Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

My body is ready to be disappointed by Redrix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

cvnvcnv posted:

4 Valor resets and 15 Bounties complete.

you will be very disappointed, even in PvE. it's a disadvantaged archetype in PvP and in PvE it still lets you down. it's not productive when in normal mode, and when you're shooting mans with friends they're going to eat half the enemies you need to keep Outlaw+Desperado going. like, you want it to own in Gambit but a really good hand cannon will consistently wreck harder.

but it's a thing to complete, so i finished it anyway. maybe it'll be good in a future sandbox.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

4 Valor resets and 15 Bounties complete.

drat
It's
Sure
A
Powerful
Pulse.
Outlaw!
It
Now
Thrashes
Enemy
Dicks

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Redrix is a stupid amount of fun in the raid. Are you people crazy

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lack of hootnholler i suspect

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
yeah sure, fair point -- i haven't done the raid, and haven't bothered to watch streams or anything, so i don't know what the enemy density is like there. but i did see that in Gambit, for example, it didn't perform noticeably better than (e.g.,) a HC with rampage simply because teammates killing enemies starve Redrix of its ability to keep chaining Desperado. if there's not enough continual stuff to murder, it's mediocre.

i'm finally getting around to running the raid this weekend, though, so i'll give Redrix a spin there.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It feels like it was made with this raid in mind. So many red bars that have exactly 1 burst of health. And the raid has many, many segments where players are sequestered so nobody steals your Desperado Fuel

(Backup mag is the only correct mod for Redrix. Desperado lasts for 2.5 magazines with it!!)

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
In particular it rocks for holding down one side of Vault by yourself.

Psions and Thrall all take one burst.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Insane Totoro posted:

In particular it rocks for holding down one side of Vault by yourself.

Psions and Thrall all take one burst.

Fartbringer with taken mod takes out the whole pack with 1/3 of a burst

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Redrix was insanely cool and good before guns got a second perk. It’s a legacy of the dark times

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

How many thunderlord bullets does it take to kill Nova warp?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Redrix was insanely cool and good before guns got a second perk. It’s a legacy of the dark times

This guy and his opinions-based-on-spreadsheets! Log in to a Redrix-haver's account and proc Desperado even once. You'll be hooked! It's amazing fun in a way you can't account for in Excel.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

but redrix has 2 and another one plus barrels!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Nova Warp is 44% damage taken, 41 Crit damage and 30 body damage so: 18 Crit and 13 Body. That means 11 Crits puts you at 198 damage which is a kill up to 7 resil. Alternatively 15 body shots do 195 damage which kills up to 4 resil.

Thunderlord is 450rpm so 1.47s to 2s TTK.

With 4 fully masterworked slots Nova Warp is 36% damage taken so Crits are 15 damage and body shots are 11 damage which pushes Crits to 13 shots and body shots to 17-18 shots.

Eej fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 13, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

but redrix has 2 and another one plus barrels!

I'm trying to decide what the godroll Redrix is (which is insanely easy to get, since the crucible pool is tiny and Redrix only has randomization in two of 4 slots).

Ricochet Rounds for more range/stability, or Appended Mag/Extended Mag? You can get like 45 rounds in a mag with the mod and a mag perk.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Eej posted:

Nova Warp is 44% damage taken, 41 Crit damage and 30 body damage so: 18 Crit and 13 Body. That means 11 Crits puts you at 198 damage which is a kill up to 7 resil. Alternatively 15 body shots do 195 damage which kills up to 4 resil.

Thunderlord is 450rpm so 1.47s to 2s TTK.

[sound of nova warp using blink] lol ttk numbers if u can't hit me

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm trying to decide what the godroll Redrix is (which is insanely easy to get, since the crucible pool is tiny and Redrix only has randomization in two of 4 slots).

