Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Nice piece of fish posted:

Just have a new election, how hard could it be?

Norlen has to repeat todays shinding three more times first and he sets his own pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

MiddleOne posted:

Norlen has to repeat todays shinding three more times first and he sets his own pace.

He’s should give Uffe the chance to fail four times in a row. It’d be glorious.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

No very well just might, everyone keeps forgetting that he is a moderate and not some neutral entity.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Do we have any reason to believe that any new election won't end up with the same results?

I doubt this will have reduced the number of SD voters. If possibly M voters.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Katt posted:

Do we have any reason to believe that any new election won't end up with the same results?

I doubt this will have reduced the number of SD voters. If possibly M voters.

If this clownshow continues and new elections are called, S will have a pretty strong argument that they're the only ones who can form a functioning government.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

If this clownshow continues and new elections are called, S will have a pretty strong argument that they're the only ones who can form a functioning government.

I'm not sure which group will be bigger: the number of voters who will leave M for being fuckups and cuddling with SD, or L and C voters who identify as Alliance voters and blame them for not taking one for the team and joining KD and M.

But the last few weeks have really put a big dent in Ulf's confident aura, where he pretty much waltzed out of a big failure of an election demanding to become prime minister. It'll be interesting to see how voters react to him, and in the longer term, if he'll get backstabbed by his own party. M is not great at handling failure.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Katt posted:

What's the next move?

We gave you a chance, you blew it.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Rust Martialis posted:

We gave you a chance, you blew it.

If that's a challenge to a royal meme war then you're on :black101:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Katt posted:

More likely to lead the country than Ulf.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The danish Dúnadan.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I’m still laughing at poor Uffe and his salty as gently caress press conference.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ulf wished upon a monkey paw for the votes to defeat S and he got them. Except the votes are split and he can't put them together.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Don't cast Wish if you don't have the Wis to word it properly :eng101:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Katt posted:

Schysst bössa knugen har

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Dude's a four-star general. Should be hunting in full parade uniform and a Psg 90.

E: Hunting for Danes, the traditional prey of Swedes.

Mr. Sunshine fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Nov 15, 2018

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Dude's a four-star general. Should be hunting in full parade uniform and a Psg 90.

E: Hunting for Danes, the traditional prey of Swedes.

Let's go out-law pariah state and invade Denmark over the Bälts this winter, it'll be awesome.

So in one week

a) Republican Congress has a horrible midterms
b) Theresa May's cabinet is imploding
c) Ulf Kristersson gets curbstomped in the Riksdag

I'm working up an apetite for bourgoise pain that will be hard to keep up with.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lilljonas posted:

Let's go out-law pariah state and invade Denmark over the Bälts this winter, it'll be awesome.

:yeshaha:

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Väntar på att Victoria ska kuppa och återinföra monarkin. :sweden:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

lilljonas posted:

Sure, you'll all invade, drink one Elefant, and pass out.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

Sure, you'll all invade, drink one Elefant, and pass out.

Fear us. We'll turn the entirety of Denmark into Strøget, filled to the brim of braying Swedish Groups of "girls night out" coteries and snus-drenched rednecks.

We have become death, destroyer of culture.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

So it looks like the new rule on A-kasse will go through in DK. Meaning you have to have lived in DK for 7 years in the last 8 to get daupenge. Any Dane (or EEA person like me) who went to school or lived abroad on sabbatår for 366 days or more in the last 8 years loses unemployment benefits on January 1, 2019.

The burning desire of DF to gently caress over immigrants is spilling over onto Danes...

Since I moved to DK in August 2017, I'll just drop out of my A-kasse till 2024, and pocket the 1000 kr a month.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

So it looks like the new rule on A-kasse will go through in DK. Meaning you have to have lived in DK for 7 years in the last 8 to get daupenge. Any Dane (or EEA person like me) who went to school or lived abroad on sabbatår for 366 days or more in the last 8 years loses unemployment benefits on January 1, 2019.

The burning desire of DF to gently caress over immigrants is spilling over onto Danes...

Since I moved to DK in August 2017, I'll just drop out of my A-kasse till 2024, and pocket the 1000 kr a month.

Very naive of you to think you were a dane just because you live there, talk the language and in all other respects are a dane. What a silly belief you had there.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Well, I guess that's the plan, get people to ditch A-kasser. Danes who have lived abroad also get put on "integrationsydelse", but that's the EU's fault, because they won't let Denmark discriminate.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

Well, I guess that's the plan, get people to ditch A-kasser. Danes who have lived abroad also get put on "integrationsydelse", but that's the EU's fault, because they won't let Denmark discriminate.

Yeah and integrationsydelse is... poo poo compared to daupenge.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The bougies want people to leave the a-kassa because they want employers to hold complete power over a workers life and to use that to drive down wages. Hard to do that when the threat of firing just means the person gets to sit at home with partial income for a while.

The next step is usually the undermining of labour rights and job security.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

To be honest I can see the point in limiting it for newly arrived non-citizens like me, but my GF is a native Dane who spent 3 years in grad school studying in the US and Canada in her mid-30s, and got a job a year ago when we both moved here. She contributed to A-kasse before, and since returning, but the law means she is just as unable to get A-kasse as me.

