Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Uhm I believe that later half of dream drop distance has the best story in the franchise, it’s incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I legit hate 3D's story still, it's just too much for me

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Arist posted:

I legit hate 3D's story still, it's just too much for me

You are weak.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm already Xehanort

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

X-blade(pronounced keyblade)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Some pronounce it "kye", but the meaning is the same

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
God it's all just so stupid

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rhonne posted:

X-blade(pronounced keyblade)

I still think Nomura stole the design for that stupid thing from deviantart.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like Kingdom Hearts a lot and think some of the performative hate it gets is a little eyerolling, but yeah the plot is absolutely...I mean the plot isn't even that complicated, it's just spread across too many games and weighed down with needless jargon and silly designs and a silly need to have E V E R Y T H I N G be connected to everything else no matter how hard you have to retcon things to make it happen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I like Kingdom Hearts a lot and think some of the performative hate it gets is a little eyerolling, but yeah the plot is absolutely...I mean the plot isn't even that complicated, it's just spread across too many games and weighed down with needless jargon and silly designs and a silly need to have E V E R Y T H I N G be connected to everything else no matter how hard you have to retcon things to make it happen.

It being extremely easy to make fun of doesn't help.

Kingdom Hearts is chronologically the eighth game in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Xehanort just isn't going to be the same without Leonard Nimoy :smith:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Would I be forgiven for taking a quick look at Kingdom Hearts and equating it to Care Bears Power Rangers? :pram:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I am eagerly excited for them to not choose the Wand during the start and everybody get extremely bent out of shape from it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Would I be forgiven for taking a quick look at Kingdom Hearts and equating it to Care Bears Power Rangers? :pram:

I

Okay thread regulars, I know it's Grouchio but

Grouch man. Grouchasaurus. Grouchmiesterfiester

The gently caress does that even, where does that even track? How do you take a quick look at KH and go to Power Rangers? Or Care Bears, but we'll get to that. Actually let's tackle that first. Care Bears is about a bunch of magical stuffed animal friends who live in the loving clouds and go down to help kids feel better about whatever is wrong with each of them having a goddamn magic power unique to them and their mark on their bellies.

No, you loving moron, it has nothing to do with Care Bears. People need to stop derisively comparing things to Care Bears just because- I'm not even SURE why you'd even go there

Anyways, Power Rangers. Going to assume you mean the original. Power Rangers is the story of a bunch of teenagers who become super heroes in multi colored spandex outfits and fight monsters made by a witch from the moon. Later they fight a cenobite cyber demon and one of them changes colors.

Where the gently caress does Kingdom Hearts fit into this? Does Sora draw on the power of the Dilophosaurus and no one told me?

Kingdom Hearts is about a dumb kid who gets a magic key that allows him to survive the apocalypse, and then he teams up with anime, video game and Disney characters to save the multiverse from a madman who believes that all things should return to Darkness. The only remotely Sentai-y thing in KH, in its entirety, are the armors that Keyblade Masters can summon when they want to ride around on their sweet motorcycles, and those have shown up for all of five minutes total, excluding the time you fight one.

The answer is no, and that you're an idiot.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The plot of KH is dumb garbage which means I should be all over it but for some reason I'm not.

I don't really know why

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Burkion posted:

People need to copy-paste this whenever Grouchio posts from now on.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Andrast posted:

The plot of KH is dumb garbage which means I should be all over it but for some reason I'm not.

I don't really know why

I wasn't a Disney kid

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Burkion posted:

No, you loving moron, it has nothing to do with Care Bears. People need to stop derisively comparing things to Care Bears just because- I'm not even SURE why you'd even go there
Kingdom Hearts = Saccharine Video game involving starry-eyed kid protagonist and Power of Friendship = Care Bears = Power Rangers
That was my thought process.

Burkion posted:

Jokes on you, I was being sarcastic/contrarian.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 13, 2018

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Kingdom Hearts = Saccharine Video game involving starry-eyed kid protagonist and Power of Friendship = Care Bears = Power Rangers

To sum up

I'm Not Owned I'm Not Owned I'm Not Owned

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the classic "i'm only pretending to be an idiot" defense

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Grouchio posted:

That was my thought process.

