammer or not, time to ring some door bells

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I don't know what any of that really meant but it sounds fun. Does the performance improve the farther you get from the beach?

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
The game runs solid no matter where you go. The only time I see it start struggling is in 100+ player engagements which are pretty rare considering that's half the server population all gathering in one spot during prime time hours. Usually fights happen all over the place.

Edit: HEMP update - apparently they are so desperate for Azure they even tried to buy off LOD for some. Keep up the good work team!

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 2, 2018

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

working mom posted:

Welp that answered a question I had on whether it had to be a hammer or not, time to ring some door bells

You just can't do it on their circle, but you can def stand around punching walls to bother them, we did it to pull them out of their base during our fight night last night.

EDIT Also:

goon ally posted:

They tried to buy some from us
Likely was an RMT deal
W/ black sun

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 2, 2018

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I'm completely floored that they are spending real money to keep their lovely claim they can't defend.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Sadly the AyZ goldmine has come to an end. He left me with these parting shots.

[6:54 PM] AyZ: you know you are our piece of comedy gold aswell(edited)
[6:54 PM] AyZ: Duck duck duck?
[6:56 PM] AyZ: loving clown

Then he blocked me.

:duckie:

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

SabinBlitz posted:

Sadly the AyZ goldmine has come to an end. He left me with these parting shots.

[6:54 PM] AyZ: you know you are our piece of comedy gold aswell(edited)
[6:54 PM] AyZ: Duck duck duck?
[6:56 PM] AyZ: loving clown

Then he blocked me.

:duckie:

Him and nooras are the real clowns, helping fund our growing starmetal addiction :haw:

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

This is sounding pretty fun. Can grubby euros play yet? I think I signed up to a thing months ago, but never heard anything from Amazon.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Kettlepip posted:

This is sounding pretty fun. Can grubby euros play yet? I think I signed up to a thing months ago, but never heard anything from Amazon.

There's a bunch of euros playing at the moment

Dominus Caedis
Sep 17, 2007
Stupid Noob

Azubah posted:

I don't know what any of that really meant but it sounds fun. Does the performance improve the farther you get from the beach?

If it isn't smooth on the beach (I have this same issue) then it gets hellish as soon as a mob gets involved. I went from 5 FPS to 5 SPF when I encountered my first zombie guy. I was able to kill him by just spamming attack, but it wasn't particularly fun, I'm going to wait until after the wipe to see if they improve performance. For reference, my PC is about 5 years old.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

I'm on a 7 year old rig. I5-2400. 8GB DDR3 RAM. HHD. Gtx 660. I play low quality in 1600x800 window with roughly 50FPS even in small skirmishes.

So we've been doing our most hardcore'est to take down HEMP - we have been keeping that mine down most of the day today. HEMP had to go buy MORE Azure to renew protection. Hilarious. Of course their argument is that if they had more guys we'd be done for etc etc.

So even though the AyZ Salt Mine is now closed. The King Stark Mine is still in full swing.

M2tt and I went over to HEMP base and blew up their mine again. We didn't have to but we decided to run up to the main HEMP base and run around. King Stark obliged us and ran out of his base to fight us. He died and dropped 500 Star Metal Tier 4 ingots. Which is a good sized amount. He then sent me the following PMs.

Stark: in all good faith
Stark: ik it sounds very stupid
Stark: could you give some back
Stark: the government help people right?
Stark: can't be full tax

Even LATER via in game voice chat he very sincerely asked me again if I'd be willing to bring even PART of the ingots back. =( Poor guy. I told him m2tt was offline with them and that I couldn't.

Penguins, super nice guy inside HEMP and I honestly don't know how or WHY he puts up with his leadership, was very sad about losing the ingots too and said he was getting tired of us always coming over and breaking his poo poo. "All I do is come home from work and fix things and then log off knowing it's all gonna get broken again." =( Our entire group feels very sorry for him, he's the only guy in that entire group that is super chill and I would love for him to come play with us.

