Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

eke out posted:

hmm a meaningless, nonbinding resolution introduced by republicans in July solely to create division within the democratic party? why yes we definitely should exile her for that vote

or did you forget the part about how it was a purely symbolic political stunt meant to be fodder for the election

Now this is just me, but personally? I refuse to support a person who votes to support concentration camps for children. But that’s just me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

If nothing else, her emails taught me she used to worry about DVRing the Good Wife and Parks and Rec...just like me!

Her social media team does a good job, but I highly doubt she is involved very much. It used to be 'her' tweets were signed with an '-H' - can't recall seeing much of that lately.

It's her fault, she cleaned her monitor and heard computers were not usable when you wipe them with a cloth

Terror Sweat posted:

Now this is just me, but personally? I refuse to support a person who votes to support concentration camps for children. But that’s just me

But it was a ~*PRAGMATIC*~ vote

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Terror Sweat posted:

honestly it is hosed up millions of arizonans made her a senator for the democratic party

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nice piece of fish posted:

What even is marxism really? I mean what does the right wing idiot comic man mean when AOC demands marxism now? She demands a paradigmal shift in the analysis of economic and social theory from the materialist perspective of primarily german egalitarian philosophy?

They don't even know any more because they call literally everything marxism and that's also why marxism can't be used to scare young people

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

USPOL Winter: a cocoon of bitterness and resentment

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

eke out posted:

only reason the bill was put forward was to give red state democrats two bad options with their own party to say "Don't come out and vote for her, she [supports/won't vote against] ICE" and one even worse option with their states' conservative majority, "She supports abolishing ICE!!"

you're apparently so loving naive you'll do the work for republicans

No, red state dems had one option: don’t pay lip service to fascism. Don’t normalize fascism. This is pretty easy poo poo if you’re a democrat. We’re not supposed to support racism, sexism, and most of all fascism.

Why should there be room for people in the party who look at children being separated (permanently in many cases) from their parents and sign a bill in support of that poo poo?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
We used to call this Netflix and Chill, but no one is really chill in the late 2010s.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Terror Sweat posted:

Well presumably both people in that race did so what's your plan?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Condiv posted:

No, red state dems had one option: don’t pay lip service to fascism. Don’t normalize fascism. This is pretty easy poo poo if you’re a democrat. We’re not supposed to support racism, sexism, and most of all fascism.

Why should there be room for people in the party who look at children being separated (permanently in many cases) from their parents and sign a bill in support of that poo poo?

if only y'all had tried a little harder to stop people from voting for her, we might have had a republican in the seat instead. better luck next time i guess

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

eke out posted:

if only y'all had tried a little harder to stop people from voting for her, we might have had a republican in the seat instead. better luck next time i guess

So, are you just pissy about the criticism of Sinema's lovely position? Since the election is over, what is your point?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

fishing with the fam posted:

So, are you just pissy about the criticism of Sinema's lovely position? Since the election is over, what is your point?

since I was responding to someone saying we should kick her out of the party because of a symbolic vote months ago designed solely to gently caress people like her, I guess my point is, "no"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

eke out posted:

Y’all screamed and cried at the very thought of dems not voting straight ticket blue. Now you say I should’ve been advocating against people voting for racist dems like manchin or sinema

Which is it? Prevent them from getting into office, or help them get into office and pressure them to not be poo poo? Cause right now you’re arguing against the latter and before you were arguing against the former

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

eke out posted:

hmm a meaningless, nonbinding resolution introduced by republicans in July solely to create division within the democratic party? why yes we definitely should exile her for that vote

or did you forget the part about how it was a purely symbolic political stunt meant to be fodder for the election

I'm only standing with the Schutzstaffel symbolically for short-term political gain, but I'll definitely oppose them when the stakes are even higher for me

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

haveblue posted:

They don't even know any more because they call literally everything marxism and that's also why marxism can't be used to scare young people