Burkion posted:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Andrast posted:

I don't really know why

Right. Final Fantasy x Disney should be the Chocolate x Peanut Butter of entertaining stupidity, but it just isn't and I can't quantify why not.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
please just stop posting grouchio

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

a cartoon duck posted:

the classic "i'm only pretending to be an idiot" defense

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

According to the Mega Man 11 video Pat was scarred for life by the movie "Innerspace".

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Right. Final Fantasy x Disney should be the Chocolate x Peanut Butter of entertaining stupidity, but it just isn't and I can't quantify why not.

It's badly voice acted and the dialogue on its face isn't too great either.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Because it stopped being Final Fantasy X Disney after the second game or so, and became a deluge of melodramatic OCs + Disney movies thrown in as filler?

You could probably drop the Disney aspect entirely at this point and a lot of people probably wouldn't care.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

KH’s story is endearingly dumb, it’s great

Just remember things like the sigil of the recusant and what it turns out to be puts a smile on my face. But there’s legit great parts too, like most of Orcas’ story in KH2.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

God drat I wake up and y'all got Toku Thread Burkion to show up, I'm almost impressed

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Monathin posted:

God drat I wake up and y'all got Toku Thread Burkion to show up, I'm almost impressed

man if it wasn't just Grouchio I could have gone so much further in on this

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Neo_Crimson posted:

Because it stopped being Final Fantasy X Disney after the second game or so, and became a deluge of melodramatic OCs + Disney movies thrown in as filler?

You could probably drop the Disney aspect entirely at this point and a lot of people probably wouldn't care.

You can drop the Final Fantasy stuff too and it wouldn't matter. It's played even less of a role in things than the Disney stuff.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kingdom Hearts is an isekai.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

Kingdom Hearts is an isekai.
:same:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The original content is the Final Fantasy stuff. Even in the first game there were like 8 FF characters, 3 are in tutorial zone and 4 of them were in the first town only.

The other is Cloud dressed up as Vincent cause Vinny called in sick.

The original characters and plot are the bullshit anime RPG to represent Final Fantasy. Later KH actually got slightly better about including FF things in world but it's still rare (Zack and Auron in BBS and 2 for example). KH1 is not better for FF cameos than any of the others. 2 is the best cause you fight alongside all of the FF7 squad in a series of fights at least.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I always thought it was weird that Squall/Leon just hung out with all the FF7 characters. The only other FF8 characters you see are all kids for some reason.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ahahaha, the white chocolate joke pat made on the mukbangcast, didn't think he'd go that far goddamn

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I always thought it was weird that Squall/Leon just hung out with all the FF7 characters. The only other FF8 characters you see are all kids for some reason.

Same here. It's also lame how the only FF characters in the game at all are from the shift to 3D graphics. I know that would've required making models for characters that were previously just sprites but I still would've liked to have Josef, Cecil, Sabin or Mog around.

Also Ivalice is cool because that's where all the fantasy is. Bangaa, Viera, Moogles, Gria, Seeq, andd Nu Mou are all cool and I'd like to see them more often.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Same here. It's also lame how the only FF characters in the game at all are from the shift to 3D graphics. I know that would've required making models for characters that were previously just sprites but I still would've liked to have Josef, Cecil, Sabin or Mog around.

Also Ivalice is cool because that's where all the fantasy is. Bangaa, Viera, Moogles, Gria, Seeq, andd Nu Mou are all cool and I'd like to see them more often.

Setzer shows up in KH2, but he's some weirdo who beats up kids in a foam bat competition.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Setzer shows up in KH2, but he's some weirdo who beats up kids in a foam bat competition.

Please forgive me for forgetting that Setzer shows up, since you only see him in the fake illusion world and then if you seek him out when you actually go to the real one. Him and Seifer being pretty much inconsequential 3 hours in means I've totally forgotten they existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

The best part of Seifer in KH2 is that you could make a case that all his weird dialogue is because its canonically being written by an old man trying to be hip.

Nerdietalk fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 14, 2018