Oh I almost forgot. Earlier in the day we ran across the douchelord known as MachineX in the game. He's grade A rear end in a top hat and we don't like him. He was found in the far north loaded down with 1000 Orichalcum Ore (Tier 5) and he was SO, SO, SO angry losing that to us. He said he was going to bring 2000 kegs and blow us off the map. We then proceeded, during our lull in blowing up HEMP, to go blow up all his Azure Fissure mines and kill him 3 more times.

Having fun times!

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Nov 4, 2018

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
GluttonySDS here -- I thought it would be funny to share with him, he's a friend from Albion and yea -- he is known to rage in broken english lol.

Good to see goons putting in work here though -- spread the gospel boys.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

HEMP has folded despite their Azure buying prowess have given up and completely abandoned the game under their current company tag. They are now fighting under Novus.

Black Sun took over the claim to spite our victory though and they are now attacking us. JessMoko what the heck man? =p

Walloped
May 27, 2004

SabinBlitz posted:

Black Sun took over the claim to spite our victory though and they are now attacking us. JessMoko what the heck man? =p

I haven't played for a month. Black Sun merged with Parish in Flames a few weeks ago, I argued against the merger for 4-6 hours and called the current lead Ryno everything short of him being a worthless retard so after the merger it was a bit awkward.

The last thing I've heard from them was that you guys were assisting CnD so there's about zero chance of them ever trusting you.

Walloped fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 7, 2018

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

We've only assisted CnD in open world PvP which at times involved Black Sun members. Sometimes we get in PvP with Black Sun just by ourselves in the open world but we haven't touched Black Sun mines and they haven't touched ours. As far as I'm aware they blew up a house on our claim once? No biggie.

Unsure what the beef between CnD and Black Suns is anyways. I can't get either guild leader of both parties to tell me what even started their war. So as far as I'm concerned it's between them.

I am focusing on Novus because they absorbed HEMP and I just want to keep annoying HEMP haha.

Thanks for responding though, sorry you lost interest in the game. Maybe after the wipe you'll come join us 'eh? Supposed to be one around Thanksgiving is the new rumor.

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
Even from the US it says alpha sign up unavailable

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

The Alpha sign up for New World is a little strange. You need to make sure you are LOGGED INTO your Amazon.com account and go to https://www.newworld.com/ and click Sign Up.

Walloped
May 27, 2004

SabinBlitz posted:

Unsure what the beef between CnD and Black Suns is anyways. I can't get either guild leader of both parties to tell me what even started their war. So as far as I'm concerned it's between them.

There's a bunch of horseshit but the two biggest issues: CnD was recorded exploiting to save themselves from being run over by Raged during their war a while back. While Raged tried to get the video to a dev, CnD reported Raged for breaking NDA and a bunch of Raged folks got banned from the alpha. Later on, they tried something very similar against Black Suns, they took a screenshot of a bunch of people standing near one of their alts and tried to play it off as them trapping them for hours in an effort to get them banned.

They just have an interesting habit of instead of fighting ingame to takes someone's claims - they take screenshots and make up poo poo on the forums to get people removed from the alpha.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Welp, Novus is gone. Once again they handed off their claims to someone else- this time it's something called Red Guard, and the only confirmed member is one of the novus poopsockers. The Novus guild leader seems to be quitting(?) and everyone else in novus has been deguilded.

We won~~~

got nothing again

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

I mean. I don't think the group we have playing this game is that "hardcore" but seriously why can't people just admit defeat and let us take their poo poo. I'm tired of this claim shuffling bullshit.

There should be war decing and then something grander like claim wagering or something. Wager a claim and have some kind of event determine a winner and you then win or lose.

Tired of these lame lovely siege mechanics that allow this kind of abuse of just "giving" the claim up after we did all the work to bring it down. Then Black Suns swoop in with their backlog of Azure. Or Novus just handing it off to some other random. Ugh...

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Important News!

There will be a wipe in the next week or so and they will also be sending out more invites. If you've wandered away or still waiting - get ready to enjoy the new content they also said they'd be releasing! They will also be increasing the map size! Woo!

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

SabinBlitz posted:

Important News!

There will be a wipe in the next week or so and they will also be sending out more invites. If you've wandered away or still waiting - get ready to enjoy the new content they also said they'd be releasing! They will also be increasing the map size! Woo!

