Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You gotta put SOMETHING in the slot! "It's kinetic slot lmao just use whatever" is the crucible motto

And also quotes from my wedding night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dirty Proud confession - I use a XIM so recoil isn't a thing. I need more BULLET

What Xim settings do you use?

Actually, I'd love to see settings from all the Xim crew. (xim4 here)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mile'ionaha posted:

I used the bog standard Destiny 2 profile but changed the button mappings around. I've never tinkered with the ballistic curves of DPI whatsits. It feels noticeably different (worse) than actual KBaM gaming, but I'm so used to it now that I'd hate for it to change.

Did you change anything from the standard?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mile'ionaha posted:

i cram everything i can onto the mouse because i have about 5-10% strength in my left pinky and about 20% in my ring finger so i'm probably not great to ask. like i have crouch set to Q so i can have my middle finger rest in the break between W and Q and rock over to the one I need.

if you're playing a crucible game against me I will almost always juke to my right! :v:

https://i.imgur.com/xPm4Esn.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 14, 2018

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Mikey-San posted:

my Trust is glued into my Telesto slot but me and five buddies went into quickplay with 6 Telestos yesterday and it was hilarious

(i'm too lovely to get Luna, i roll with what i got)

I thought the same and yet here I am. I have a MASSIVE 1.6 kda and am a Lunas Haver.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

I thought the same and yet here I am. I have a MASSIVE 1.6 kda and am a Lunas Haver.

carrying a 1.0+ straight K/D, meaning you know how to win more points than lose, is second only to "map knowledge" in terms of being "good" at unbalanced bungie pvp.

abuse everything.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Here's an old clip I forgot to upload of me flailing wildly and getting way too many nova warp kills:

https://youtu.be/QQhjZTh1mgE

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't think there's anything special about my xim setup, the wasd stuff is standard and bumpers are on Q and E.

I have Y bound to middle mouse button to make weapon swaps faster, and mouse wheel up is sprint so I can flick my finger to run fast. I have a thumb button on the mouse bound to the 'turn assist' feature which lets me do 180's a little bit faster.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

90 more solar kills, 3 rumble and 100 precision to go.

I'm thinking I might be able to get this entire kill poo poo quest line done in what will be 4 sessions.

You really get hosed if you end up playing countdown over and over again. I think the first hour and a half getting the hand cannon kills I got about 40 kills and was at about 30%. Got 2 games of clash back to back and boosted it to 70%. The rest was slogging through survival and countdown.

If you could just go into clash or control it would be really quick and easy. Survival is pretty eh. Heavy spawns way too soon and too often and it pretty much becomes a shitfest.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I hope all my bros got their non heavy kills for whatever bounties before thunderlord lol

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I hope all my bros got their non heavy kills for whatever bounties before thunderlord lol

They can get plenty of kills shooting whoever tries to use thunderlord in PVP.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

rodbeard posted:

They can get plenty of kills shooting whoever tries to use thunderlord in PVP.

I’m getting conflicting reports here

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I’m getting conflicting reports here

Some people are effective with good weapons. Some people are bad with good weapons.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

There will be a Legendary that will immediately obsolete it on the grounds of it a) it doesn't require the Exotic slot and b) who gives a poo poo?

The pve utility may be cool and useful, lol, but pvp its day in the sun here is going to be short lived af.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

90 more solar kills, 3 rumble and 100 precision to go.

I'm thinking I might be able to get this entire kill poo poo quest line done in what will be 4 sessions.

You really get hosed if you end up playing countdown over and over again. I think the first hour and a half getting the hand cannon kills I got about 40 kills and was at about 30%. Got 2 games of clash back to back and boosted it to 70%. The rest was slogging through survival and countdown.

If you could just go into clash or control it would be really quick and easy. Survival is pretty eh. Heavy spawns way too soon and too often and it pretty much becomes a shitfest.

I'm 8 games in and not a single clash or control. I'm on the final precision step and this is a slog getting nothing but loving countdown

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I used the bog standard Destiny 2 profile but changed the button mappings around. I've never tinkered with the ballistic curves of DPI whatsits. It feels noticeably different (worse) than actual KBaM gaming, but I'm so used to it now that I'd hate for it to change.

Did you change anything from the standard?

I just copied people who spend time tweaking: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.0

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm 8 games in and not a single clash or control. I'm on the final precision step and this is a slog getting nothing but loving countdown

I feel for ya bruv, I really do. It's so loving lovely to spend 15 minutes in a game and finish with 8 or 9 kills because either your team mates or your opponents are thumbless and die too quick and get the same thing for the next hour and a half.

I'm not looking forward to the precision kills. I think I'm going to fill myself to the eyeballs with caffeine and beers and do it in one slog either till my shot goes to poo poo or the quest is done.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mile'ionaha posted:

The best Xim setting is setting it down on the edge of a cliff and then jumping off for being the kind of person who uses a Xim

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

What is xim? Is it the reason I keep getting blown away by people baseball sliding around corners with perfect shotgun aim?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The best Xim setting is setting it down on the edge of a cliff and then jumping off for being the kind of person who uses a Xim

It's actually crouch to my ctrl key so I can teabag you while I continue shooting your team mates.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Imagine three xims on the edge of a cliff. Comp works the same way.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

rodbeard posted:

What is xim? Is it the reason I keep getting blown away by people baseball sliding around corners with perfect shotgun aim?

