Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Tune in to Twitch next Tuesday to get emojis and sprays and a portrait of the Best Boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So is Li-Ming or Orphea more of a magical girl?

ToastyPotato posted:

That doesn't change my opinion at all. Targeting my own dudes to manage when they hit enemy towers is stupid. That's even more stupid than killing them to prevent the enemy from getting XP/gold. Again, it is a dumb mechanic born out of Dota being a mod for an old game. And now people defend it like it is some kind of 4D Chess. It's silly and basically a few steps away from being Calvinball levels of silly.

It's okay to admit you're not good enough to keep track of it. :mmmsmug:

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Cuntellectual posted:

So is Li-Ming or Orphea more of a magical girl?

Li Ming is Sailor Moon, Orphea is Madoka Magica

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Orphea is Sakura card captor

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Shes that one Homestuck girl

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Blizzard Original Donut Steel.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm not wrong in thinking whitemane is real silly, right? If you don't have a way to get to her she's pretty loving hard to out-damage.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Brah she's weak to dive, just gotta save your burst for after the 4 seconds of 40 armor.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Dire Human posted:

Li Ming is Sailor Moon, Orphea is Madoka Magica

You know what, an actual Madoka Magica crossover just might be what Blizzard needs to save hots.

PantsBandit posted:

I'm not wrong in thinking whitemane is real silly, right? If you don't have a way to get to her she's pretty loving hard to out-damage.

The oujo laugh is powerful.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

lucifirius posted:

Brah she's weak to dive, just gotta save your burst for after the 4 seconds of 40 armor.

Would making it buff only the rest of her team be enough to fix it?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Would making it buff only the rest of her team be enough to fix it?

Oh absolutely, that 40 armor negates so much burst, and on a 60 second cooldown it beats so many "fight-winning" ultimates that it's insane.

On top of the armor is a heal and her trait, so she can start healing herself and her team up instantly.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

What's the deal with the new hero? Am I correct in thinking she's "out" now for Blizzcon attendees?

I ask because I haven't seen her in-game and I would very much like to play as goth-gf.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
She’s on the PTR i think?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

lucifirius posted:

Oh absolutely, that 40 armor negates so much burst, and on a 60 second cooldown it beats so many "fight-winning" ultimates that it's insane.

On top of the armor is a heal and her trait, so she can start healing herself and her team up instantly.

Yeah why the gently caress is the better ult the one with the shorter cooldown? I think her damage ult is like 90 seconds or something?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

PantsBandit posted:

What's the deal with the new hero? Am I correct in thinking she's "out" now for Blizzcon attendees?

I ask because I haven't seen her in-game and I would very much like to play as goth-gf.

I believe she's on the PTR, and if she is then she's out in 2 weeks or so.

bamhand posted:

Yeah why the gently caress is the better ult the one with the shorter cooldown? I think her damage ult is like 90 seconds or something?

Because Blizzard is a small indie company that doesn't know how to balance properly.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Because the best and brightest are working on the mobile version.

Sepah
May 13, 2014

lucifirius posted:

I believe she's on the PTR, and if she is then she's out in 2 weeks or so.

Because Blizzard is a small indie company that doesn't know how to balance properly.

Isn't she out tomorrow? Her page says November 13.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Hell if I know then. If that's what the page says then that's when she's coming out.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Almost 100% of heroes are PTR for a week, then live. I think they blundered some hero a while back and he/she spent 2 weeks in PTR?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Because the best and brightest are working on the mobile version.

If Diablo is the depthless hack and slash, HotS would be the tower defense game where you grind for a S+ rank Murky and a yukata-wearing Uther.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

HitTheTargets posted:

If Diablo is the depthless hack and slash, HotS would be the tower defense game where you grind for a S+ rank Murky and a yukata-wearing Uther.

Are you saying this is a bad thing

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

HitTheTargets posted:

This would be infinitely better than anything blizzard could actually think up at this point.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Had the urge to jump back into the game, and it's still pretty fun. I figure the game is at a bit of a low point based on my QM queues and the talk of the thread, but hopefully it'll bounce back eventually. This is my go-to for casual MOBA play. Nothing wowed me from Blizzcon though so maybe that day is a bit further off.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I still get games in QM in 30-60 seconds most days I play. Plus I only had one raging homophobe over the weekend and that’s like, a new record.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Haven't had any issues with QM queue times in the 6 weeks since I have been playing again (EU).