That part makes no sense, it's just they can't figure a way to legally discriminate, I guess?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah they know they’ll get sued and lose if they do it on basis of origin, so they’re loving everyone instead, which I’m sure they don’t really mind to begin with. gently caress the poor, you see.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The poors are only content and productive when they're being oppressed and punished, dontcha know.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Immigrant poor, to be precise. If you never leave Denmark, you aren't affected.

Edit: I suppose if a young person takes a 13 month sabbatår, they get hosed too.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Rust Martialis posted:

Edit: I suppose if a young person takes a 13 month sabbatår, they get hosed too.
Exactly. Went on student exchange? gently caress you.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

I should also be clear I came to Denmark as a dual-citizen Canadianon my UK passport at age 49, have a quite good job, inherited a support framework via my GF's family, work loves me, and I can run back to Canada if things get bad.

I frequently criticize Denmark politics and society, and worry about seeming ungrateful or close-minded.

My coworker is a SD memberin his kommune, and every time some national-level SD politician says something horrible I fwd it to him and his only defense is "the party at the kommune level is just totally disconnected from the national". He's a great guy, was in radical youth in the 80s, got arrested, and still believes, but he gave up defending the party at national level ages ago. He just works in his kommune to improve things. Adopted two Somali kids, youth worker, lay preacher, volunteers all over.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Local politics are very different from national politics, but if you vote for incredi-racist politicians, you get incredi-racist policies. If you're not ashamed by voting for the social democrats by now...

I have an uncle who has been a member of SD since the 60ties (including committees and such) and while he thinks the stuff they support on immigration is bad, and doesn't have a racist bone in his body, he has totally bought the narrative that Denmark is 1) just about to go bankrupt because of public sector expenses, 2) is about to be overrun by hordes of immigrants, we wouldn't be able to afford. Nothing can sway him from this, even though it's relatively easily provable, that the Danish society is wealthier than ever before, companies (big and small) have record profits year after year, consistently named 'best place to start a business'. He is still convinced that we somehow can't afford the traditional social safety nets for people, to pay for education, libraries, take care of the homeless or treat immigrants reasonably. He also thinks crime is worse and there is more violence now, than when he grew up, even though it's also demonstrably false. I've given up, because I've shown him the numbers several times, yet whenever we meet, he is right back at how we simply can't afford anything as a society anymore.

Between the austerity narrative and the some 70-80 of Danish politicians now supporting the horrifying, dehumanizing, immigration policies. I'd say that the extreme right has completely control over Denmark.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rust Martialis posted:

There are Danes who starve right now even without integrationsydelse, in such numbers that private citizens have had to band together to help them (i.e., Næstehjælperne), even though it's literally illegal for them to receive help and they'll be sanctioned if found out. Homeless people can be exiled from their municipalities for sleeping on the street, too, cutting them off from any public assistance.

Minister of Employment just announced that "people who can, but refuse to work" will suffer harsher penalties. You've never been able to refuse without immediately losing your benefits and then billed for them, it's totally divorced from reality. There's structural unemployment that ensures there won't ever be enough jobs. However, they have also promised to magically turn 20,000 sick people employment-ready, no doubt this is one stick they'll be using.

Personally, I'm just surprised nobody has suicide bombed a job center yet.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The US has already proven that as long as you arm your police enough there are no consequences to these kinds of policies (well, in the short-term).

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

<makes strangled vomiting noises>

What the gently caress, Denmark?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Turns out that Denmark was a mistake.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cerebral Bore posted:

Turns out that Denmark was a mistake.

Let me tell you, it's really awesome when Laura Lindahl, Liberal Alliance employment spokeswoman and person who has literally never held a proper job in her loving worthless life, goes on TV and tells a former manual labourer with degenerative joint disease, who's on his ninth work ability evaluation in the 12 years he's so far been trapped on welfare, that he "doesn't look particularly sick". He's elegible for mobility aid. The dude's online activism was also used against him to deny him a flexjob*, but that's another matter. Lindahl, meanwhile, is just a year older than I am, but can retire a full 11½ years before me and gets something like four months vacation, because politicians are special apparently. She's backed by her party colleague, the former athlete apeman who managed to run a company called Steel Balls Unlimited into the ground and lived most of his professional life on everyone's taxes. The party is largely backed by a rich shithead who moved to Switzerland to avoid taxes.

*Limited employment for people with reduced ability to work.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 20, 2018

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The sooner we fire up the guillotine, the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
The way the winds are blowing in Denmark, there is not going much work for the guillotine, rather it's helicopter rides for the poor and immigrants, or that's probably too expensive for the efficiency obsessed late stage capitalism. Letting them starve to death, while pretending there is is a functional welfare state seems more likely - preferably out of view of Noma and the opera.

To be fair completely fair, and more reasonable, with regards to liberal alliance: they are without a doubt the most incompetent, most hypocritical, and by far the most corrupt, political party in Denmark. It's not really that surprising, considering they were founded by a literal Ayn Rand fetishist 'investment bank' owner, and filled to the brim with the upwards failing, inbred, moronic, spawn of the wealthy. There is literally no atrocity against actual liberal values, these "liberals" will not support, if it means they get to undermine the welfare state in return somehow. I'm constantly baffled by the sheer stupidity of the people in that party, the terrifying 'unrationality' of their ideology, and even more by the tragicomic people who actually votes for them, I mean, there is stupid and then there is those imbeciles - and yes, they're part of the current government. Now, let me tell you what I REALLY think ... :argh: