Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I can't find it on the Internet, and I've since binned my copy of it, but a white dwarf from ~a year back when 8th dropped had one of the Tale of 4 Warlord guys do a extremely sweet grey and bronze scheme on his plague marines as an elite choice slot for his iron warriors.

It was so good I used it as the basis for my death guard.

No where near as good as his but I really like it for a non standard paint scheme.

Edit: oh hey I had it on my phone, here it is from WD

Look great. What citadel green is that for the bototm guys you think?

e: looks like nurgling green with a wash I guess

queef anxiety fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Here’s what I’m currently working on, thank you for the goon who pointed me in the direction to orks having old-school sights.

I still think the gun and T&E are a little too beefy- I want something more ramshackle, like the kind on the back of a pickup:

Anyone have any bits ideas?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Doesn't work :(

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

OhDearGodNo posted:

Here’s what I’m currently working on, thank you for the goon who pointed me in the direction to orks having old-school sights.

I still think the gun and T&E are a little too beefy- I want something more ramshackle, like the kind on the back of a pickup:

It is my opinion that beastmen would totally have technicals and it would be totally rad.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

OhDearGodNo posted:

Heavy Stubber bits?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Fake James posted:

Yeah I just tried it and no luck :(

(I still bought a box of poxwalkers and more marines though. Probably need to convert somebody to hold the cleaver...)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sisters too. So both should improve, ensuring SM and GK are on the bottom until 9th.

Good

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

OhDearGodNo posted:

1. THAT IS GLORIOUS.

2. I get what you’re saying. Death Korps heavy stubber?

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Fake James posted:

They goofed and had it applying to stuff it shouldn't like gift cards and currency. Maybe expect a re-do?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

darnon posted:

They goofed and had it applying to stuff it shouldn't like gift cards and currency. Maybe expect a re-do?

I hope. Was about to pull the trigger on Blackstone Fortress.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Working on a Redemptor for my Ordo Xenos dudes (The Deathwatch detachment).

Pretty much done besides basing and one last pass with black to tidy up some of the larger highlights.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I like the blue flames. No silver left arm then?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

TheBigAristotle posted:

I like the blue flames. No silver left arm then?

I thought about it but then thought it would be too much on the flat surface, and then I thought about painting on loads of text in light blue over it, like on the moulded DW pads followed by the realisation that I'd mess it up, so it's stuck at black.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A fair point

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Today's rumor engine

And a preview of the hostiles in Blackstone Fortress.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
GW gets good use out of that potato camera.

ChezWagon
Aug 20, 2002
Its hot until you realize Im having a seizure

richyp posted:

Working on a Redemptor for my Ordo Xenos dudes (The Deathwatch detachment).

Pretty much done besides basing and one last pass with black to tidy up some of the larger highlights.

The lenses look amazing. I wish I could get my bloat drones lens to look half as nice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Huh. I didn't think GW would ever confirm they used additive manufacturing to prototype their stuff, and yet here it is.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They've showed rapid prototypes at events for years, the earliest I remember was a translucent Ork Trukk. More recently a friend discussed what machines they use with the guy who designed the Porphyrion (which they hadn't had time to sand down).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

They've showed rapid prototypes at events for years, the earliest I remember was a translucent Ork Trukk. More recently a friend discussed what machines they use with the guy who designed the Porphyrion (which they hadn't had time to sand down).

Huh. I had no idea. I figured they wouldn't want to talk about it too much.

If it's clear then they're using some kind of resin printer, which makes sense given their focus on detail. Could be a Formlabs Form 2 for example.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh. I didn't think GW would ever confirm they used additive manufacturing to prototype their stuff, and yet here it is.

I've seen multiple rumor engines now with this actually. I found some lines on a rock on my fulgrim base too.

I imagine for plastics they do additive first, followed by milling the steel molds which doesn't result in lines on the final product.

But for resin models the 3d printed one has to become the master, so they missed a spot.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The weapons for the sicaran omega (the plasma one) have obvious lines from the 3d printer for the master.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Did people think they were still banging out one-off molds for prototyping? I would be pretty shocked if GW wasn't 3D printing stuff.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

Did people think they were still banging out one-off molds for prototyping? I would be pretty shocked if GW wasn't 3D printing stuff.

I assumed that they would clean up the prints before moving to production, yeah

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Booley posted:

I assumed that they would clean up the prints before moving to production, yeah

I mean, yeah, just molding off of a 3D print with the lines and all is bad, but I was referring to prototyping.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

I am building a GSC army/killteam and I think it would be cool if the genestealers looked more human than usual. Does anyone know of an example of genestealers painted with a sort of "fleshy" tone?
No Purestrains, but my Hybrids have some.

richyp posted:

I did my Kill Team stealers in the same colour scheme as the Neophytes (which were in turn based on the old Space Hulk colours). This meant painting the Genestealer heads and hands in the same flesh colour as their 2 armed brothers in order to avoid adding an additional colour to the mix,

These guys are peak perfect Genestealer Cult.

And for new content, here's my "Jungle Daemons Maulerfiend" living statue. The razor-edged vines whipping around it count as Lasher Tendrils.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sisters too. So both should improve, ensuring SM and GK are on the bottom until 9th.

+ Necrons

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Nice alien man boyz

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BuffaloChicken posted:

No Purestrains, but my Hybrids have some.

These guys are peak perfect Genestealer Cult.

And for new content, here's my "Jungle Daemons Maulerfiend" living statue. The razor-edged vines whipping around it count as Lasher Tendrils.

I friggin love that deep green

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fuegan posted:

+ Necrons

Oh yeah.

Who is the absolute bottom? GK, then Necrons, then SM?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I would probably put necrons over vanilla SM, because they hold up better in casual from what I have seen.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

TheBigAristotle posted:

I friggin love that deep green

Seconded. That's lovely.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Just finished a match where a single lasgun did more damage to my opponent's Leviathan than two Basilisks, two lascannons, and a heavily damaged Baneblade over three turns of shooting :shepicide:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Seems like the first big killteam box is out of stock on amazon does the rogue trader one come with everything you need to play?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Seems like the first big killteam box is out of stock on amazon does the rogue trader one come with everything you need to play?

Yep

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Well, not everything. It doesn't have a core rulebook.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
questions about tyranids:

1) similar to a question above, if I got the rule book for KT and the Nids starter box I would have everything I needed to play?

2) are the hormagaunt and termagaunt boxes the same or is it like 2 bodies sprues and 1 weapons sprue?

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

DiHK posted:

2) are the hormagaunt and termagaunt boxes the same or is it like 2 bodies sprues and 1 weapons sprue?

Their bodies are different, so two totally different kits (the extra biomorph sprue may be the same). Termagants are running along the ground while Hormagaunts are much more dynamically posed - think leaping forwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

DiHK posted:

1) similar to a question above, if I got the rule book for KT and the Nids starter box I would have everything I needed to play?

Outside of the play area and terrain, yes.

The board in the box is 21"x31" iirc, but GW says it works just fine on a 2'x2' area.