Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I use PcoketCasts on Android, and I've never had any problems with the patreon feed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Chainsawdomy posted:

It's a Neil Hamburger impression.

Speaking of weird Ericisms, when Eric does his weird surfer voice and goes “Wait Whuuut?” Is that a reference to anything or just him being him?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Eric was my least favorite years ago and has somehow become tied for favorite.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Eric's humor can be very dry, so he can be an acquired taste. I also feel when he really didn't like a movie he's the most depressed during recording (I don't blame him, some of the poo poo they watch is truly miserable). He makes up for this by being completely on fire for movies he adores (Cyber Seduction, Highlander 3, two of my fav eps). I like him a lot and appreciate his recent fantasy novel obsession.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Eric improves greatly when you start viewing him as the Norm Macdonald of the group.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Eric has some of the best out-of-nowhere anecdotes. Him explaining being jailed in Ultima Online was wonderful. As was his retelling of the roach-infested dresser mishap.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Sir Poop Juice

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I love all 4 of my WHM friends, but Cabin is usually in 4th place. But, I credit that to him recovering from being dead for about a year. However, he was on point during the Grinch episode.

WHOmshackalacka!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I like Chris but I think he leans too hard into two things: Being gross (even more than Eric), and really hating a movie. About the gross thing, whenever Eric's gross he's usually funny. Eric never has any duds. Chris swings for the fences and he has knockouts like his bidet joke but he has a lot of misses and it's obnoxious. And his jokes about really hating a film aren't funny either. He sounds too serious when he says a movie is bad.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DoubleCakes posted:

I like Chris but I think he leans too hard into two things: Being gross (even more than Eric), and really hating a movie. About the gross thing, whenever Eric's gross he's usually funny. Eric never has any duds. Chris swings for the fences and he has knockouts like his bidet joke but he has a lot of misses and it's obnoxious. And his jokes about really hating a film aren't funny either. He sounds too serious when he says a movie is bad.

He was voted one of America’s most contrarian film critics!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Chris heard the title of the podcast and took it seriously.

To me, Eric and Stephen are neck to neck for the 1st spot.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Marin Karin posted:

Eric's humor can be very dry, so he can be an acquired taste. I also feel when he really didn't like a movie he's the most depressed during recording (I don't blame him, some of the poo poo they watch is truly miserable). He makes up for this by being completely on fire for movies he adores (Cyber Seduction, Highlander 3, two of my fav eps). I like him a lot and appreciate his recent fantasy novel obsession.

That Cyber Seduction was great, it's like he had saved up jokes for years until they finally did an episode on it.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I’d listen to a podcast of just Steve and Eric talking about the NYC subway system.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

DoubleCakes posted:

He is the most important part of the Hard Target episode and in general is the most insightful when it comes to explaining how movies work (or don’t)
Plus he’s a weird drug goblin and you can tell the others are a little bit scared of him

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

DoubleCakes posted:

Cabin has alot of jokes that completely stop the riffs in a bad way, but he also ce up with rub my bump

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cabin is wonderful, all of my fat movie pals are wonderful.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
How Did the Grinch Stole Christmas was an absolute banger. Crooked Wholary absolutely killed me.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
Eric's "disgusting poo poo boy" bit this week was amazing. And the Natalie wood joke holy poo poo.

I think Cabin is more clearly a critic than the others who come across as movie loving comedians. I think they need that sometimes. He sometimes goes into more detail about whats wrong (or right) from a filmmaking point of view. Most evident in the on screen stuff I guess.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
The never ending Who-puns in the Grinch episodes are a thing of beauty. They are never ending and keep getting more ridiculous as the episode progresses, its magical .

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

OrthoTrot posted:

I think Cabin is more clearly a critic than the others who come across as movie loving comedians. I think they need that sometimes. He sometimes goes into more detail about whats wrong (or right) from a filmmaking point of view. Most evident in the on screen stuff I guess.

That's true, I just wish that his critic stick helped the 'cast more often. The Saw episode was good because in that episode Cabin was roping the conversation along in a very insightful way. He wasn't super funny on that episode but he gave it structure.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DoubleCakes posted:

That's true, I just wish that his critic stick helped the 'cast more often. The Saw episode was good because in that episode Cabin was roping the conversation along in a very insightful way. He wasn't super funny on that episode but he gave it structure.

That structure was his hatred of the movie and the franchise in general

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Stan Lee's smokin' a J with Saint Peter. :smith: :rip:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Stan copies the Jack the final way.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Fart City posted:

I’d listen to a podcast of just Steve and Eric talking about the NYC subway system.

It's hard to pick a favorite story but the one where a crazy old woman is throwing negative energy at Steve for "like 7 stops" never fails to crack me up.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ror posted:

It's hard to pick a favorite story but the one where a crazy old woman is throwing negative energy at Steve for "like 7 stops" never fails to crack me up.

What's that from again? I can almost hear it in my head.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
What episode is the "See ya later Eric" story from

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Andorra posted:

See ya later movie or Eric, cause I remember the first one kind of

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Andorra posted:

Surviving the Game.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I always mix up "see ya later" guy with lg Yahoo.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
This episode on the podcast, Pepsi Jazz and nu metal!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

LET THE BODIES HIT THE GROOOOOUUUUD!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Once I got the news, my first thought was the bit about Lee's necromancers raising Jack Kirby from the dead so they can steal his grave and bury Lee in it (don't recall which ep this was).

Lemon
May 22, 2003

The Million Dollar Baby joke was brutal.

Who is the guy on acid they're doing impressions of?

Lemon fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 14, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lemon posted:

The Million Dollar Baby joke was brutal.

Who is the guy on acid they're doing impressions of?

A guy from the documentary American Movie.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Just after I knock Chris Cabin for not being funny, he was one of the best on this last episode.

The nu metal feature was good. The joke didn't get obnoxious and you could say that the fifth host was the spirit of nu metal. While nu metal itself might be trash, its spirit is benevolent eternally.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Doing the Down With The Sickness sound in any context will always make me laugh so this last episode gets an A+ in my book.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I absolutely loved the rawness of this episode. It was messy, somewhat amateur at parts, anarchy at others, and absolutely hilarious. It also painted the clearest picture yet of what it’s like to record an episode of the show.

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 14, 2018

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

clown shoes posted:

It was messy, somewhat amateur at parts, anarchy at others, and absolutely hilarious.

But enough about nu metal.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I watched that scene on youtube, and the OOH AH AH AH part of Down With the Sickness plays just as the mouse explodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea it’s perfect.