Ricochet Rounds for more range/stability, or Appended Mag/Extended Mag? You can get like 45 rounds in a mag with the mod and a mag perk.

a/e-mag + stab mw. that archetype isn't lacking for range in world of bathtub size maps! more bullets is more hootnhollerin

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The trick is to fire forever

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Arrowhead/Ricochet + Range Masterwork/Counterbalance mod

Maximize range and stability to proc Desperado.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Maker Of Shoes posted:

[sound of nova warp using blink] lol ttk numbers if u can't hit me

The answer to all things in life, of course, is Tractor Cannon

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

qbert posted:

Dirty Proud confession - I use a XIM so recoil isn't a thing. I need more BULLET

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

poooM thanks the bus driver

ur part of the problem buddy

Edit: the rest of the problem is that stopping adderall made me lovely at pvp again

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Emron posted:

You can't get the reset glory next Tuesday since the season is ending, I think, but nothing is stopping you from banging out that last 200 to put you over this week!

Eej posted:

Uh season ends on 27 so you have two weeks to hit 2100

thanks dudes!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Eej posted:

The answer to all things in life, of course, is Tractor Cannon

You can get killed by nova warp way outside of tractor cannons range

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

So I just logged in. The welfare glory ticked me into fabled on login, but the quest didn't immediately register. I just logged out and back in again and boom, lunas was done.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
high impact snipers only do 172 to the head for nova warp IF you can hit one playing not retarded

https://i.imgur.com/S1Zu4P3.gifv

lmao like the super is ridiculous and having hand held super nova on tap is more lol on top of that

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That would be a good point except that Handheld Supernova got nerfed yesterday and only does 40 damage now

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Maker Of Shoes posted:

high impact snipers only do 172 to the head for nova warp IF you can hit one playing not retarded

https://i.imgur.com/S1Zu4P3.gifv

lmao like the super is ridiculous and having hand held super nova on tap is more lol on top of that

Not counting masterwork armour of course, it's even less with 4 pieces

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

qbert posted:

Broadsword's recoil direction is 75 and Arrowhead Brake adds 30. Counterbalance mod is a waste if you have that barrel. If you're using it in PvE, you want Backup Mag. PvP? Install the mod that converts it to a Bygones.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Eej posted:

Not counting masterwork armour of course, it's even less with 4 pieces

less with middle slot snipers possibly? I typically run kinetic snipers but the thought is interesting. has some reddit sperg run weapon numbers or are they not effected?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is my chance of getting an exotic from "powerful gear" any better than just doing a crucible match or strike?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mikey-San posted:

Broadsword's recoil direction is 75 and Arrowhead Brake adds 30. Counterbalance mod is a waste. If you're using it in PvE, you want Backup Mag. PvP? Install the mod that converts it to a Bygones.

This fellow gets it. Bygones is the "Big PvP Guy" gun. Redrix fans know that their gun is best for Chill PvE Times.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mikey-San posted:

Broadsword's recoil direction is 75 and Arrowhead Brake adds 30. Counterbalance mod is a waste if you have that barrel. If you're using it in PvE, you want Backup Mag. PvP? Install the mod that converts it to a Bygones.

lmao if ur not maining a trace rifle or telesto in pvp forever. the gently caress is a bygones?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

actionjackson posted:

Is my chance of getting an exotic from "powerful gear" any better than just doing a crucible match or strike?

is no chance better than 0% chance? who knows

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

lmao if ur not maining a trace rifle or telesto in pvp forever. the gently caress is a bygones?

You gotta put SOMETHING in the slot! "It's kinetic slot lmao just use whatever" is the crucible motto

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

my Trust is glued into my Telesto slot but me and five buddies went into quickplay with 6 Telestos yesterday and it was hilarious

(i'm too lovely to get Luna, i roll with what i got)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"It's kinetic slot lmao just use whatever" is the crucible motto

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mikey-San posted:

i'm too lovely to get Luna

i can 100% assure you that you are not.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Mikey-San posted:

Broadsword's recoil direction is 75 and Arrowhead Brake adds 30.

In that case, Targeting Adjuster mod. Also I never claimed the gun was good. It sits in my vault as a testament to how much of a sucker I am for playing this dumb game too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Maker Of Shoes posted:

less with middle slot snipers possibly? I typically run kinetic snipers but the thought is interesting. has some reddit sperg run weapon numbers or are they not effected?

In the pre-Foreskin patch they removed Energy/Power weapon bonus vs supers so it doesn't matter. I think it was in the patch notes

Each MW armour level reduces damage taken while in super by 1% multiplicatively so to find your super damage reduction while in super you multiply damage taken by (0.99)ⁿ where n is the number of masterwork levels on your armour.