Well sure, they very obviously don't understand it because it really seems like a literal case of that word not meaning what they think it means. Unless they rabidly object to someone calling for socioeconomic analysis from a materialist perspective coloured by egalitarian 19th century german philosophy, I dunno maybe I just misunderstood the comic

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Condiv posted:

Y’all screamed and cried at the very thought of dems not voting straight ticket blue. Now you say I should’ve been advocating against people voting for racist dems like manchin or sinema

Which is it? Prevent them from getting into office, or help them get into office and pressure them to not be poo poo? Cause right now you’re arguing against the latter and before you were arguing against the former

you already did advocate against them, it just apparently didn't work, now you're trying to tell us they can't be members of the party

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1062712453031751680

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

eke out posted:

since I was responding to someone saying we should kick her out of the party because of a symbolic vote months ago designed solely to gently caress people like her, I guess my point is, "no"

The post you responded to said this:

Condiv posted:

and for some reason, we have to pretend this woman should count as a democrat?

I read this as being critical of Sinema's position as not being representative of what the party should stand for, not literally "remove her from the democratic party by force!"

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Captain Invictus posted:

So the donald is just openly calling to arms now, seemingly en masse, I know reddit doesn't want to shut it down because TD denizens are truly the craziest of the crazy and they're scared reddit hq will get shot up or whatever, but at what point will they actually be forced to shut it down?

Or is it just a massive honeypot?

An interesting question, given what’s happening with Gab. The cynic in me assumes it’ll only happen after they plan a murder openly.

WaPo posted:

Court papers assert that after his brother’s death, Jeffrey Clark posted on Gab a photo of the brothers wearing masks and holding a shotgun and a rifle, in front of a flag with a skull and cross bones. The documents said Jeffrey Clark posted a description of himself as a “Meth-Smoking, Pipe bomb making, mailman-murding . . . Che Guevara of the altright.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...c180_story.html

The problem with it being a honeypot is assuming the federal government wants to look for non-brown terrorists, having cut that part of their operations early on in this administration.

quote:

A D.C. man who described himself as a white nationalist to law enforcement officers and became a social-media follower of the suspect in the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting has been arrested on a gun charge after his worried relatives contacted the authorities, according to federal court filings

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

The Conservative definition of Marxism is "anything that takes money from the wealthy and distributes some to the good of all, whether through public works or direct wealth transfer"

poo poo, am I a Marxist for getting a paycheck? :ohdear:

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Condiv posted:

And somehow the answer still remains, "Primary as far left as you can, but vote however you need to in the general in order to keep the even worse candidate out of the office."

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

eke out posted:

you already did advocate against them, it just apparently didn't work, now you're trying to tell us they can't be members of the party

Why do you want people who normalize fascism in the party? Is that the sign of a healthy Democratic Party to you?

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Skeletor aka Rick Scott is attending the orientation for the new class for Congress. Awfully presumptuous of him.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Condiv posted:

Why do you want people who normalize fascism in the party? Is that the sign of a healthy Democratic Party to you?

Read the post right above yours then read it ten million more times til it sinks in

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Some of the most galaxy brained poo poo I've ever seen:

CNN Jim Acosta’s name is NOT Jim, his real name is ABILIO ACOSTA... Why is Jim Acosta ashamed of his Hispanic name?? JIM .... errrr.... ABILIO ACOSTA IS A RACIST RACIST RACIST

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eke out posted:

That's fair, also why are people mad at Manchin? He has a D right next to his name you guys

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

tetrapyloctomy posted:

And somehow the answer still remains, "Primary as far left as you can, but vote however you need to in the general in order to keep the even worse candidate out of the office."

