Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

J
Jun 10, 2001

Broken Cog posted:

Kinda hoping the Immortal Syndicate hierarchy is randomized for each player, so some people end up with someone like Vorici as the mastermind, while others get Hillock.

The way I see it, it looks very similar to the nemesis system from shadow of mordor. So you should be able to get Hillock promoted up the hierarchy if you wanted to by the decisions you take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

The Prime Minister of New Zealand is a cis-woman.

They are going to have to call an emergency reelection because of how much Betrayal I am going to play.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hm this is making me forget that I always get burned out in red maps

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

How much loving content can they shove into this game

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Jinnigan posted:

is consecrated path good enough on it's own for single target or should i get a molten strike or blade flurry thing going on for single target

I'm consecrated path inquis and so far my attempts at endgame did not end well. AFAIK molten strike does really well with lots of flat damage, and blade flurry and consecrated path do well with Phys as extra else damage, so probably use that if you don't want a separate set of equipment.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Well every league I'm like "dang this league looks good I wonder if I'll buy supporter packs" then I end up getting both anyway (except for beastiary which was awful) but HOLY poo poo the packs this time look rad.

Also, apparently there will be Betrayal expansion packs as well to replace the WftA packs, hopefully those own too.

Chucullinn
Dec 9, 2008
A+ on the thread title change

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't like the support pack armor but I'm still going to get them both because I'm a consumerist whore and I'll probably mix and match the parts at some point.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.
Yeah, usually I only get one or the other, but this time it looks like I'm grabbing both because my inner edgelord can't resist.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The Soulstealer weapon MTX looks like it'll be best in slot for flicker strike.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Can support gems working in with multiple skills? Like, if I link added fire damage to sunder and heavy strike or whatever in a 3 slot, do both gain the bonus?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Can support gems working in with multiple skills? Like, if I link added fire damage to sunder and heavy strike or whatever in a 3 slot, do both gain the bonus?

Yep

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

They do as long as they can. Some support gems only effect spells or attacks, or can't apply to totems, etc. You have to read the description.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Papercut posted:

They do as long as they can. Some support gems only effect spells or attacks, or can't apply to totems, etc. You have to read the description.

Also if you mouseover an unsocketed support gem, the tooltip will show you which of your socketed active gems it will work with. That's probably my favorite QOL change so far.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

There's plenty of room in the guild at the moment for those of you who want to get in early, but I've registered a second account and made a backup guild in preparation for next league so that those who don't get in at the start have somewhere to talk to each other etc

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

TheRat posted:

There's plenty of room in the guild at the moment for those of you who want to get in early, but I've registered a second account and made a backup guild in preparation for next league so that those who don't get in at the start have somewhere to talk to each other etc

Ah, so begins the poe version of the five gbs irc channels that all hate each other.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

Ah, so begins the poe version of the five gbs irc channels that all hate each other.

No need for that, we already hate each other in the one standard gchat

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Arrhythmia posted:

Friction is a design goal after all.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

TheRat posted:

Is it worth trying to get a global chat channel people can hang out in if they're in separate guilds?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

interrodactyl posted:

Is it worth trying to get a global chat channel people can hang out in if they're in separate guilds?

Sure, but I suspect a lot of people will be way too lazy to join

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

TheRat posted:

Thanks and good call.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

just make a goon league

can fit 1000 players!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Hauki posted:

just make a goon league

can fit 1000 players!

private leagues don't have any shared chat lol they use their parent league's global

(they've said they're not tied to this, but want to see how people interact with it through the launch)

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

interrodactyl posted:

used to be that i was against this idea because early league i hang out in global 820 for the master rotations, but now that's not needed at all so... we should do it. channel 9112 in memory of the death of our comrade sean "vilerat" smith

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I never heard of this game and started playing it yesterday. Should I wait until the expansion drops to sink hours into it?

Also, how bad is it to just wing a build? I picked templar not knowing what that was and my build so far is the 2-handed weapon nodes and the totem power nodes because I was having fun with molten strike / two-handed axe / melee totem, but I don't want to have to reroll a character to do the news acts or whatever content is getting released.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

I never heard of this game and started playing it yesterday. Should I wait until the expansion drops to sink hours into it?

