Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
I think I would take Amazon's money but not bezos', too.

Though a lot of regular people have amzn stock (the lucky fucks), so not above a few mil. Not enough to make the stock suffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
They're insured up the rear end, theft won't make a dent

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

RFC2324 posted:

I dunno about self righteous, but I do have a thing against stealing if its not a choice between that and starvation.

Yeah. It’s wrong unless there’s a really strong justification for it.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

therattle posted:

Yeah. It’s wrong unless there’s a really strong justification for it.

Oh it's "wrong". So what? There's no hell and being in trouble is a fake idea.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Local Weather posted:

No, there is a hell, there's just no heaven.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Local Weather posted:

Self respect.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
just lol at anyone worrying about the ethics of stealing from a dude whos fortune is built on the backs of literal slave labor. you weenie dorks.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Like there's a reason bank robbers can be interchangeably cast as heroes or villains at the very least

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I bought a hard drive from Amazon a few weeks back just because I needed to move files around drives that needed reformatting. Thrashed the gently caress out of it, got what I needed to do done and returned it for a full refund minus £3 shipping. I feel bad now because that will probably cause AMZN to tank and cause a recession. :ohdear:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
I sold a defective joy-con to EB Games at the advice of a Gametraders clerk and felt nothing but pride

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I sold a defective joy-con to EB Games at the advice of a Gametraders clerk and felt nothing but pride

You're why Game Stop won.

And lol at people itt who wouldn't rob Bezos. You could steal enough from him to live the rest of your life in comfort and it would barely be a rounding error for him,

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

I bought a six month subscription to amazon prime off ebay for like 3 usd.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I keep getting recruiter emails from Amazon but I don't think I could morally justify working for them

I of course patronize them constantly because holy poo poo their service is so goddamn convenient

If it helps there's no ethical consumption under capitalism anyway

H.H posted:

Note to the last anon and all self harming goons: I will not be posting your disfigurement pics, and I really hope they're not really yours.

If you want to share self-harming thoughts ( NOT SUICIDAL IDEATION!) you're welcome to, but gross out pics are not acceptable.

I left the toenail goon's email unread for a while because I didn't want to even click it

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone that believed the followup to cheater goon is ridiculous. Yes, this hot chick is sexting with this dude on STEAM CHAT.

Aspiring creative writer goon, next time say they were chatting on snapchat or kik or literally anything other than the chat format whose user's average weight is 360 lbs.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
lol look at this fool who never got sexted on steam

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

zapplez posted:

Anyone that believed the followup to cheater goon is ridiculous. Yes, this hot chick is sexting with this dude on STEAM CHAT.

Aspiring creative writer goon, next time say they were chatting on snapchat or kik or literally anything other than the chat format whose user's average weight is 360 lbs.

I thought he started using Steam Chat because it was a suggestion from here?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I bought a bunch of N64 games from Sears for $4/each when they were getting rid of Nintendo stuff, and returned them sealed to different Best Buy stores for $60+ tax (which was more than $4 lol) and had a wonderful spending spree.

I regret nothing.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

buncha libertarians up in here

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

RFC2324 posted:

buncha libertarians up in here

rude and gross

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

quote:

Mouth/Grizzly goon update: just got back from the dentist. Both the hygienist and my dentist had a look at my mouth and concluded that I have nothing to worry about (as long as I quit dip, which I am already doing). Only a tiny bit of tissue buildup, but no cancer. It’s an understatement to say that I’m relieved.

Thanks for your encouragement. I think it’s safe to say that I’m never going to touch tobacco again, given how the relapse sent me into a fit of anxiety. This thread has made me a slightly less lovely person, and for that I am forever grateful.

Another confession thread success story!

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

H.H posted:

Another confession thread success story!

I wouldn't call it a success story since that goon's life actually got better, not shittier. Let's face it, we like it better when they gently caress up (see cheating goon)

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Success for the thread vs success for the confessor. Hmm.

Is it a confession thread success story if one of the murderous rape victims we've had write in finds peace or if they pull off the murder?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

New Wave Jose posted:

I wouldn't call it a success story since that goon's life actually got better, not shittier. Let's face it, we like it better when they gently caress up (see cheating goon)

Point taken. But mouth cancer sounds so horrible, it's not a fun read, at least for me it isn't.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Woah I forgot about this thread. I'm gonna bring back the edgelord study

Imo rank is more useful than score because it gives you an idea of where you are compared to everyone who took the test. I got fuckin 9% (1.6) on greed and 72% (3) on self centeredness. I got 14% 1.8 on psycho so I guess that's good? Everything else is under 45 except sadism that's 55%

38% 2.4 overall. After thinking about it, yeah I actually would do some hosed up revenge poo poo or hands down instantly steal a million bucks if I couldn't get caught. Who the gently caress wouldn't take the money and run what the gently caress kinda question is that? I demand to know what dumbass would not steal one loving million bucks in that situation! Ain't no fuckin orphans have a million. Besides you could do good with that and still be made if you take care of it right.

I feel like naming the trait "Machiavellianism" kind of does a disservice to the book tho

i got fuckin 2% on greed and 99% on moral disengagement

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Puppetmaster sent in another fesh getting mad at H.H for thinking his last email was about Pick (it was actually a direct response to the guy who broke up his sister's marriage) because his passphrase references Pick. I could post it but it's boring; H.H knows where to find the email if he wants to see it :shrug:

Here's the original one though

quote:

This is the puppetmaster speaking. This isn't a confession, per se, but since my whole "thing" is being anonymous I can't just reply in the thread.