Could’ve sworn there was more to that. Something about how those candidates should be pressured to do better. Guess in reality I’m supposed to just shut up and support a dem when they buddy up with fascism

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

fishing with the fam posted:

The post you responded to said this:

I read this as being critical of Sinema's position as not being representative of what the party should stand for, not literally "remove her from the democratic party by force!"

i dunno, unless you think Condiv is saying that we should make sure fascists stay in the party

Condiv posted:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Nice piece of fish posted:

Well sure, they very obviously don't understand it because it really seems like a literal case of that word not meaning what they think it means. Unless they rabidly object to someone calling for socioeconomic analysis from a materialist perspective coloured by egalitarian 19th century german philosophy, I dunno maybe I just misunderstood the comic

The right has been using Marxism as a pejorative for anything vaguely leftist for like 60 years.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If Nazis were to come in vogue in Georgia, the current argument is we shouldn't fault someone with a D next to their name if they vote for a measure to kill the Jews because the other option was to not kill them and they might lose the election

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Tatsuta Age posted:

Read the post right above yours then read it ten million more times til it sinks in

Ok, so shut up and support sinema in her efforts to normalize fascism. What I don’t get is why I’m forced to both support fascism enablers in the general and not criticize their lovely behavior outside of the election cycle

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Condiv posted:

Ok, so shut up and support sinema in her efforts to normalize fascism. What I don’t get is why I’m forced to both support fascism enablers in the general and not criticize their lovely behavior outside of the election cycle

Because they have a D next to their name jesus christ dude

FFS: the future of the human race is at stake, we need to elect Democrats despite these flaws so they can... institute a cap and trade system.

Ate My Balls Redux fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 14, 2018

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Just nominate Donald J Trump - D on a unity ticket in 2020.

He supports ICE but who cares, look at the D right there next to his name!

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

If Nazis were to come in vogue in Georgia, the current argument is we shouldn't fault someone with a D next to their name if they vote for a measure to kill the Jews because the other option was to not kill them and they might lose the election

You seem to have trouble understanding the difference between “Nobody can be perfect, but we should support people making an effort and not disown them because they made a misstep“ and “Well they’re better than an actual Nazi I guess”

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fans posted:

You seem to have trouble understanding the difference between “Nobody can be perfect, but we should support people making an effort and not disown them because they made a misstep“ and “Well they’re better than an actual Nazi I guess”

A misstep that isn't a far distance from "Round em up"

VitalSigns posted:

Just nominate Donald J Trump - D on a unity ticket in 2020.

He supports ICE but who cares, look at the D right there next to his name!

You seem to have trouble understanding the difference between “Nobody can be perfect, but we should support people making an effort and not disown them because they made a misstep“ and “Well they’re better than an actual Democrat I guess”

Ate My Balls Redux fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Nov 14, 2018

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Likely the same types that took pride in calling themselves "tea baggers". We're not working with the best tool in the tool box here

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Tatsuta Age posted:

Yes, Condiv, let the strategy that brought the Democratic party to its knees (more than a thousand seats lost!) and put DONALD TRUMP in the White House, sink in, like a pair of cement shoes.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

not a cult posted:

Yes, Condiv, let the strategy that brought the Democratic party to its knees (more than a thousand seats lost!) and put DONALD TRUMP in the White House, sink in, like a pair of cement shoes.

hey we won this time, everything is fixed. All we need to do is get a fascist piece of poo poo elected and usher him in with a supermajority every 8 years and we are GOLDEN

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Condiv posted:

Could’ve sworn there was more to that. Something about how those candidates should be pressured to do better. Guess in reality I’m supposed to just shut up and support a dem when they buddy up with fascism
And pressuring Democrats to be better is somehow mutually exclusive with also using the primary to drive to the left and using the primary to keep the Republican out? We have to pick one now?

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Why do the Dems Bad people just reply to each other endlessly in ironic argument instead of just stating and defending their actual positions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Granted it is Politico so take it with a grain of salt, but it looks like Hoyer has 155 votes to back him for Majority Leader. Hoyer any good?

I mean, he did say Trump's actions were "treasonous" in Helsinki...

friendbot2000 fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 14, 2018