Also, how bad is it to just wing a build? I picked templar not knowing what that was and my build so far is the 2-handed weapon nodes and the totem power nodes because I was having fun with molten strike / two-handed axe / melee totem, but I don't want to have to reroll a character to do the news acts or whatever content is getting released.

You will be very frustrated when you get to act 9 or so with a homegroan build and no idea how to make one. But you'll be starting over in a few weeks anyway so you might as well get this teachable moment out of your system now.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The new league starting on December 7th. You'll want to be in it. Everyone starts fresh.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Just mess around while everything is shiny and new. Don't sweat anything. Eventually you'll probably hit some wall where things are too hard to progress and you can start over having learned a bit.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Vasudus posted:

The new league starting on December 7th. You'll want to be in it. Everyone starts fresh.

b..bb..but smash bros :(

okay thanks for the answers

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
hello friends, loved ones.

this patch looks really good

i love that the league mechanics look really confusing and stuff

master and hideout changes are fantastic

real talk though, I don't think I can play this game without Haku? why did they remove my brother and lover haku?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

homegroan build

very good typo, intentional or not

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Salt Fish posted:

Just go for it, and if you see Chaos Orbs pick them up (I mean pick them all up but Chaos, Divines, and Exalted are worth the most) and then when you get stuck go to the official trade site http://www.pathofexile.com/trade and get a weapon upgrade. Feel free to use the other kinds of orbs but I would recommend trading with Chaos instead of using them on your gear (you might see an Exalted or a Divine, you won't see a Mirror which are worth shitloads).

Take lots of life nodes, no more than that.

Prioritise life and resists on your non-weapon gear.

That will get you to the act 9 or 10 point and maybe by then it'll be expansion time anyway.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I was reading about leagues and I can't believe all this Delve content is temporary :psyduck: I just thought it was a core part of the game. That was basically all I was doing last night, running through the delve content and getting yellow gear for my dude.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

I was reading about leagues and I can't believe all this Delve content is temporary :psyduck: I just thought it was a core part of the game. That was basically all I was doing last night, running through the delve content and getting yellow gear for my dude.

Good news, it's not temporary! It's being added to the core game in 3.5!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Well it's going to be core very soon. They don't always integrate league mechanics into the core game, and very rarely is it ever a 1:1 thing. Breach for example went from being multiple breaches every zone to a 10% chance in maps for a single breach. Or Abyss going from the same 1-3 per zone to a 10% chance in 55+ areas and maps.

GGG does some crazy poo poo with their leagues, and it's not always a slam dunk, but they're pretty good at it.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Salt Fish posted:

The amount of work that goes in to each season/league is insane

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I hope the sulphite is still on every map though when Delve gets added as a permanent thing

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

boredsatellite posted:

I hope the sulphite is still on every map though when Delve gets added as a permanent thing

From what I understand sulphite is gained from master missions (Niko) alone, and that each mission gives enough sulphite for multiple delves

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Skyl3lazer posted:

The amount of work that goes in to each season/league is insane

I played this with a friend of mine before I think even leagues were a thing. I'd like to show him what the game looks like now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

Also just so you know, since it's unclear that you do ... there are only two permanent leagues: Standard and Hardcore (okay, and also their Solo Self-Found (SSF) counterparts, so four permanent leagues)

Every other league is temporary for a period of time only, and any content specific to that league goes away after that time period. Delve is the current league and it will go away on December 4th, and when that happens your stuff (characters and stash) will get migrated into the appropriate permanent league (Delve HC -> Hardcore, Delve Standard -> Standard). When Betrayal starts, it will be time-boxed as well, and when the league is over it will also go to the relevant permanent league.

Its why you hear things like "league starter", they're builds that you can do without a boatload of currency to buy the uniques/rares that make the build really work. The economy of a league is very interesting in the first week or two because there are some major dips and rises as needs fluctuate and the currency/goods pool expands.