Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

I somehow never got to this reading myself but I love it. Literally down the poor kid with nowhere else to go moving in and causing trouble

wait does this make Josuke the Dio of this story

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[josuke, holding a rokakaka above his head] I reject my humanity, Yasuho!!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

thinking about it Josuke also stole Anti-Johnathan(Joshu)'s girl

Bizzaro Phantom Blood is real

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thinking about it, yeah putting it as "Jobin is doing bad but knows it" isn't a good way of putting it either, it's definitely like him doing bad stuff and seeing it as not bad or as being fine because he feels justified in doing so

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Thinking about it, yeah putting it as "Jobin is doing bad but knows it" isn't a good way of putting it either, it's definitely like him doing bad stuff and seeing it as not bad or as being fine because he feels justified in doing so

That's also been a big Jojo Final Boss theme since part 4, to different degrees. Except for Diavolo who was just like "i love being evil at all times" but couldn't pull that off like DIO

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

diavolo just wants his infinite climax

don't you understand?????????????

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah, Diavolo's whole thing was just being Dio but inverted, compared to Kira who just wants to be left alone so he can do his murdering in peace without bothering anyone else except for the ones he murders, Pucci who was just straight up in love with DIO on a religious level and truly believed that his actions were divinely correct, and Valentine who had some idea that what he was doing would mess up the world around him but he felt that it would be justice for him to be able to take control and lead the free world and place himself at the most divine position of power possible, divine power granted to him directly from Jesus himself

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah almost all JoJo villains operate under wanting to attain a specific peace of mind. Even DIO for all his megalomania spoke a lot about how fear is what limited humans, and his Stand reflects this. With the World he creates a world of Stopped Time, a place of peace and control thats his alone, and when Jotaro can move in it it deeply worries him

Even his transformation into a vampire is motivated by something bigger than himself

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

Even his transformation into a vampire is motivated by something bigger than himself

Being Gay

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Yinlock posted:

wait does this make Josuke the Dio of this story

Josuke is also a fusion of two different people. :aaaaa:

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Like we joke and we jape here on this dead gay forum but me going "huh this reads like kind of a riff on the Noble Joestar Bloodline, neat" was pretty much a one off thing, but then pointing out that Josuke would be the "Dio" in this situation is loving me up. If that's really the case, like if this is supposed to be reversing our expectations, then the big villain has to be Jobin. We just haven't seen him cross the threshold into a completely unforgivable act, unless the thing about covering up that kid's murder counts? Something big is gonna happen with him if it hasn't already.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

BaDandy posted:

Like we joke and we jape here on this dead gay forum but me going "huh this reads like kind of a riff on the Noble Joestar Bloodline, neat" was pretty much a one off thing, but then pointing out that Josuke would be the "Dio" in this situation is loving me up. If that's really the case, like if this is supposed to be reversing our expectations, then the big villain has to be Jobin. We just haven't seen him cross the threshold into a completely unforgivable act, unless the thing about covering up that kid's murder counts? Something big is gonna happen with him if it hasn't already.

there's also the obvious connection that if the Higashikatas are the Joestars, then Josuke is their weird adopted "son" like Dio Brando was to the Joestars

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Xad posted:

there's also the obvious connection that if the Higashikatas are the Joestars, then Josuke is their weird adopted "son" like Dio Brando was to the Joestars

that's the exact thing we're talking about

it was literally said in the quoted post

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
at least pretend to read my posts!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Who are the Joestars if the Higashikatas are the Joestars

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Higashikatas

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Improbable Lobster posted:

Also the Joestars.

Or the Kiras as it were.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I feel like Jobin's unforgivable act will end up being doing something along the lines of murdering another person to avoid Tsurugi getting the curse and avoiding the standard ritual of someone in the family willingly sacrificing their life for the cursed child to live.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm really starting to come around to this hope for an omega twist and jousuke's the arch villain

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Johnny Joestar posted:

diavolo just wants his infinite climax

don't you understand?????????????

Diavolo is the Waluigi of the Joestar villains. If Dio is a reflection of Jonathan, then Diavolo is a reflection of a reflection, a true nobody with no real identity of his own. :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just realized that the reason Jobin probably wants the rokakaka so badly is because it will give him an easy way to save Tsurugi from the curse by just getting someone else and transferring the curse to them.

I'm dumb as a doorknob on the best of occasions but I really should've figured that out already.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Xad posted:

holy poo poo, yeah. I didn't understand what was meant until this post. and the DIO-inversion wants to save Holly from something afflicting her that he is related to by nature of his existence

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

BaDandy posted:

Diavolo is the Waluigi of the Joestar villains. If Dio is a reflection of Jonathan, then Diavolo is a reflection of a reflection, a true nobody with no real identity of his own. :v:
Diavolo actually doesn't exist, he is just a boss alternate personality invented by Doppio (please ignore it means Double in italian) to deal with his life troubles. :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Diavolo just wants to forever rule from the shadows without ever having to interact with anybody because gently caress social interaction and gently caress having any kind of paper trail

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Patware posted:

i'm really starting to come around to this hope for an omega twist and jousuke's the arch villain
The final battle ends with Yasuho giving Josuke the motivation to ORAORAORA himself.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Part 8 ends with Yasuho holding Josukes head as the Higashikata mansion burns

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Part 9 starts with digging up Johnny and placing Josukes head on it

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
She’s actually holding half of Josuke’s body, which means he’s got to hop around all over the place after he gets stitched up with Johnny’s corpse.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm still counting on Josuke awaking his Kira parts so he can use Killer Queen and basically be part 4 Kira with Stray Cat combat wise.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

Part 9 starts with digging up Johnny and placing Josukes head on it

"how many joestars can we make a single person out of? the answer will thrill you"

EDIT: I really really REALLY want to see Jousuke posing with both Soft and Wet and Killer Queen clinging to him Part 5 style it's GOTTA HAPPEN, RIGHT??

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I finally got around to reading Jojolion and holy poo poo what a ride this is. Was Josefumi having a Joestar birthmark an error or will he turn out to also be related to the Joestars? Who knows this poo poo is crazy!

Anyway I predict somehow Kars is gonna be the final villain and he will be the leader of the Rock Humans.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Patware posted:

Patware posted:

"how many joestars can we make a single person out of? the answer will thrill you"

EDIT: I really really REALLY want to see Jousuke posing with both Soft and Wet and Killer Queen clinging to him Part 5 style it's GOTTA HAPPEN, RIGHT??

he's not going to be the villain

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

he's not going to be the villain

That second one is not really "He's bad" more like "He's rad."

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah, it would be kind of cool if he was the villain, but my top priority is him waking killer queen back up and double posing no matter what else

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
:lol: Abbacchio is literal Blue Lives Magic

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Moody Blue Lives Matter

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Moody Blue Lives Matter

Cop FIRED after TAKING DOWN Antifa style THUG

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

That second one is not really "He's bad" more like "He's rad."

Patware posted:

yeah, it would be kind of cool if he was the villain, but my top priority is him waking killer queen back up and double posing no matter what else

sorry, i overreacted to the "the protagonist is actually the villain" thing because it's a lame plot twist that people online love to talk about constantly

I'm not that big on Killer Queen but i'm still all for Soft & Wet being able to explode things

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The dance is today. Prepare yourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm honestly more excited to see Mista and his bullet sons than the dance