Im more of a sideways titan skating while ventilating heads with a side arm kinda guy

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

I feel for ya bruv, I really do. It's so loving lovely to spend 15 minutes in a game and finish with 8 or 9 kills because either your team mates or your opponents are thumbless and die too quick and get the same thing for the next hour and a half.

I'm not looking forward to the precision kills. I think I'm going to fill myself to the eyeballs with caffeine and beers and do it in one slog either till my shot goes to poo poo or the quest is done.

74/100

please bungie...stop....no more countdown...im begging you

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
So when are we seeing what Black Armory is about?

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I did Luna precision headshots in two evenings and I assure you I am not some kind of pvp God. I am old and tired and used West of Sunfall with a targeting helm.

However I am now convinced that 4 stacks in Comp are a death wish unless you're all killers.

CheeseFactory posted:

Im more of a sideways titan skating while ventilating heads with a side arm kinda guy

God I'm almost there. They never expect a high mobility Titan with a gun!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Insane Totoro posted:

I did Luna precision headshots in two evenings and I assure you I am not some kind of pvp God. I am old and tired and used West of Sunfall with a targeting helm.

However I am now convinced that 4 stacks in Comp are a death wish unless you're all killers.

God I'm almost there. They never expect a high mobility Titan with a gun!

Telesto, panic knives and nova warp are all mega aids. Especially when a team is smart enough to use them consecutively rather than all at once.

Plz more control bungie I got a 25 kill game before. Need more of that.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I find it easier to grind out bounties and quest steps in Rumble. The good players seem to stick to other game modes and it's much easier for me to not have to worry about anything other than shooting everything in sight.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I'm done with competitive for awhile. I'm ready to admit I'm a QP whore.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm done with competitive for awhile. I'm ready to admit I'm a QP whore.

Noice! Gonna start my precision tomorrow / Friday. Got 3 games of Control in total tonight that really loving helped.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Menstrual Show posted:

Wait it’s not too late to get Luna’s Howl is it? I’m at like 1900 or so and was hoping to knock it out this week.

Too drat bad my friends are too busy dabbing in fortnite with 13 year olds even though they’re in their 30s and should know better.

Menstrual Show posted:

That was a subtweet at Betty’s bitch rear end btw if it wasn’t clear

el B posted:

poooM thanks the bus driver

Lmaoooo yea Battle Royale modes stole my heart. It doesn’t help that I’m mainly getting game time afternoon/early evening so no one is ever on when I play, so solo dropping BR games it is.

*dabs*

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Lmaoooo yea Battle Royale modes stole my heart. It doesn’t help that I’m mainly getting game time afternoon/early evening so no one is ever on when I play, so solo dropping BR games it is.

*dabs*

I offered to take PTO to carry his rear end and he turned me down to play his LEGO game

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

elpaganoescapa posted:

So when are we seeing what Black Armory is about?

Sure as poo poo not this Thursday. They got to congratulate everyone on how they took a 25 minute quest and spread it over 3 weeks (and gently caress I love time gated poo poo, but it was done dumbly). But major props to the intern who dusted off the Cosmodrome for us.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hippieman posted:

They got to congratulate everyone on how they took a 25 minute quest and spread it over 3 weeks (and gently caress I love time gated poo poo, but it was done dumbly).

Me either, man, I can't believe they made us wait nearly a month for this boring, embarrassing gun.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cvnvcnv posted:

Me either, man, I can't believe they made us wait nearly a month for this boring, embarrassing gun.

Thunderlord is cool and good and strong

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

Enhanced heavy lifting helm and treat it like a scout rifle

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

cvnvcnv posted:

I love the gun, its PVE dumb fun, my favorite kind of Destiny.

They should have designed the quest to be way more meaningful. Me and Mikey-San and haveblue were discussing it last night, it's really weird how it was tacked onto the Festival of the Lost, and then extends past the festival. It feels artificially inflated (yeah everything is artificially handled it's a video game but this more so). Like they could have had the Cosmodrome boss drop encryption cores that are needed to decrypt the thunderlord engram, and then it was like 1 million cores are needed, and then the entire player base runs the mission over and over to get to 1 million. Whip up a quick little website, and have an intern update the encryption core count every day at 10 AM PT. They could still stretch it out to 3 weeks, but with smoke and mirrors for it to feel decent.

thank you for reading my destiny design fan fiction.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Remind me again how many people still cared when Phantom Pain hit a million nukes.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I just wish Ghost would have said something during the mission. It felt both cool and empty.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lucas Archer posted:

I just wish Ghost would have said something during the mission. It felt both cool and empty.

He called you a scrub for picking a bad spot to hide from fallen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
there were a handful of scannable doodads scattered around