Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

my bitter bi rival posted:

adopted a puppy, dont care about computers anymore.

this is my plan for 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Some guy keeps putting a post it note on my car's mirror that says "IF YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR CAR CALL ME 415-xxx-xxxx THANK YOU TONY". Found the third one this morning

I don't know why Tony is so interested in my 2002 Ford but I guess he really wants it

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

tomorrow at 10am i get my woods truk

asked 4500, i got him down to 4k by griping about a broken tail light

lets go camping !!!

That's a drat good truck for fuckin off into the woods, and a good price.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

this is my plan for 2019

no way do I need another responsibility to tether me to this bogus reality

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

I don't know why Tony is so interested in my 2002 Ford but I guess he really wants it

tony's got it

e: poo poo i forgot those never made it to utub

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

That's a drat good truck for fuckin off into the woods, and a good price.

yeah after getting the price down im totally happy. thing drives solid and straight. no rust. and it has the manual third row seats which is good b/c the motorized ones break and are $600 to fix

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I just use the legs I was born with

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its heeeeere

already got it plated, insured, we are ready to go into the woods

it's SO GODDAMN BIG LMAO

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
nice. do they not use salt on the roads there? i don't see any rust.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Not so much in town. there is one tiny rust bubble that hasn't even popped through the paint on the back tailgate. and i can scotch brite that down and hit it with duplicolor and be good

i even tapped the underside of the rocker panels with my multi tool, those are the first to go on these, but nope, solid as can be

i need to remember how to drive a huge vehicle. i was in a 45 just bopping along today and looked down and was doing 63 lol

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I want to leave tech behind and still make money. I’m so burnt out. too bad I owned myself by having a family

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

the mountains don’t care if you have a family

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

when I think about having to keep this up for another few decades, I fantasize about getting pushed in front of a commuter train

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

awfully inconvenient for the commuters

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
boat bump

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

i wish we had an actual fall this year instead of going from 85 degrees directly to 40 degrees in the daytime so I could have taken a week off to get in some quality hammock time with my kindle, leaving only as determined by the progress of the beer in/beer out cycle and my perceived risk of getting west nile virus based on mosquito density

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

i wish we had an actual fall this year instead of going from 85 degrees directly to 40 degrees in the daytime so I could have taken a week off to get in some quality hammock time with my kindle, leaving only as determined by the progress of the beer in/beer out cycle and my perceived risk of getting west nile virus based on mosquito density

how much alcohol does your blood need in it before west Nile can no longer survive?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

how much alcohol does your blood need in it before west Nile can no longer survive?
good question.

also, follow-up, i took this week off, asked my student workers to clean up storage rooms and do inventory, gave them raises without asking or telling my boss, and did my usual passive-aggressive thing by setting an out of office message on my voicemail saying "please leave a message and I'll call you back on Monday" but disabled voicemail so it hangs up on them instead of taking a message.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

GWBBQ posted:

good question.

also, follow-up, i took this week off, asked my student workers to clean up storage rooms and do inventory, gave them raises without asking or telling my boss, and did my usual passive-aggressive thing by setting an out of office message on my voicemail saying "please leave a message and I'll call you back on Monday" but disabled voicemail so it hangs up on them instead of taking a message.

:getin:

pro voicemail strategy

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
It's Saturday so that means I'm hiding under a blanket in a dark closet so Monday can't find me. :3:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

GWBBQ posted:

dehumanize yourself and face to climate change. poo poo fuckin' sucks.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
:3: I'm thinking about sitting outside and quietly dying of hypothermia.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

DrPossum posted:

during the first super cold day i like to go out in shorts and lay on concrete or whatever until i become the cold itself and its all tingly good before jumping back in front of a fire

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

DrPossum posted:

be safe

also same

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

for sure timeline but https://www.theonion.com/health-experts-recommend-standing-up-at-desk-leaving-o-1819577456

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

now considering the ultimate self own of quitting my job without having another offer lined up

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

AWWNAW posted:

now considering the ultimate self own of quitting my job without having another offer lined up

i did this once and it worked out well but i did explode a 401k to pay for living and relo costs

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

AWWNAW posted:

ah, the deviant play

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Jonny 290 posted:

i did this once and it worked out well but i did explode a 401k to pay for living and relo costs

at least it exploded in a useful manner vs eventually blowing up into nonexistent dust in the future after too many international financial happenings :unsmith:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yah my take on it was that i would rather die broke in denver than live long in arkansas

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

AWWNAW posted:

Hey I just did it, but to be fair I'll be using my meager savings in the US to live like a King in Mexico

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I want to work on something that matters

but nothing matters

I never want to work again

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
yep definitely closer to wanting to live in a monastery every day

https://www.watmetta.org/ seems nice

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Short week so bumping this thread a little less hard than usual

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

psiox posted:

yep definitely closer to wanting to live in a monastery every day

https://www.watmetta.org/ seems nice
I wonder if this is like that japanese monastery that has 1 star on yelp or airbnb because they served gruel and didn't give a poo poo about the tourists because I'm going to lose a lot of respect if it doesn't deep commit and is just a bunch of rich-seeking hippy bullshit

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

no it’s legit and thanissaro bhikkhu is legit

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

do they make beer or grow monk weed or anything cool to support themselves???

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
time to start the yosmonastery

here is our secret handshake:
https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/11/some-clues-about-why-male-guinea-baboons-fondle-each-others-genitals/

i’ll start the wiki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

someone just posted that article about the anonymous testical check booth :thunk:

baboon'd again!!