My biggest single gripe though is the zerg in middle lane at the start of every match. I have lost count the number of times 4-5 people from one team have milled about doing nothing in mid while missing soak in 1-2 lanes while the other team isn't. That is single most frustrating thing in the game to me currently.

The other thing that I have concluded is that IMO heroes like Chromie who have terrible waveclear are much worse in QM than eg Gul'dan, Jaina, Kael'thas who while fulfilling a similar role on paper, have better wave clear and are much better because of it.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I was playing pretty late last night so maybe my sample size is too small. Just a jerk reaction. Won 3 of the 5 games I played so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

kaesarsosei posted:

Haven't had any issues with QM queue times in the 6 weeks since I have been playing again (EU).

My biggest single gripe though is the zerg in middle lane at the start of every match. I have lost count the number of times 4-5 people from one team have milled about doing nothing in mid while missing soak in 1-2 lanes while the other team isn't. That is single most frustrating thing in the game to me currently.

The other thing that I have concluded is that IMO heroes like Chromie who have terrible waveclear are much worse in QM than eg Gul'dan, Jaina, Kael'thas who while fulfilling a similar role on paper, have better wave clear and are much better because of it.

Agree re: early fight in mid. If you have dudes needing stacks it's OK for about 20 seconds, but then you need to go soak. I just accept that I'll be soaking in QM regardless, even if healing. Sometimes someone will notice the healer is not with the group, but it's 50/50 whether someone will come down so I can go support the 3 man. This holds true regardless of comp, including TLV and/or Abathur on my team.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I find it helps that once you see the minions in the other lanes starting to get closer to meeting ping for assistance in those other lanes. It at least reminds people that those lanes exist

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

kaesarsosei posted:

Everybody plays assassins in QM which means if you play a counter-assassin you'll probably have an easy time. It's why there's a nova in like 95% of QM games.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I find it helps that once you see the minions in the other lanes starting to get closer to meeting ping for assistance in those other lanes. It at least reminds people that those lanes exist

Hrm, I'll try that, laning with Alexstrasza or Deckard sucks pretty hard, particularly while Azmodan and Yrel fail to secure any kills in mid.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Hrm, I'll try that, laning with Alexstrasza or Deckard sucks pretty hard, particularly while Azmodan and Yrel fail to secure any kills in mid.

It's definitely not going to stop people from tunnel visioning on mid doing nothing, but it at least catches the people who just were just not watching the lanes

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

It's definitely not going to stop people from tunnel visioning on mid doing nothing, but it at least catches the people who just were just not watching the lanes

I also get the feeling that people are generally responsive to your pings if during the game:
- you don’t ping every single thing you do, just when it’s needed
- you don’t spam multiple pings, you realize that a single one is usually enough
- you don’t ping enemies right after they gank and kill you, especially when you are deep in the jungle

People are fine to let you solo push a wave as support with no wave-clear, but a single ping can make them see the error of their ways.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 13, 2018

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
One thing I would like addressed in the game is the lack of a Chef Jimmy skin carrying around a shaker filled with pepper.

I’m thinking about contacting the UN about this injustice.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I do think ping-spamming is justified sometimes but only when you have something legitimately urgent to convey.

For example: The other team is stealing our camp and if one of you idiots in lane doesn't come help me we are going to be down a camp and a death.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

New patch...*yawn* and upcoming sales!: https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/22647957/heroic-deals-november-13-november-20-2018-2018-11-13/

Apparently they are both dynamic bundles, one being 70% off and the other 78%. So if you just need a handful of heroes it will be cheap.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 13, 2018

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Nice totally going for that second bundle.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Dang that second bundle only has 4 heroes I want, and 3 I don't have but don't really want either. The first bundle has 3 heroes I don't have and am mildly interested in. Feels bad.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Guess that confirms the new hero isn't releasing today after all? Or am I missing something in the notes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

PantsBandit posted:

Guess that confirms the new hero isn't releasing today after all? Or am I missing something in the notes?

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/22647956/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-november-13-2018-2018-11-13/

She's in the actual patch notes, what was linked was the blog post for the bundles.

I find it kinda funny that they are releasing a new hero so soon before launching the hero role rework. I hope the delay in implementing the new roles is that they are still tweaking who will go where and that the Blizzcon list wasn't final, but I am not holding my breath.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 13, 2018