Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Kegluneq posted:

Imagine being the rear end in a top hat in the window seat who just reads a book during take off.

Nice to meet you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Edit - Nothing to see here

...now

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

British goons, I have a dumb question: Why is Corbyn depicted with one closed eye?

I’m looking at a picture of him and I guess one eye is slightly smaller than the other but not something I would base a caricature around.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Spun Dog posted:

Nice to meet you
At least switch seats so someone gets to see, it could be someone's first flight!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This one's perfectly on the nose, but not in the way Lester realizes.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ZD3_ppcPE

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Fulchrum posted:

Being stuck in a certain style doesn't make you delusional. Just cause he liked writing silver age comics and prefers that style to modern conventions doesn't mean he literally thinks it's still the 60s.

Stan Lee’s comics aren’t evidence of senility as much as his tv appearances. Clearly he had some problems for a long time, and it explains a lot of his behavior later in life. Watch Who Wants To Be A Superhero and you’ll see what I mean.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bad day posted:

I feel the need to point out Stan Lee went completely loving insane around ten to twenty years ago and has since been wheeled around in front of cameras and fed lines in order to keep the dream alive. Somewhere around that Who Wants to be a Superhero show it became clear that people were exploiting this man’s mental illness for profit?

Is that good? Bad? Who knows, but old man running around playing grabass literally not knowing what decade he’s in is pretty tame when you are talking that level of dementia. My friend’s grandfather strangled his wife with a telephone cord thinking she was a German soldier or something.

Anyway as you can clearly see from the few times someone in modern comics decided teaming up with Stan was a good idea, his ideas became progressively stupider and more delusionally relevant to the comics industry as a whole.

Not that I have a point here, exactly, just that a lot of people did not notice that Stan Lee has been batshit crazy and under full time care for some time now.

:colbert:
Newspaper Spider-Man has been delightfully stupid and batshit crazy.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
This is the only real obit for Stan Lee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU

Remembering his finest moment -- clowning on Rob Liefeld.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought cartoonists never gave a single poo poo and just showed every dead famous person going to Christian heaven.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I haven't paid much attention to Brexit over the last couple of months. Is it still on track to be a colossal political disaster?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Because the fat kid would have ratted him out right away as soon as the authorities came sniffing around. The other three would have done that too, almost everyone would have. In order for Wonka's scheme to work he needed someone good, someone trusting, someone who would give him the benefit of the doubt long enough to incriminate themselves while he made his escape.

That someone was Charlie.
Don't honest and scrupulous people usually make the worst marks for a con? Generally, you want someone who thinks they're managing to con you, because they will just ignore every single warning sign, completely sure they are in control of the situation. We've seen that time and time again in this administration, where none of the backstabbers can see it coming when Trump backstabs them.

So the best person to pick would have been Veruca Salt, since she was the one who crossed her fingers when promising not to give secrets to Slughorn.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cloud Potato posted:

Mac on... remembering the threat of Corbyn

Does Corbyn have some sort of squint?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Flipswitch posted:

How dare you shatter my illusion that Corbyn is Popeye.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Flipswitch posted:

QuoProQuid posted:

British goons, I have a dumb question: Why is Corbyn depicted with one closed eye?

Nah it doesn't depict or exaggerate anything about how he actually looks, it's just cartoonist shorthand for "this guy sure is crazy, right?"

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Crossposting from USPOL

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I want to get mad at that Garrison cartoon but every time I see it I'm cracking up over how stupid it really is.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

InsertPotPun posted:

At least switch seats so someone gets to see, it could be someone's first flight!

Some people just want to get from point a to point b and aisle is better for that.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

I haven't paid much attention to Brexit over the last couple of months. Is it still on track to be a colossal political disaster?
It's basically a disaster in general, because the UK doesn't have much of a foot to stand on, and the EU absolutely wants to gently caress them over as much as possible to discourage other member nations from getting the same idea. Basically without any kind of agreements in place, you get Hard Brexit which really sucks.

There has been talk of a second referendum to back out of this, but I'm pretty sure the shitlords will still insist the UK continue on this bullet train to hell.

