Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
those mail in ballots arnt postage paid? jesus christ america cant be saved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Reclines Obesily posted:

we don't even get a free sticker

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Reclines Obesily posted:

mail in the us is run by a federal agency (USPS) and they are specifically required to always deliver a ballot, regardless of whether it has postage on it. if the ballot doesn't have enough postage, they deliver it anyway and then send a bill to the appropriate local election entity

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Istvun posted:

I think refusing delivery of ballots without stamps was ruled a poll tax. Maybe that was just in Washington and not Oregon though?

washington just started doing pre paid postage on ballots

they also have drop boxes where you can leave them and they’ll be picked up

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lutha Mahtin posted:

mail in the us is run by a federal agency (USPS) and they are specifically required to always deliver a ballot, regardless of whether it has postage on it. if the ballot doesn't have enough postage, they deliver it anyway and then send a bill to the appropriate local election entity

Well that's 33¢ in stamps I'm never getting back. Oh well.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

washington just started doing pre paid postage on ballots

they also have drop boxes where you can leave them and they’ll be picked up

Yeah I always used the drop box on election day before I left washington.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Reclines Obesily posted:

Varies by state, Illinois was postage paid

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I had to put two fuckin stamps on my absentee ballot

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1062517795454414849

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

We had some loving terrible incumbents this round. Im mostly talking about donnelly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Snoo posted:

I had to put two fuckin stamps on my absentee ballot

Yeah, California implies you gotta pay postage on your absentee ballot. It was a single stamp but still grrr

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The senate was chock full of races that were super unfavorable to the democrats, and the good thing is that a lot of poo poo-rear end democrats are now gone.

Sadly there's new poo poo-rear end democrats cause there always is

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Their models seem to work pretty well, and every election some Ph.D. gets into fights with him about it, and he always ends up being right in the end.

Coughsamwangcough

E:

quote:

When Wang called the race for her in mid-October, he promised to eat an insect if Trump got more than 240 electoral votes (he should end up with 306).

True to his word, Wang ate a honey-slathered cricket on CNN last weekend

Actually hes alright.

Shageletic has issued a correction as of 02:53 on Nov 14, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grondoth posted:

The senate was chock full of races that were super unfavorable to the democrats, and the good thing is that a lot of poo poo-rear end democrats are now gone.

please tell us more about your unique worldview :thunk:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Al! posted:

2012 was not that long between stalking brad garrett over some comp tickets and getting elected to public office in 2018

We need to all run for office.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

PEC was huge in D&D, probably because he was the "Princeton guy." He's real bad at doing any actual predictions, of course, but that's never really been something that "matters" to most people. He's got credentials!!!

Lol he was the guy i relied on to say trump wouldnt win to my coworkers. Luckily everyone at the office got ptsd so hard from trump winning that i think they forgot.

I work at a federal agency.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Grondoth posted:

Where Donnelly doth fell, Sinema shall take his place.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Could we at least wait until she gets sworn in and starts voting with Trump as a senator to shout about how Sinema Bad?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well that's 33¢ in stamps I'm never getting back. Oh well.

yeah what the gently caress I had to get stamps in tyool 2018

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Could we at least wait until she gets sworn in and starts voting with Trump as a senator to shout about how Sinema Bad?

Sinema didn't just materialize out of the aether, she's served 3 terms in the House. She's a pretty terrible Blue Dog. In the Senate she'll never be as awful as Manchin, which is probably not even possible.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

No, because her track record both in the state and in the House are absolute dogshit and it's unlikely she's gonna change.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

please tell us more about your unique worldview :thunk:

is it really too much to ask that dems don't run on building the wall

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Did she run on how awesome Trump is and how bad and crazy liberals are like Donnelly did?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

brugroffil posted:

Did she run on how awesome Trump is and how bad and crazy liberals are like Donnelly did?

She ran on being a bipartisan compromiser who voted for additional border funding, including the wall, and Medicare Extra buy in poo poo, so not fully, but close enough.

Serf
May 5, 2011

sinema is actually a deep cover agent for the anarchists and will suddenly reveal that she never changed right after being sworn in

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Serf posted:

sinema is actually a deep cover agent for the anarchists and will suddenly reveal that she never changed right after being sworn in

she'll reveal her eco-terrorist agenda with her first written bill to dynamite the hoover dam and restore the basin to its natural state

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Has anyone told Charlie Kirk?!

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Yeah as an Arizona I've been waiting hopefully for sinema to don the pink tutu and make out with a woman like 2003 sinema would've but I'm not optimistic because she loves power

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

yeah what the gently caress I had to get stamps in tyool 2018

[extremely podcaster voice] do u hate going to the post office? well i have some good news!!!!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lock her up

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/DKElections/status/1062545370155237376

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

sinema is bad but she’s a total weathervane. she’ll never defy leadership on any important vote. so gently caress it, who cares. also as bad as she is and jacky rosen too, neither is as bad as Donnelly and mccaskill were.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/1062530900423000064

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

sinema is bad but she’s a total weathervane. she’ll never defy leadership on any important vote. so gently caress it, who cares. also as bad as she is and jacky rosen too, neither is as bad as Donnelly and mccaskill were.

Remember when she said she thought of Russel Pearce as her boss and then had to walk it back? lol

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
wasn't the thing with wang and nate that wang called 2012 a little better than nate, but then 2016 completely destroyed wang's reputation because he muffed it bigly? iirc he had hillary as a 99-1 favorite

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

even if her victory happened it's not historic for th ereasons they say??? like charlie kirk was all omg the first asian american woman in congress and nobody will say so becaus she's republican :qq: but she's noet even close to the first asian american woman to serve in congress lmao

like off the top of my head there's hirono, duckworth, uh there's anothe rlady in the house from hawaii

\trumtp

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Apparently the candidate for superintendent in Arizona lost his poo poo on Twitter and deleted his account after his opponent declared victory

Twitter owns

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

alnilam posted:

even if her victory happened it's not historic for th ereasons they say??? like charlie kirk was all omg the first asian american woman in congress and nobody will say so becaus she's republican :qq: but she's noet even close to the first asian american woman to serve in congress lmao

like off the top of my head there's hirono, duckworth, uh there's anothe rlady in the house from hawaii

\trumtp

she is the first specifically korean-american woman elected to congress which sounds like much less of a milestone when you see it written out
except she's gonna lose lol

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

It's a lot more of a milestone if you try to not refer to places like Africa and Asia like they're these big homogenous monocultural continents hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

KiteAuraan posted:

No, because her track record both in the state and in the House are absolute dogshit and it's unlikely she's gonna change.

Maybe if we're lucky she'll hit her head and we get 2003 Kyrsten Sinema back

quote:

Sinema made the comments in an appearance on libertarian Ernest Hancock’s radio show on Valentine’s Day, 2003, a day before she helped organize an anti-war rally in Phoenix’s Patriot’s Square Park that condemned “terror” perpetrated by the American military in the Middle East.

“As an individual, if I want to go fight in the Taliban army, I go over there and I’m fighting for the Taliban. I’m saying that’s a personal decision,” Hancock remarked during his show.

“Fine,” Sinema said, “I don’t care if you want to do that, go ahead.”