Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Deleted, what did it say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's pretty cool to wake up one morning and find out that America is now part of the Axis.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

McNally posted:

On both sides for Antietam it was 3,650 total killed on the field, 17,300 wounded (no figures readily available of how many later died of their wounds), 1,770 captured or missing.

A very lovely day indeed. Doubly lovely because all the causalities from both sides were Americans.

My point was, the bloodiest day in American history was 1 day. The French ate losses in the tens of thousands almost every goddamn day for a month straight.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

:colbert:2,108 Americans killed.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

The French laying a wreath at Arlington when the loving President won't is both the best and worst thing. Such an enormously great troll job in a historical context, and also so offensive it's the FRENCH (who in one way or another probably contributed about half the remains in that tomb) doing it instead of our dumb President. Dems should run for the next 50 years on that alone.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MA-Horus posted:

A very lovely day indeed. Doubly lovely because all the causalities from both sides were Americans.

My point was, the bloodiest day in American history was 1 day. The French ate losses in the tens of thousands almost every goddamn day for a month straight.

Confederates aren't Americans.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

McNally posted:

Deleted, what did it say?

He hosed up the word cemetery.

Meanwhile, in Melania news:

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1062388517425295367?s=19

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1062390009179881478?s=19

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Wait so she wanted to use NSC resources for her Nazi cosplay Africa trip, the moustache's deputy said no, and now he's fired?

:lol:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Imelda Trump.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

Confederates aren't Americans.

Actually, if you support the Union, they super were. Saying they were not American concedes that the states seceded and formed a legal government. Lincoln violently disagreed with that notion and won that debate on the field of battle.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
No Chaos! Only big grift energy!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Don't mess with Classy Butthole Lady.

mlmp08 posted:

Actually, if you support the Union, they super were. Saying they were not American concedes that the states seceded and formed a legal government. Lincoln violently disagreed with that notion and won that debate on the field of battle.
They died as traitors and should not be considered as Americans.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Also it was the Confederate States of America and also this continent and another are known as the Americas blah blah but still I appreciate the sentiment

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1062392410720763904

Oh...okay

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
he's so mad

about...everything

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Casimir Radon posted:

Don't mess with Classy Butthole Lady.

They died as traitors and should not be considered as Americans.

Both or neither. And the whole point of the war is that they were Americans.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Vasudus posted:

he's so mad

about...everything

There's a certain kind of frenzy to the tweets today, almost like something juicy is gonna drop.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
November Current Events: The Civil War, 1861-1865

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

McNally posted:

November Current Events: The First Civil War, 1861-1865

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

Both or neither. And the whole point of the war is that they were Americans.
I think the last 160 years have been proof enough that letting them have their "dignity" was a mistake.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/1062371464723210240?s=21 Lol. Doubling down on saying no I see.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Looking at the post confederacy v the post Nazi state, the only possible conclusion is we killed too few people in the south for the lessons to take.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Best Friends posted:

Looking at the post confederacy v the post Nazi state, the only possible conclusion is we killed too few people in the south for the lessons to take.

It isn't genocide if they aren't people! :eng101:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

It isn't genocide if they aren't people! :eng101:

Now you're thinking like a Chud!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

I think the last 160 years have been proof enough that letting them have their "dignity" was a mistake.

Absolutely. But that's not the same point.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

McNally posted:

November Current Events: The First American Civil War, 1861-1865

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/anthony/status/1062407136561500160?s=21

🤗

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
So the takeaway is that he got so butthurt over Macron calling out his use of nationalism that he refused to go to both ceremonies? Based off Trump calling France the most nationalist country in his rant, it sounds likely.
Even with all the things Trump has done this one just really gets to me. So loving petty.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Does this mean Crystal City Restaurant has to change its name to The Landing Strip?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Well, I actually agree that it’s irresponsible for the NYT to frame this as DPRK deception. The DPRK government openly talked about building missiles and nuclear weapons. They just don’t necessarily publish their order of battle publicly!

NYT is addressing the average reader’s ignorance of this as the fault of those wily North Koreans rather than as general ignorance among the public combined with the admin making hyped up claims of negotiation success with North Korea.

https://twitter.com/j_j_jameson/status/1062086687512256514?s=21

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/taber/status/1062362444213960710?s=19

The best part actually

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I was more commenting and concerned about DJTs last line of the tweet that only he can be the truth teller. I realize that has been his MO the whole time but to just come out and say it is still something.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Get hosed, Farage. Useless oval office, why did he survive that plane crash??

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Ya know for something that is an existential threat to the entire country I haven't been hearing much from the propaganda arm of the Republican party about that invading army marching on our southern border recently. What ever happened to that? Did we bigly MAGA and solve the problem or something? Weird.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
It was played up big time for the election as a way to scare Republican dumbfucks into voting against Democrats. Now it has died down as a story because the election has passed.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Plus they probably don't want to draw attention to it after that article came about about the troops having little/no electricity, eating MREs and just now got a shower tent where they have to do combat showers.

Which to us may not be a big deal but it doesn't win the hearts of the average citizen.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bored As gently caress posted:

It was played up big time for the election as a way to scare Republican dumbfucks into voting against Democrats. Now it has died down as a story because the election has passed.

Can’t wait to see command teams serving UGR-As to soldiers on Thanksgiving at the border.

NBC posted:

One U.S. Customs & Border Protection official said border agents are happy to have support for jobs like rolling out barbed-wire.

"I think they are happy that the military will be doing the work that agents don't want to do," said the official, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Lmao this is such a bad deal, taxpayers are getting fuuuuuucked

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Which CK2 event just fired in the white house?

https://twitter.com/Santucci/status/1062426323174543360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
In addition to a run in with FLOTUS, there are reports that this aide was undermining Secretary Mattis and may even have started rumors that Mattis would soon be out.