First, so-called-puppetmaster (if that is your real name), it's actually *harder* to manipulate people online than IRL, at least, if you're not some sadsack spergin' goony gently caress. There's so much more signal IRL - body language, facial expression, tone of voice... but if you can't relate to people I guess it's better to sit behind a computer so they don't bitch slap you when they immediately figure out what you're attempting :lofty:

I noticed your sister's main crime seems to be being "smug". What makes your sister "smug" OP? Because she wouldn't gently caress you? Has friends, goes to parties? God, what a loving Stacy - entering into a loving monogamous partnership. :rolleye:

You are no puppetmaster, you are the puppet - your broken brain that was warped by watching too much of the hit 1994 Jim Carrey comedy "The Mask"[1] as a child is pulling the strings.

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXI_t5qyAQY

You know you can just post in the thread normal-style and you can get your thoughts out even if people don't know they were written by "The Puppetmaster" right? They don't actually have to be associated with your fesh brand. Just be a normal poster

quote:

someone sent me this because they know I like to troll Reddit and thought it was mine. Now I'm super freaked out because I didn't post it, and if I didn;'t and my friend who also trolls the relationships thread didn't post it, it might be real: https://old.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/9vb4hf/my_32_m_girlfriend_23f_violated_my_privacy_and/

Here's a link to see the deleted posts: https://snew.github.io/r/relationships/comments/9vb4hf/my_32_m_girlfriend_23f_violated_my_privacy_and/

Anyway honestly I wouldn't worry about it. For one thing I'd bet there are more than two people total posting fake content to r/r, and for another thing, if it is real, a creepy dude's girlfriend stole his phone and broke up with him, so what?

From what I can tell that guy's biggest mental issue seems to be spectrum-related anyway

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Goddam, we need to inject some life back in to this thread.

Where is therapy goon?

Or at least the boning his hot co-worker, while breaking up his boring marriage goon?

So Celsius starts with a C, know what else starts with a C? COMMUNISM!!

Fahrenheit Starts with an F, and also what starts with an F? FREEDOM!!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Puppetmaster confessor is the most boring of all the regular confessors we've gotten.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Puppetmaster confessor is the most boring of all the regular confessors we've gotten.
Indeed

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

wesleywillis posted:

Goddam, we need to inject some life back in to this thread.

Where is therapy goon?

Or at least the boning his hot co-worker, while breaking up his boring marriage goon?

So Celsius starts with a C, know what else starts with a C? COMMUNISM!!

Fahrenheit Starts with an F, and also what starts with an F? FREEDOM!!

I wasn't around for therapy goon, but we need to Bat signal the hot coworker goon. That poo poo is like heroin. Maybe he's already living out of his car now :shrek:

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
That’s no excuse, I remember a thread in which a goon posted regular updates of his situation from the library in spite of living in his car and giving himself food poisoning from eating expired sausages that had stayed in the sun. :colbert:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

loquacius posted:

his passphrase references Pick

lmao

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It's me, I'm the puppetmaster.

ha ha! I fooled you! I'm actually not the puppetmaster, but rather a puppetmaster doppelganger!

geez this feels pretty lame tbh

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

SciFiDownBeat posted:

It's me, I'm the puppetmaster.

ha ha! I fooled you! I'm actually not the puppetmaster, but rather a puppetmaster doppelganger!

geez this feels pretty lame tbh

I’M THE TRUE PUPPETMASTER! Dance as I command you fools! Metric is the superiour measurement! Kelvin is right out and Fahrenheit is for plebs. MWAHAHAHA! Dread Lord Cthulhu, this is tiring and I have no idea how someone could be entertained overlong doing it.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 12, 2018

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

HerStuddMuffin posted:

That’s no excuse, I remember a thread in which a goon posted regular updates of his situation from the library in spite of living in his car and giving himself food poisoning from eating expired sausages that had stayed in the sun. :colbert:

they were clearly spoiled too it owned

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

stop posting puppetmaster confessions imo, they're dull and stupid

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Space Camp fuckup posted:

stop posting puppetmaster confessions imo, they're dull and stupid

Yeah, I agree. If we can't get disgusting toenail pictures and stuff then I don't wanna skim even more boring crap.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

My confession is that I'm about to disappear...

I'm applying for a few jobs, and one is 100% remote.My family isn't very nice, I feel distant from my "friends"... it might be nice to start over.

It would be relatively easy. Forward all my mail to a PO box, change my phone number, change my email, avoid using credit cards out and about.

I'd be "on the grid" in the sense someone could track down my ATM usage or trace the new cell number I give out to a cell tower, or stake out my PO box, but for the most part I'd be anonymous. I like the idea of being a sort of urban-Thoreau. Not backpacking around like a digital nomad, but picking a cheap city, finding some cheap place to live and spending a lot of time reading (the global brain is cool and I never had time to read Godel, Escher, Bach in grad school), watching movies and :420: when not doing my engineer work. I have a few ideas of where I'd go to do this but obviously I'll leave it to your imagination and just say they're within the USA.

I'm not like, a weird incel or anything and I think in the long term I'd join some clubs or something, but I think 6 months to a year of a kind of urban monk existence might be nice.

People do weirder than this all the time, honestly, go for it :shrug:

I wouldn't worry about being tracked down by detectives or whatever though. Even if a relative does find out where you are somehow, the worst you'd have to endure would be a worried phone call in which you tell them you're just taking some time to travel by yourself and that'd probably be it.

quote:

I stopped aging at about 30. Not a thing has changed since then. Not one grey hair, no wrinkles, no bad knees. I travel the country, screwing college girls everywhere.

I am 71.

You forgot the part where there's an oil painting of you in your basement which grows increasingly decrepit and riddled with pox and corruption

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Lucky(?) you, for some reason I still had it bookmarked!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743191

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
You may want to consider the uhhh depression part of your quest. Being alone with no human contact for extended periods can suck, even for introverts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Immortal goon should submit their dna to the CDC or something