Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, got my first legit dinner. Sanhok, FPP, Xbox, I played like garbage and got lucky. God drat what a rush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I would rather get punched to death looking for a gun than mess with melee.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

but what about the beautiful ballet that is the running leap punch dance?

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Is there a known issue with equipment being viewed incorrectly in deathcam? I just lost an encounter with a guy who, according to the replay, started out with a level 1 backpack, level 1 helmet, and depleted level 2 vest. He turns around and kills me, then you see his equipment list as a level 3 backpack, and a depleted level 3 vest.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Dangerllama posted:

Is there a known issue with equipment being viewed incorrectly in deathcam? I just lost an encounter with a guy who, according to the replay, started out with a level 1 backpack, level 1 helmet, and depleted level 2 vest. He turns around and kills me, then you see his equipment list as a level 3 backpack, and a depleted level 3 vest.

Spectator mode and death cam are totally borked, and they've been that way for a while.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I’m trying to wrap my head around how a bug like that makes it into a game. :psyduck:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I've seen armor show up late to the death cam but never wrong like you mentioned.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

A while back, there was a bug where it showed a lvl 3 helmet as a hat on replays. But this was before they moved level 3 helmets to crates only.

e: come to think of it I think it was the ballistic mask

Hockles fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 11, 2018

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Here's a clip from the replay. :iiam:

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

The desync fix is nice. Firmly cements my squad and I going out in final 2 squads in 75% of our games. Now I know I just suck and can't blame the bugs

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Just bought this game last weekend. Been waiting for the desync fix. First kill was on a rooftop. Myself and a squadmate parachuted onto a roof with an enemy. Said enemy punched my squadmate unconscious. I then punched the enemy unconscious, then crouched down and punched him to death. Luckily my noob self remembered to revive my squadmate afterwards :v:

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Congrats!

It's all downhill from here.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Chair In A Basket posted:

Congrats!

It's all downhill from here.

Hey sometimes you go uphill when you're on a bike and you want to do a sweet flip and explode when you hit the ground.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I played in a squad game with friends and we ended up getting into a fight with a squad full of other internet people I knew, and no one planned dropping together

My eyebrows shot into the roof, what are the odds of this even happening?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Xenaero posted:

I played in a squad game with friends and we ended up getting into a fight with a squad full of other internet people I knew, and no one planned dropping together

My eyebrows shot into the roof, what are the odds of this even happening?

Odds are decent, actually, as long as your playing the same mode (TPP/FPP, squad/duo/solo, map selection) and in the same region. Just queue up near the same time and you're more likely than not to be in the same game.

That's why there are so many stream snipers for popular streamers, or at least were back when streamers still played this game.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

Anyone else ancient (30+) and think this game plays a lot like the multiplayer in the first Operation Flashpoint game? I mean that in a good way fwiw.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Ardemia posted:

Anyone else ancient (30+) and think this game plays a lot like the multiplayer in the first Operation Flashpoint game? I mean that in a good way fwiw.

No, but parts of the gunplay really kicks off an Action Quake 2 vibe and I do not know why.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I mean it was an arma mod so yeah definitely has roots in operation flashpoint

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I mean it was an arma mod so yeah definitely has roots in operation flashpoint

That explains it then for sure :)

FunOne posted:

No, but parts of the gunplay really kicks off an Action Quake 2 vibe and I do not know why.

I could see that from the way handguns feel.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Ardemia posted:

To add to the above answer, Bohemia Interactive made OF, then ARMA, then ARMA II, then PlayerUnknown made a Battle Royale mod for ARMA II, then BI made ARMA III, then PU made a Battle Royale mod for ARMA III, then PU made PUBG (and other stuff), so the lineage is clearly there

E: I guess technically PU made Battle Royale a mod for the DayZ mod of ARMA II, since he kept the zombies and stuff in. For ARMA III, he scrapped the zombies and made a mod that was fully his own vision

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/PUBGEsports/status/1063522620920885249

Hey, we did it! Esports ready!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

man there's gonna be SO MUCH collusion in that series

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Hellsau posted:

man there's gonna be SO MUCH collusion in that series

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1032495180530835456

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Conflicted Greene and his 13 angry developers. NO COLLUSION!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Seriously though it's going to be extremely difficult to discern whether two or more teams are working together against the rest of the field simply because it is a perfectly reasonable play to look directly at another team and choose not to fire to avoid giving away your position and potentially get flanked, and it's also a reasonable play to start shooting at a third team when the other team starts firing first. It's a huge advantage, though, if you could collude with another group to pinch other teams and start taking them out.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

what are the chances the original collectors edition items ever go back up in value?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
100%. Hoard hoard hoard.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

You can pay $4.99 + tax for a name change now. PUBG officially fixed! Get out them credit cards, boys.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

owls or something posted:

You can pay $4.99 + tax for a name change now. PUBG officially fixed! Get out them credit cards, boys.

So the Something Awful model.

Ninjalicious
Feb 22, 2010
So who is organizing a Goon squad to compete in this bullshit.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
However bad PUBG is, remember that before it all you had was DayZ, and DayZ fuckin sucked poo poo.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Well, there was Arma 2 and Arma 3 battle royale before PUBG. Arma 3 BR was pretty fun and not bad.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
DayZ is not a battle royale game at all, no denying it sucks a lot though.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

DayZ was a pile of garbage compared to PUBG, and i play PUBG, but credit where credit is due: it was the first game I played that gave me the battle royale feel. once you learned how not to die to zombies, the real game revolved around the tense interactions between other players.

also the erangel map feels heavily lifted from DayZ.

but yeah most games ended with you breaking your leg on stairs for no reason and starving to death in a field.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Welp, the age old question has finally been answered. Snow is loud.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

How loud we talking? Scooter, old creepy fog noise, Erangel rain, plane, red zone?

e: also does everyone else remember how loving loud and annoying the ambient noise used to be? Glad they got rid of that.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I tried using the snowmobile as a road kill weapon but it's so slow and offers no protection. Worst of all, it doesn't even have a horn. I give the new map a 1/10, dead game.

Hellsau posted:

How loud we talking? Scooter, old creepy fog noise, Erangel rain, plane, red zone?

e: also does everyone else remember how loving loud and annoying the ambient noise used to be? Glad they got rid of that.

Roughly running on grass loud.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

yup cannot find a game

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Dino park is pretty cool, can't wait to see clips of final circles in the maze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

VulgarandStupid posted:

But the real question is do you leave footprints?