What new content is there going to be?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

GoGoGadget posted:

What new content is there going to be?

Bigger map, no more alts, hopefully a dang chest fix. Supposedly more creatures are coming this month, I'm not sure if that means new enemies or they're implementing magical creatures as something other than a mining node.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

Bigger map, no more alts, hopefully a dang chest fix. Supposedly more creatures are coming this month, I'm not sure if that means new enemies or they're implementing magical creatures as something other than a mining node.

No alts is a good move on their part. It really screws over new players. Not only are company rosters filled with alts, companies are also unlikely to recruit new players because they fear they are spy alts. And if you can't get into a company you can't experience 90% of this game.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Ugh, I was really hoping to do some spy work with alts and ruin some people's day with thieving and murder

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Also some serious talk - I'm going to step down after wipe as Guild leader. I feel being online for only the evenings PST time for 4 hours isn't an efficient way to run a guild.

I'm still going to play and be committed but I've felt at times that direction and decisions needed to be made but couldn't because of my poor schedule. Also I need to make sure as a single full time dad of two kids I'm still giving them my full attention, which means if something came up with my kids during something important it would hamper overall Guild progress.

I'm unsure how you all would like to proceed but let's discuss. Basically I feel this comes down to who is willing to take on the responsibility and time that being a guild leader entails. This isn't a popularity contest in my mind.

I'm not burning out on the game - far from it. I know people realize that real life comes first and I only wish to give the opportunity to someone that feels they would be able to commit more time to the game if they so choose.

I'm unable to do more than what I've been doing and some may feel that isn't enough attention to a guild/game like this. I'm opening up the table for it to be discussed is all.

Let's tentatively say that if no one else feels the need to step up by the time wipe happens. I'll retain the role and keep on doing my best.

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 9, 2018

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Is there no way to split guild manager duties? Can you just make one guild leader account and share credentials?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I realized that I want to really get into this game a lot, but I don't want to play a poo poo ton during alpha, which is why I haven't been around

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

eonwe posted:

I realized that I want to really get into this game a lot, but I don't want to play a poo poo ton during alpha, which is why I haven't been around

That's sort of where I'm at.

It's hard to get motivated when a wipe is coming too.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

SerCypher posted:

That's sort of where I'm at.

It's hard to get motivated when a wipe is coming too.

Same. Will log more hours once the wipe happens.

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
Fun fact! It was announced a few hours ago that the wipe's happening tomorrow at 10:30 Pacific. In theory it should be up by around noon Pacific.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Wipe Hype Wipe Hype Wipe Hype

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Oh wow, much earlier than expected. Guess I'll be on today.

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
Yeah not sure why they popped it on everyone so suddenly after postponing it repeatedly.

Remember, if you're a new goon just joining with this wipe, do not spend your trade skill points early on until you have an idea of what you want to actually do. You don't need any points in skinning to skin animals, logging to get wood, masonry to get stone, etc. Skill points spent here just give you a little more/better resources. You'll realistically only be able to fill out one of the trade skill lines to its max level. Spend your attribute points so you have enough strength and dex for the melee/ranged weapons you want to use (switch to steel weapons as fast as you can). The rest can be useful to spend in physique to carry more, but you might also want to fiddle with other options.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Are they to the point where they're adding more magic than the healing gauntlets?

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
They haven't posted patch notes for the update happening with the wipe yet, so dunno. I think they'd alluded to adding more creatures or something recently, but who knows what that means.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

The safe bet would be to get str to 12 and dex to 8 I think so you can use iron swords and shields. after that I don't know if constitution in the magic skills are working yet so physique would be the next stat to get into which allows you to carry more on your person and more in your inventory without being weighed down.

We have a plan in place but for opsec reasons we have it on Discord only

whoever wants to be a farmer go ahead and start speccing right into farmer we're going to need you to get hemp crops with pipe weed ASAP

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 13, 2018

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

alpha sign up unavailable

rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

You have to be logged into your Amazon account and click send me alerts about this product on their Amazon web page

eon can you put that on the OP please I get asked that multiple times