Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Complaining that a character should be made to look older in probably the most ethnically and culturally diverse game ever is such a weird thing to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Field Mousepad posted:

Complaining that a character should be made to look older in probably the most ethnically and culturally diverse game ever is such a weird thing to me

Or it's especially weird that it's so diverse and yet several women have effectively the same face

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I don't mind if they take certain heroes (Doomfist, sombra, bastion) and tune them to be "situationally useful" while tuning others (tracer, soldier, McCree) to be "useful in all situations" so as to keep the more "annoying" heroes from dominating the meta.

All that said, these changes might as well remove Doomfist from the drat game.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Ravenfood posted:

Or it's especially weird that it's so diverse and yet several women have effectively the same face

Similar yeah kind of, definitely not all the same. I'm pretty sure I could name every female character in the game by just seeing their face and I don't play the game very often.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Torb is pretty much straight up worse than he was before

I think the rework was good but he still needs buffs

One thing I'd start with is not making the Molten Core duration tick down while he's still animation locked

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Do think Torb needs a bit more tuning, but I do like him a ton more now after the changes. Plus I do not miss trying to take a control point and have the level 3 turret show up and ruin everyone day in Random Hero.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Weird. I like where Doom is right now.

If anything, I think they should detune his knuckle fire damage or spread and leave the combos alone. The only thing that kind of annoys me is how much damage he does with his primary fire. Particularly when both parties are floating in air.

If you land a solid punch on a squishy and survive, good on you.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

headcase posted:

Weird. I like where Doom is right now.

If anything, I think they should detune his knuckle fire damage or spread and leave the combos alone. The only thing that kind of annoys me is how much damage he does with his primary fire. Particularly when both parties are floating in air.

If you land a solid punch on a squishy and survive, good on you.

My favorite thing as Brig is when doomfists try to ult anywhere near me. Like...you know you're dead as soon as you do that, right?

Feel free to nerf him or w/e, lord knows Brig is getting brought down every patch.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sQdF2kjCTU

https://luciomusic.com/

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

My favorite thing as Brig is when doomfists try to ult anywhere near me. Like...you know you're dead as soon as you do that, right?

Feel free to nerf him or w/e, lord knows Brig is getting brought down every patch.

I play Brigitte because I live for that moment where I'm standing right beside a blocked Mei, meteor striking Doomfist or other person who I'm otherwise about to pounce on and eliminate. We both know what's about to happen and precisely when it will.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I love them to take away Tracer recall and blinks.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Was able to get some time on the PTR. It seems I never load in a QP fast enough to pick Ashe. I like her in No Limits but I really want to use her in normal comps.

I think reliably shooting the dynamite is the skill that determines if you will be good with her, the wide AOE and burn makes it a good way to get ultimate charge.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Is Ashe coming out tomorrow?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
They closed PTR so probably.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They had a option to preload the next patch since Friday so it possible. Ashe seems to move a lot faster then last few heroes, as she came out on PTR with her entire skins and voice lines up, compared to Hammond who didn't have anything for a few weeks.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Hammond was also pretty buggy on account of all the Weird poo poo he does. For all the poo poo I'll fling Blizzard's way, they've probably figured out "small-ish hitscan who can rocket jump on cooldown".

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
I'm currently installing a 19GB patch for the game on my PS4, so it definitely is going live right now.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I preloaded a few days ago, but this seems pretty svelte. This patch doesn't include the highfalutin backend/performance changes, does it?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
When is Ashe going to be playable on PS4?

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Spring Break My Heart posted:

When is Ashe going to be playable on PS4?

She already is, at least for me here in Europe.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ashe's ADS is bugged in the practice range and is erasing/glitching the training bots' enemy red outline.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Did anyone's ping go down noticably after the patch? I usually average between 45-55ms, but today I'm around 25ms with no changes other than the new patch. This is really neat!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol the best part of Ashe is that her POTGs come from BOB, but it retains her POV so you get to see their terrible, terrible aim while BOB does all the work.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
Quickplay is an absolute trash fire today, it's almost impossible to get a 6v6 game going because people leave the moment they don't get Ashe, so it's a never ending revolving door of people coming and going on both teams, I had one guy who straight up left the game six times in a row because he kept getting put right back into it time and time again and he never got his hands on Ashe.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Is no limits not up in arcade?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Is no limits not up in arcade?

It IS, I don't loving get it. I don't understand this goddamned community some times, or how its worse than MOBAs at times of peak population.

Max Awfuls posted:

Quickplay is an absolute trash fire today, it's almost impossible to get a 6v6 game going because people leave the moment they don't get Ashe, so it's a never ending revolving door of people coming and going on both teams, I had one guy who straight up left the game six times in a row because he kept getting put right back into it time and time again and he never got his hands on Ashe.

At least he left and didn't actively feed ults on doomfist/widow/genji/the usual suspects.

I just wanted to practice the new Reaper lifesteal changes and shotgun spread without affecting my comp SR, why any of this :gonk:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
today was indeed awful. I hate new character day.(launches game for 3rd time today)

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Every no limits match I did has one tryhard so it's 11x Ashe's and one Moria/Winston/Orisa. :bang:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
What are good counters to Ashe? I figure I might as well try them out to see how I do against her.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Heliotrope posted:

What are good counters to Ashe? I figure I might as well try them out to see how I do against her.

My #1 guess would be dive tanks, but I'm in bronze so maybe don't listen to me

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

My #1 guess would be dive tanks, but I'm in bronze so maybe don't listen to me

Probably true but I think Ashe has the same thing going for her as Moira, a tactic called "just leave".

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

BizarroAzrael posted:

Probably true but I think Ashe has the same thing going for her as Moira, a tactic called "just leave".

Widow's escape method has the same cooldown Ashe's does and dive tanks still manage to counter her

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Avalerion posted:

Every no limits match I did has one tryhard so it's 11x Ashe's and one Moria/Winston/Orisa. :bang:

Guilty as charged. I just love going Lucio with full knowledge that no one in the opposing team will absolutely not do anything of the sort.

Just doing my public duty of demonstrating why supports are important.

Whenever a new hero gets in there should be an arcade deathmatch mode with just that one new hero enabled. It would be a much better way to try out different abilities against other players with no objectives at all.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Heliotrope posted:

Tracer works pretty good. Ashe has a miserable time breaking barriers. Widow easily outranges her.

Honestly my initial impression is she's halfway between Soldier and McCree but with the weaknesses of both.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Tracer works pretty good. Ashe has a miserable time breaking barriers. Widow easily outranges her.

Honestly my initial impression is she's halfway between Soldier and McCree but with the weaknesses of both.

Limited experience playing Ashe on PTR, but I nailed Tracer every time she was close. That was in no limits for what it's worth.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I would assume it's the same as McCree. She wants to click on heads in rapid succession, just without the flash.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think I may be reading this wrong but what barriers does Tracer have?

Yeah I read that all wrong nevermind

Field Mousepad fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 14, 2018

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Heliotrope posted:

she can't do poo poo to doomfist

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Go figure I get a match where I finally get to be Ashe, and my team sucks rear end and can't deal with a single Tracer who keeps spawn camping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm just playing no limits to practice ashe. she's really fun but oof my aim