Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It all still depends on C, L and SD. Literally nothing has changed except that this time we're actually having a vote about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Potrzebie posted:

Are we really going to have racists in charge? Really??

It really was inevitable. Tax breaks and privatization outweigh a little racism.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well, you managed to stave them off for a commendably long time, but it seems like nobody can keep them out forever. :smith:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Lol

2018 is the year we just might have a vote on a Ayn Hobbit + Dweeb Hitler + Bootstraps Jesus government backed by passive support by Cock-Blocked Annie and Major Ambivalent. We'll see what the actual proposal M puts to the Riksdag next week. This will be a glorious mess.

Åkesson is already saying he requires "guarantees" from M to vote for them, and Kristersson is saying that he will have no further discussions. So either SD will fold, or M will fail. And that's not counting on whether L and C will fold when their principles are actually put to the test, and it's not just talk.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The thing is that we already have everyone go through the motions of this alternative and the endgame of that was Ulf holding a press conference and telling everyone that he's taking his ball and is going home. Nothing has changed since then, nothing at all.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I mean, a cynic might suggest that all the back and forth was just damage control so that they will have a certain number of people going "well, at least they held out an impressively long time" when they inevitably work with SD.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
If only SD knew that the modern neoliberal brand of libertarianism is actually pretty efficient at being racist in itself, with immigrants and 'others' generally being way more hosed than the pure Scandinavian ubermench, regardless of their ability, education, performance and so on. It's much more effective racism, because it's a lot more subtle and works at a structural level. I guess, like with DPP and the Danish social democrats, it's actually about being unsubtle though. Cruelty to immigrants is the actual goal, not the means to get there.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

Biomute posted:

I mean, a cynic might suggest that all the back and forth was just damage control so that they will have a certain number of people going "well, at least they held out an impressively long time" when they inevitably work with SD.

Yeah. This was what I thought on election night at least. I'm not sure that we're getting SD-supported M/alliansen yet though but I don't see a likelier alternative either.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/soffangbg/status/1059822078315188226

https://twitter.com/sr_ekot/status/1060120120071208961

This has got to be one of the biggest self-owns in what has at this point become a never-ending series of self-owns by S in Gothenburg.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 7, 2018

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Self-owns, eh? :v:

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Vad i helv...? I feel I've missed something in Gothenburg politics. How does far-left parties like V and Fi end up allying with the right over the Social Democrats?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Vad i helv...? I feel I've missed something in Gothenburg politics. How does far-left parties like V and Fi end up allying with the right over the Social Democrats?

Social Democrats stubbornly refused to talk and negotiate with them, instead pushing for a S + Alliance coalition for 8 weeks that was never going to happen. When the Alliance got rebuked by Demokraterna this was really the only alternative left.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Poil posted:

Bildt, Ulf och Åkeson
med er vi resa får
Alla i samma bil
tillbaka hundra år

?

Jag fattade just.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PakjHLcS_zU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Yeah but should be updated to:

Thor, Ulf och Åkeson
med er vi resa får
Alla i samma bil
tillbaka hundra år

Bildt is busy fighting his own party over ditching his wife as a candidate for the next EU election.
https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/val-2018/corazza-bildt-petad-efter-kampanj-fran-gubbgang/

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

lilljonas posted:

Yeah but should be updated to:

Thor, Ulf och Åkeson
med er vi resa får
Alla i samma bil
tillbaka hundra år

Bildt is busy fighting his own party over ditching his wife as a candidate for the next EU election.
https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/val-2018/corazza-bildt-petad-efter-kampanj-fran-gubbgang/

She was a straight haired brunette before she saw Bildt without his human disguise on.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

Katt posted:

She was a straight haired brunette before she saw Bildt without his human disguise on.

That picture immediately made me think Medusa

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Meanwhile in Gothenburg (probably)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE5RmE8doYc

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Katt posted:

I, for one, think that hair is kinda awesome.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Social Democrats wanted an "Australian style" asylum system, now they think those pesky conventions and stuff in the wake of nazi atrocities were a huge mistake.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/henrik-sass-vi-skal-rode-os-ud-af-internationale-konventioner-og-domstole

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:smithicide:

I'm almost ashamed to admit how long it took me to think of it.

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 13, 2018

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
liberals at their finest: refuse participating in a manifestation against antisemitism in memory of the kristallnacht because "there were crimes in the soviet union too"

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Them and SD as the only parties to reject it. Nice company they keep there.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The anti-V rhetoric is drudging up some of the worst parts of their base.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Scandinavian parties that self-identify as social-liberal always come off as more libertarian than anything.
Also, Communists will always be worse than Nazis in their eyes because while Nazis only want to rob some people of their freedoms, commies are out for everyone.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Biomute posted:

Scandinavian parties that self-identify as social-liberal always come off as more libertarian than anything.
Also, Communists will always be worse than Nazis in their eyes because while Nazis only want to rob some people of their freedoms, commies are out for everyonethe rich.

Fixed that for ya.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

SplitSoul posted:

The Social Democrats wanted an "Australian style" asylum system, now they think those pesky conventions and stuff in the wake of nazi atrocities were a huge mistake.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/henrik-sass-vi-skal-rode-os-ud-af-internationale-konventioner-og-domstole

Think of them as NATO for humanitarians, you sign on hoping you never have to live up to those obligations in an absolute sense. Climate migration will kill the genevé convention because nobody except those who desire chaos and anarchy will want to tripple their countrys population in a decade once poo poo really hits the fan. We'll see mass genocide and nazi revivalism long before we get to such a demographic shift, that's a goddamn garantuee, and not just for europe.

Timothy Snyder's your man.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/16/hitlers-world-may-not-be-so-far-away

I really recommend this read, because alot of this will be relevant to the consequences of climate change in the future unless we get our act together.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 13, 2018

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
:lol:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

The feeling when you lost a vote for prime minister, but at least you managed to ruin every political alliance you have (except with the tiniest right wing party).

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Way to go Ulf. Now piss off.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

This press conference is amazing. Ulf is so bitter. :allears:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

What's the next move?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I know that M's talent pool mostly consists of inbred aristo scum, but it's still pretty amazing how they managed to get somebody even worse than AKB as leader after they knifed her for being too dumb.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Katt posted:

What's the next move?

I don't think Sweden has tried a military junta before, so maybe that?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MiddleOne posted:

This press conference is amazing. Ulf is so bitter. :allears:

He is really annoyed at the press. I am loving it.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
gently caress it, let's implement Söder's dream scenario and have the king take over. I'm pretty sure he'd do a better job than Ulf & Co (and be less of a free market ghoul).

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Katt posted:

What's the next move?

I would suggest abolishing the government and returning to live as unclothed savages in the forests.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

throw to first drat IT posted:

I would suggest abolishing the government and returning to live as unclothed savages in the forests.

I don't think France can afford to have Paris ransomed on a monthly basis so better not.

Katt fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Nov 14, 2018

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

throw to first drat IT posted:

live as unclothed savages in the forests.

Temperatures may be higher than what used to be normal but it is still November so gently caress that.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Double Bill posted:

I don't think Sweden has tried a military junta before, so maybe that?
If we fail to form government power returns to the monarchy until the next election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Just have a new election, how hard could it be?