Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Sanford posted:

Did we see her eat one of the others previously?

No, but she checked the location of the first one off-camera and reported it was already gone. Presumably she ate that one, too. So the question becomes: why?

- Increasing rarity to balloon the price?
- Deliberately sabotaging Trixie for some reason?
- Cupcakes are just tasty as hell and she is too tempted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I can't remember how long ago the Traditionalists visited Lyndon, but Audrey was kind of a liability during the bits of last adventure where the party weren't about to be murdered by Impossibles.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Whybird posted:

I can't remember how long ago the Traditionalists visited Lyndon, but Audrey was kind of a liability during the bits of last adventure where the party weren't about to be murdered by Impossibles.

The Traditionalists visited him right before they went to the island, so that would fit.

Or maybe Audrey just wants to kill, eat and gently caress more than she wants to actually complete the mission.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bobulus posted:

- Cupcakes are just tasty as hell and she is too tempted?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I have the sad feeling that Audrey's going to be revealed as a gently caress you: Got Mine person.

I can just imagine her justification when she's exposed: "Hey, I've got a tavern and some money now and I worked drat hard to get them! The Traditionalists look after people like me: why should I care about a bunch of dumb poor people? Screw those losers!"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

She isn't at all invested in Trixie's politics and is only involved because Klara keeps risking her life to prop up her perpetually failing campaign when the last big treasure haul wasn't enough. Also they're good cupcakes

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/326

She's a problem solver.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

As the Uncle Juju plot showed us, Audrey knows how to solve problems with corpses. This place just saves her the step of having to make them herself.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So, this should work. I want to point out that all of this happened in that same Scrooge McDuck comic I linked earlier. You all should read it, it's quite fun.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lol they're still trying to save that panther, huh

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There's no way this plan will fail.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Cat Mattress posted:

There's no way this plan will fail.

Yeah it's definitely a good sign when the person you're giving instructions to basically says "Wait, what?"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/327

Link for the lazy

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lol they're still trying to save that panther, huh

The last part of the plan is "throw the cat into the sun".

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Oh, /now/ it's frightened.

Okay. There's now a hard limit on how long Lyndon's powers are going to last. He should switch to down now, and try to catch up with Clara. Grab her securely, and try to get as low as safely possible before switching himself to up again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/328

welp.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/329

RIP everyone

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Probably should have made the Elusive Artist fall parallel to the ground once they were sure it was high enough that there was little to no chance of it hitting anything, and then recovered Klara. It would still die, but the limit could be as long as several days instead of the few minutes they have now. And less logistically difficult than trying to keep it alive on the ceiling of a zombie house.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Only problem with that is Lyndon is terrible at tactics.

Grogquock
May 2, 2009

Interesting. I always thought Lydon described the criteria for the magic ending as some kind of harm (non trivial harm given that time he bumped into Audry), and not necessarily death. Though to be fair, death has been the cause of loss all the times I can remember off hand. There's a good chance the Artist's eardrums are going to burst or it suffers embullism or lung damage before it specifically dies due to lack of oxygen. I'd expect it will also start falling faster and faster as the atmosphere thins.

Grogquock fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 22, 2018

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Grogquock posted:

Interesting. I always thought Lydon described the criteria for the magic ending as some kind of harm (non trivial harm given that time he bumped into Audry), and not necessarily death. Though to be fair, death has been the cause of loss all the times I can remember off hand. There's a good chance the Artist's eardrums are going to burst or it suffers embullism or lung damage before it specifically dies due to lack of oxygen. I'd expect it will also start falling faster and faster as the atmosphere thins.

The lady who got bonked on the head because of his spell made him lose his powers, and she didn't die from it.

I don't think Lyndon is necessarily an expert on what happens when you fall upwards, nor do I suspect that he is that interested in the specifics of what is going to make him lose his spell.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Only problem with that is Lyndon is terrible at tactics.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

maltesh posted:

Probably should have made the Elusive Artist fall parallel to the ground once they were sure it was high enough that there was little to no chance of it hitting anything, and then recovered Klara. It would still die, but the limit could be as long as several days instead of the few minutes they have now. And less logistically difficult than trying to keep it alive on the ceiling of a zombie house.

The main problem with that is that he'd have to have touched it, and pretty much as soon as he got close the cat sprayed.

Like the could cat deal with suddenly being on the ceiling, zombie attacks, having its tail pulled, and then flying straight up into the sky. And none of that stuff scared it enough to spray. But being around Lyndon? No way.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/330

RIP

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Or... IS IT. Remember the rule - it isn't death that disables the magic, it's harm. Although it's all a bit moot. Speaking of which, they'd better get out of the loving way.

It wonder how big the terminal paint splat is going to be.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

You know, that's a good point--maybe just starting to suffocate is enough. And there won't be a terminal splat, because cats always land on their feet.

I will believe this no matter what evidence the comic presents to the contrary.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It certainly doesn't look dead. It's looking at us in the last panel

Not gonna make a difference in a moment though

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/331

oh no

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
The jig is up!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/332

Audrey nooooooo

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
wow audrey

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

:smith:

I take back all the some of the bad things I've said about Lyndon.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
He may be an idiot but at least he's a loyal idiot.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This page is genuinely moving. Ol' Thorsby can deviate from the mechanism and pull out some drama when he needs to.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise: it's not like Audrey's ever made any attempt to conceal her character and motivations, quite the opposite in fact. Hiding in plain sight!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It's kind of a weird dynamic between those four. While Audrey isn't really loyal to Trixie, Clara certainly is. And from what I've seen Audrey tries to support her sister as best as she can, so she's been loyal by association so far. But now that she has a really good offer, she'll gladly sell Trixie out. But Clara will be incredibly disappointed when she finds out about this. :smith:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/333

Well crap. Dammit, Lyndon. No wonder Vice Presidents are considered expendable.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol Lyndon

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I take back the good thing I said about Lyndon.