Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Poketch is the low point for their compound words, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kurieg posted:

You're fine, the connectivity is to trade pokemon back and forth and IIRC it's not unlocked until a few gyms in. You'll have trouble completing your pokedex in all likelihood and definitely won't get Melmetal but that's about it.

Meltan is a good squishy boy but I think I can wait until gen 8

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nanigans posted:

So the candies are for EVs, does the game have the EV reset berries too?

I know there’s a place where you can change Natures, when do you get access to that?

What is there to do in the postgame?

Can you get ‘mon like Crobat, Blissey, Umbreon, etc. after the Elite 4 like in FR/LG?

Candies don't give EVs. They're their own thing and, as far as I understand, unlimited, you can give +200 to every single stat, so there's no reason to reset them. EVs do exist in the game's code, but like abilities, can't be accessed at all, and likely are only there for compatibility with Bank/later games.

I didn't hear that Natures thing at all but if that's true it better stick with the series forever.

Postgame-wise, I'll spoiler tag this for obvious reasons, you can rematch every Gym Leader but Giovanni. Giovanni is instead replaced by Blue, linking the games to GSC and confirming Let's Go happens between Gen 1 and 2. You can also face Red and Leaf, all of them have a Kanto starter each and some other mons, Red is extremely high-level as per usual. Furthermore, you can attempt a Master Trainer challenge for every Pokemon in the game, some are one-on-one battles where you have to use the same Pokemon they specialize in, some are other types of quest, beating them gives you a "[Pokemon] Master" title, with [Pokemon] being the Pokemon they use, obviously. Oh, and the Fairy Trial Captain, Mina, can be fought as well, though she only uses Kanto Pokemon.

No Pokemon beyond the Kanto ones can be obtained, even post-game, with the exception of Meltan and Melmetal.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
What's the deal with the co-op in Let's Go? Is it something you can enable from the get-go, or do you have to enable it at some point? Like, does player 2 select their character at the beginning of the game, or what?

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Nth Doctor posted:

Ding ding ding another winner!
You don't have PMs. Are you on the discord?

E: ONE ZERAORA AND TEN RESHIRAM/ZEKROM CODES REMAIN

Yes, same name as here.
Sorry I didn't respond sooner!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Mordor She Wrote posted:

So, I bought a switch because I knew eventually it'd get a pokemon, and like man, I feel like Let's Go was designed to make me feel bad for being 30 and playing these games, cause there's no way I can feel anything but cringe when I tell my Pikachu to use "splishy splashy"

i have a way: don't be an insecure weirdo that gets freaked out by rhyming

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

absolutely anything posted:

seriously lmao the amount of "cringe" about stuff like that is actually what is cringy

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

seriously lmao the amount of "cringe" about stuff like that is actually what is cringy

-t Brony apologist.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Nintendo better put attack names like that in next year's Serious Hardcore Pokemon Game for Real Men.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Mordor She Wrote posted:

-t Brony apologist.

gbs is up a few forums, friend

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Baddy Bad is the only :effort: one, but I'm always down for bigger movepools in the early game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I live in constant fear of accidentally saying something that rhymes

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
Who knew that suggesting that being a family friendly series doesn't mean you need to have literal baby sounds as moves would be such a controversial statement, guess in order to be cool I gotta shove a pacifier in my rear end while scream "PEEPPECHU USE SPWISHYSPWASHY UWU"

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Licarn posted:

Nintendo better put attack names like that in next year's Serious Hardcore Pokemon Game for Real Men.

And now you reminded me of all the fangames of Pokemon that claim to be "Serious and Mature" and I threw up a little in my mouth.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Mordor She Wrote posted:

-t Brony apologist.

i get that you lack any kind of self confidence but please stop projecting onto everyone else your concern that you may be judged for playing a game with a rhyme in it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Who knew that suggesting that being a family friendly series doesn't mean you need to have literal baby sounds as moves would be such a controversial statement, guess in order to be cool I gotta shove a pacifier in my rear end while scream "PEEPPECHU USE SPWISHYSPWASHY UWU"

you're extremely normal

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

You seem to have some issues

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

you're extremely normal

I bet you admit to watching anime in public :smug:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

oh no not anime

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I think the game looks but fun, but those special attack names are pretty stupid and uninspired.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mordor She Wrote posted:

The names are bad but like, this post is way worse

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Chill Penguin posted:

I think the game looks but fun, but those special attack names are pretty stupid and uninspired.

whoa you sound pretty insecure, aren't you sure you don't belong in GBS playing Modern Warfare with all the fragile masculinity you're projecting there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Baddy Bad is the best name for a move in a long time

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Mordor She Wrote posted:

"i bet you enjoy things without constantly looking over your shoulder lest you be judged" is a weird attempt at a burn but not entirely out of line with the other weird bullshit youve been posting

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

"i bet you enjoy things without constantly looking over your shoulder lest you be judged" is a weird attempt at a burn but not entirely out of line with the other weird bullshit youve been posting

just because you lack the good sense to be ashamed of liking bad things, doesn't in fact, make those things not bad.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

one might say even... baddy bad

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

it's kinda wild that mega insecure "i cant play 3ds on the train because everyone will stare and call me a child" type hypergoons still exist in 2018 and decide to express this in, of all places, The Pokemon Megathread 7.5

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

also i'm mordor she wrote, a grown rear end man deeply ashamed of his pokemon addiction to the point where he lashes out at people online about anything and everything

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Zoran posted:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Zoran posted:

Its the only reason why I'm getting the Eevee version.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

What the hell is going on?
Does LGPE have bank compatability?

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

it's kinda wild that mega insecure "i cant play 3ds on the train because everyone will stare and call me a child" type hypergoons still exist in 2018 and decide to express this in, of all places, The Pokemon Megathread 7.5

I bet people stare at you and call you a manchild a lot tbqh.

Pokemon is cool and good, lovely dumb names for things are bad, hope this helps!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Chill Penguin posted:

They suck yeah, but lmao at this dude melting down because people rightly called them out for being weird. Holy moly

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Sounds like someone needs a nappy nap.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Pokemon is cool and good, lovely dumb names for things are bad, hope this helps!

We definitely can't have childish things in the children's game

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Ariong posted:

Sounds like someone needs a nappy nap.

or a lunchy lunch

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Mordor She Wrote posted:

the names are dumb but there's a line between "these names are dumb" and "the CRINGE names of this game are DRAINING THE TESTOSTERONE from my 30 year old and very mature body, something something pacifier rear end" and crossing that line makes you a huge loving weirdo loser

good job ninja editing that room temperature burn in btw, i can see why it took you a while to come up with

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

my dicky wicky is shrivel wiveling at the thoughty woughty of baddy bad existy wisting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Eox posted:

Baddy Bad is the only :effort: one

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Buzzy_Buzz_(move)