AngrySpork
Nov 9, 2003

The most powerful voice in gaming

I know I'm being pedantic as all hell, but it bothers me that death is blowing the winds from the ocean, and not from inland like the Santa Anas

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pants Donkey posted:

the EU absolutely wants to gently caress them over as much as possible to discourage other member nations from getting the same idea.

Nah.

The EU is merely standing firm on its principles and not giving away its benefits for free. The UK wants to get out of a construct that has been tightly interwoven in their society for decades, and they're realizing that they'll lose a lot of stuff that they took for granted by doing so. They want to eat their cake and have it too.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pants Donkey posted:

It's basically a disaster in general, because the UK doesn't have much of a foot to stand on, and the EU absolutely wants to gently caress them over as much as possible to discourage other member nations from getting the same idea. Basically without any kind of agreements in place, you get Hard Brexit which really sucks.

There has been talk of a second referendum to back out of this, but I'm pretty sure the shitlords will still insist the UK continue on this bullet train to hell.

I knew all that much, I was just wondering if there was any actual changes, or if anyone had figured out a solution. So it turns out I wasn't not paying attention, its just nothing loving happened.

So, there's my update. "Day 873: Still so very very hosed."

Just to clarify, by shitlords, do you mean the House of Lords, who are poo poo, or the shitlord voters?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Stultus Maximus posted:

:colbert:
Newspaper Spider-Man has been delightfully stupid and batshit crazy.
Also iirc it mocked the whole idiotic "Spider-Man sells his marriage to Satan" thing from the regular comics.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

If I understand correctly the House of Lords is actually surprisingly progressive for a bunch of hereditary aristocrats and also has no real power outside traditions and paperwork which the House of Commons can just ignore if it wants, so the shitlords in question are presumably the current Tory government

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

:gowron:

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

D.N. Nation posted:

(10-second, 8-octave armpit fart)

Reminded me, one again, of this incredible caption:

which has had me bursting into giggles for the past week whenever I remember the words "metallic rear end plate".

(From here).

AngrySpork
Nov 9, 2003

I'm an idiot and posted an old cartoon.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Hobnob posted:

Reminded me, one again, of this incredible caption:

which has had me bursting into giggles for the past week whenever I remember the words "metallic rear end plate".

(From here).

thank you so much for sharing this
e:

im on the net me boys fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 14, 2018

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Crazycryodude posted:

If I understand correctly the House of Lords is actually surprisingly progressive for a bunch of hereditary aristocrats and also has no real power outside traditions and paperwork which the House of Commons can just ignore if it wants, so the shitlords in question are presumably the current Tory government

During the last Tory government it was actually the house of lords that rejected their tax cuts for screwing over the poor too much. Also the makeup now is a mixture of hereditary aristocrats and political appointees.

Apathy420
May 18, 2017

by Cyrano4747

AngrySpork posted:

I know I'm being pedantic as all hell, but it bothers me that death is blowing the winds from the ocean, and not from inland like the Santa Anas

How can you tell what direction they’re facing

AngrySpork
Nov 9, 2003

Apathy420 posted:

How can you tell what direction they’re facing

I don't know if I am missing some clever sarcasm on your part, but if not...

The smoke is blowing towards the east, which means the winds are coming from the ocean. However, with California wild fires, the factor that generally makes them very bad are the Santa Ana winds, which come from the east and blow towards the ocean (west).

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

fukkin lmao

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Stantis is reading the thread. :tinfoil:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It was only a matter of time.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Raised By Birds posted:

Stantis is reading the thread. :tinfoil:

Or he knows exactly what he was stealing from the entire time.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Ted Rall posted:

Gridlock Is A Good Thing

Predictably, after the 2018 midterm elections resulted in a split decision between a House of Representatives controlled by Democrats and a Senate and the White House controlled by Republicans, pundits decried the fact that split government would mean that very little would get done. Considering who the president is, is that really a bad thing?

Tags: Divided government; gridlock; Hitler; Nazi; 1936; 2018 midterm elections; newspaper; anti-Semitism;

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You loving piece of poo poo! You spent the entire goddamn month before the midterms saying that the Democrats couldn't take the senate, so it didn't matter if they took the house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hey Tedd gently caress the car, just you step in front of me and I'll crush you with my sheer anger.