Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Please, let's just laugh at number go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Facebook Aunt posted:

How many bacteria?

if humans had a gestative cycle of 12 minutes instead of 86,400 minutes you bet your rear end there would be countless zillions of us

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Did the bubble burst?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Any day now.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

spankmeister posted:

Any day now.

It popped at the end of 2017. Bitcoin has been in a downward spiral ever since.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Not so much a pop as a long, slow wet fart sound.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

MrUnderbridge posted:

Not so much a pop as a long, slow wet fart sound.

Pretty much, it seem that the price will never go down, it just people will stopped trading.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

hey the title is right again

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DebonaireD posted:

hey the title is right again

Lol it’s gone down like $400 bucks in like 4 days

Also lol that coin base really fucks you. Like you can buy the BC but you can’t use it for like 16 days.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Dow and Bitcoin dropping at the same time? Is it Christmas already?

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

lmao bitcoin

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Makes sense, people are selling to be able to afford Thanksgiving turkeys.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Also lol that coin base really fucks you. Like you can buy the BC but you can’t use it for like 16 days.

its gone down $400 in the last 4 minutes

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Whoa. this is the lowest it's been in over a year.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Looks like someone is trying to pump

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Agreed. Intelligence, artificial or otherwise, has little to do with cryptocoins. Except maybe re ICO and other scammers.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DebonaireD posted:

Lol that’s awesome.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

MarcusSA posted:

:yeshaha:

DebonaireD posted:

:bisonyes:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there a reason for the drop other than a bunch of people stopped taking their stupid pills?

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Cash out because of the Dow drop, what is happening in Brezil, people losing home in California...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone have the rollercoaster gif?

E: found it:

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 14, 2018

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone have the rollercoaster gif?

E: found it:

I know of a simple snarky FUD blog that was bought over for about 10k just so someone could revise their articles with find and replace poo poo. I bet that guy could make an easy grand or so by reversing the orientation on his gif.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there a reason for the drop other than a bunch of people stopped taking their stupid pills?

there's some kind of feud between miners that's causing a bunch of drama

i'm pretty sure that's it

https://twitter.com/RamenofBinance/status/1062695905768263680

jihan wu is one of the biggest BTC miners iirc

this is a good example of why the "it's decentralized!" argument is nonsense... bitcoin mining is pretty centralized as far as i can tell. if it wasn't, then this kind of reaction shouldn't happen

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 14, 2018

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Bleusilences posted:

Cash out because of the Dow drop, what is happening in Brezil, people losing home in California...
it's none of those things

i haven't seen bitcoin react to any news events unless they were specifically related to bitcoin (particularly regarding regulation, mining, or hype about technical stuff like segwit adoption or lightning network or other dumb poo poo like that)

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

SolTerrasa posted:

I don't think you've explained this very well - right now I think you're saying that AI can't explain when it doesn't know an answer, but that is extremely common. For instance, if you feed an image of static to Google's ImageNet API, it'll return you some json that you interpret as "there's a 0.001% chance this image is a koala, and a 0.0005% chance this image is a car, and everything else is way lower than that". No halting problem violations there.

The ML in your example is a big data set that calculates probabilities, not AI. It does not know about the results or what they mean, the humans that created it do and set the rules for relevance of results.

Take the example of the racist twitter bot. The ML algorithm did not know that it failed. Of cause, the question is how you define failure, one can argue it actually succeeded in showing us what a poo poo show twitter is but it does not change the fact that ML does not know anything about the results it produces or even why it produces them. Only humans can actually add meaning to the results.

That does not mean ML can't do fantastic things. It can and certainly will.

cubicle gangster posted:

I use ai based tools in work and it's having a huge impact. One of which is this - https://research.nvidia.com/publication/interactive-reconstruction-monte-carlo-image-sequences-using-recurrent-denoising
There are others too.
I dont think an infant is very good at reducing noise in a generated image, or smoothing out the results of a fluid simulation. When used to refine and clear up early stage simulations (no matter what is being simulated), AI and ML is very much 'in use' by professionals and has been for a couple of years.

but it cant put the round peg in the right hole so it's useless, right?
Did anyone ever claim that's what AI was even for?

I agree with you in my OP: One can certainly imagine how, in principle, systems that can detect patterns with massive data processing might find hitherto unknown ways of constructing theories that surpass those within the reach of human intelligence.

I never once said humans or an infant are good at processing huge amounts of data, on the contrary, i said that ML is going to do exactly that and it's great.

The NVIDIA Monte Carlo denoising is not new and been researched for 20+ years. It has access to all the geometry, light and materials in the scene from the GPU buffers. Don't get me wrong, It's great technology and reduces processing cycles which is a big win but it is not revolutionary. Especially since for real-time applications this will be limited to GI and reflections that still remain "grainy".

Maybe we should define what AI or Intelligence is first because i don't think any of the above is AI.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

gettin heated

https://twitter.com/ProfFaustus/status/1062751765601361923

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
BUY BUY BUY.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

TVsVeryOwn posted:

feeling it

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

Risc1911 posted:

Maybe we should define what AI or Intelligence is first because i don't think any of the above is AI.

It sounds like you're one of those people with a personal and extremely finicky definition of AI (that apparently doesn't even include image classification). Also everyone else asked us to shut up, so let's just call it. I'm sure you're right if we agree to use whatever personal definitions you prefer, but that's a really boring game to play from my side.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Dumb question: why would miners want to stop other miners from switching to BCH?

Wouldn't that be a good thing for anyone who didn't switch, who would have a greater chance of getting the block reward?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

So presumably a tether pump won't work this time round?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Remember when this was all about InCels stopping unaccountable shadowy figures from loving with how much their money was worth?

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

spankmeister posted:

our boi usd-T is going down with the rest of the coins, printing more while the current ones aren't even worth 1$ isn't a good look.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
This is just Bitcoin having an early black Friday flash sale.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

spankmeister posted:

Tether has been falling the past couple of days as well. That and the buttcoin cash cash debate might together be the cause.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Whatever happens, it will be good for bitcoin

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

5400 :yeshaha:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
ghostty - please tell us why this is a good thing

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Is this a good time to catch one of those falling knives I've been hearing about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

These are the guys uber outsourced to write their cars AI